Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inception Hosting/Lowend spirit experience - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inception Hosting/Lowend spirit experience

2»

Comments

• emdademdad Member
    1. Awesome with inception hosting. No IP change in 2 yrs, unlike evo... changing IP frequently
    2. VPN mostly
    3. Tried both in a single 128mb box, works good enough.....
  • sc754sc754 Member

I used to use LES for vpn's, but after a few months my vpn stopped working and never worked again. So I've not used them since

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

sc754 said: I used to use LES for vpn's, but after a few months my vpn stopped working and never worked again. So I've not used them since

Few people had that issue after node reboots, its just a case of disabling and re-enabling the tun/tap adapter in solusvm.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited May 2015

Ive had more downtime from INIZ than my three LES boxes in Syd and JP.. Mostly used for VPN OpenVPN, TeamSpeak / websites and an NGINX proxy.

They work perfectly it always depends on what you need and want to and of course how much you're going to rely on them. As you can see most people use them for GEO or dev boxes.

@ATHK indeed 95% of the point of them is that they don't need an SLA, they are so cheap you can disperse or replicate your site, service, whatever over 5 (or more) locations in 5 DC's in 5 different countries for €12.00 p/Year so you can build your own high availability so you no longer need someone to give you up time guarantees, best efforts on this becomes better than 100% SLA promises on a single location.

mikho said: Shouldn't be the reason, happens here at LET as well and as you both know.... CC and ipv6 isn't really compatible

It looks like it is because it is behind cloudflare and when people connect over IPv6 the XFF HTTP header field is not passed when using ipv6<>ipv4 translation, should have been obvious really I just never considered that, should be easy to fix, I will get it sorted.

• krs360krs360 Member

@anthonysmith yes, but they are rl friends to it's okay to flame them ;)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    It looks like it is because it is behind cloudflare and when people connect over IPv6 the XFF HTTP header field is not passed when using ipv6<>ipv4 translation, should have been obvious really I just never considered that, should be easy to fix, I will get it sorted.

What I ment to say is that it's not only related to IPv6 translations/transports via CF. It happens via IPv4 also.

It IS a Cloudflare issue none the less.

• samulisamuli Member

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply

Thanks guys for your feedback. Much appreciate the time you have taken

sounds really great

Last question please

what can you recommend openvpn or softether vpn

and is NginX + PHP-fpm + apc + MariaDB a a good choice? or can you recommend something else?

Thanks

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited May 2015

I wouldn't recommend LES for anything serious. Uptime tends to be rather poor according to my experience with IH LES.

what can you recommend openvpn or softether vpn

openvpn

and is NginX + PHP-fpm + apc + MariaDB a a good choice? or can you recommend something else?

Yes, but remember that when using APC with php-fpm the cache is shared among all pools of a single master process. If you want to properly isolate pools from one another you shouldn't use APC with php-fpm or spawn multiple master processes.

• @Abdussamad said:
    I wouldn't recommend LES for anything serious. Uptime tends to be rather poor.

Inception, Deepnet and Ransom are perfect uptime wise. NanoVZ is a little behind.

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: Inception, Deepnet and Ransom are perfect uptime wise. NanoVZ is a little behind.

I only have experience with IH so that's what I mean. I guess I should mention that in an edit.

• @Abdussamad said:

Can I ask what location?

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: Can I ask what location?

UK and Italy. The shared IPs often get DoSed. UK has been especially poor.

• J1021J1021 Member

Abdussamad said: UK and Italy. The shared IPs often get DoSed. UK has been especially poor.

UK had an issue for ~3 days which was eventually resolved by (IIRC) a chassis swap. Other than that it is usually fine.

Remember, these are fantastic for what they are.

Here is the uptime graph from SmokePing running on my LES at Nottingham.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Abdussamad said:
    I wouldn't recommend LES for anything serious. Uptime tends to be rather poor according to my experience with IH LES.

@Abdussamad said:
    UK and Italy. The shared IPs often get DoSed. UK has been especially poor.

from what I read the real reason is not uptime (since the vps are accessible and running) it is the lack of ipv4 connection that troubles you.
    Same problem you would have no matter the provider (without ddos protection).

Don't rely on ipv4 and it has been one of the most stabel boxes I've had.

Abdussamad said: I wouldn't recommend LES for anything serious.

Neither would I, that's why it is a none SLA service. :) Italy does get hit fairly often but only one of the IP4's if you switched to IPv6 which is the primary for LES you would have had 0 downtime.