Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inception Hosting/Lowend spirit experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inception Hosting/Lowend spirit experience

samulisamuli Member

Hi

I am interested in one of the Bundles (LES-Bundle2) so far as it is available

I have a few questions and hope that some users can help

1. to all Who already use this product, What are your experiences
  2. for which purpose do you use this server?
  3. i I would like to use this vps(es) as a VPN + blog ( would the ram be sufficient?)
  4. is it possible / allowed merge multiple orders in a container or are there other bundles with more RAM

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

3, Yep

4, Nope :)

I will let actual customers answer 1 and 2.

Ant.

1. 10/10 IF YOU READ TERMS.
    2. Development
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

1-2. My most active LES is a round robin wiki page (wiki.lowendguide.com) using 4-5 locations depending on what I need.
    Downtime has happend, Italy experienced a few DDoS attacks that caused a null route.
    JP was "abused" by chinese which caused the IPv4 to be blocked by The Great firewall of China.

In general it has been as stable as most other providers.

I once had a Wordpress installation on LNMP on the original NL location (with 64mb ram) as proof of concept.

I use LES from Inception and RansomIT.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    1. No complaints whatsoever.
    2. VPN and test boxes
    3. Yes, but don't be put them there is you must have 99.99% uptime. They're good, but remember, there's no SLA.
  • samulisamuli Member

Hi AnthonySmith :)

1. can you recommend something

2. what a pity but why? is it maybe possible to get a costom bundle

Thank you

What sort of bundle did you have in mind, I don't alter resources but if it is a different mix of locations I can consider it.

• if you need more ram you can consider one of the KVM packages. from littlehappycloud

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2015
    1. In generall, RansomIT is really good for that Price (4x SSD Raid 10 + 3EUR = Orgasim) which offers LES services, InceptionHosting does the same also DeepNetSolutions.

But EvoBurst is a bit what i would not expect, slow nodes i had a CT on Dusseldorf it vent down often/was slow, so I terminated it.I tried to logging into France but it refuses the connection, ether NAT issue or the VPS is offline weired.

I would not buy a LES VPS there, it seems like there are issues since a while not just yesterday.

I go and probably trash all my EvoBurst LES boxes. So i guess i gonna extend my WorldStream dedi.

1. Mostly GEO uses.
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

I use LES bundle (5 locations) for over a year now. I randomly host several low traffic sites there. Example: the following one is a low traffic Joomla 2.5 site with nginx, mysql, phpmyadmin and php installed. Also, fail2ban, csf, and a daily backup cron. this is the load, mem and structure:

This is hosted in italy node of LES (Inception Hosting).
    I use other LES in a streaming cdn cluster (nginx-rtmp) and various other uses.
    Recommended!

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

@AnthonySmith

whut's that:

• manlivomanlivo Member
    edited May 2015
    1. No complaints, Recommended them.
    2. Development
    3. I setup 1 small WP blog for testing, with debian, nginx, sqlite, php-fpm. It's running fine with 128Mb RAM.

Uptime ok, no SLA but they did answer my tickets. They sent me the guide's links on the LES Forum.

• J1021J1021 Member

All of the InceptionHosting/DeepNetSolutions/RansomIT LES services are awesome. The NanoVZ services aren't so awesome, they often crawl along.

@tr1cky said:
    AnthonySmith

whut's that:

I think thats a cloudflare problem, CF reports the wrong IP to the webserver.
    Flush cache and try a few minutes later usually solves it.

• berkayberkay Member

To your questions 1 and 2; it's quite good for the price. There could be some hiccups sometimes as it's an extremely shared platform but Anthony does his best to solve problems, and after all this is a non SLA product. They are being used as backend nodes for http://who.pm now, except Japan.

• souensouen Member
    1. IT and JP had a few hiccups last year (1-2 h downtime), but seems to be better now. CA has been around when I need it, good uptime and speeds. Haven't tried the other locations.

2. Currently VPN and Tox node.

3. Should be enough, OpenVPN community version or similar doesn't require much RAM. Blog could be done with Nginx/Lighttpd/some light web server, modest traffic Wordpress blog possible or maybe even go with a static blog generator?

• They are excellent boxes. For more RAM check out DeepNetSolutions. I recently started learning about User Mode Linux, and I think I may reorder some LES boxes now that I can do so much with them :) quite unfortunate that I let most of them expire in the last few months...
    I used the LES UK for VPN before and it was great.

@tr1cky said:
    AnthonySmith

whut's that:

@tricky the site is behind cloudflare and as such uses x_forward_for on the back end to get the customers real IP not the CF one as CF itself acts like a proxy, the problem with this is that if you yourself are using a proxy or VPN and certain headers are not send then it gets the IP wrong.

Were you using a Proxy or VPN of any kind?

• krs360krs360 Member

Love the service provided.

Simply hosts a ts server for league of legends communication.

krs360 said: Simply hosts a ts server for league of legends communication.

To insult each other then? :p

• ehabehab Member

everyone should have at least 1 lowendspirit, no complaints what so every, those nodes are good for vpn, net test etc ... i recommend Anthony's services to anyone.

Thanks guys, there are a number of new features on the horizon too.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Thanks guys, there are a number of new features on the horizon too.

do tell!

Thanked by 1erkin

Tripleflix said: do tell!

Playing these ones close to my chest :)

• 12 locations at €3/yr

Yes it may be NAT, yes it may be SLA but I can't find anything near €3/yr anywhere else.

• I have one LES at Dallas location to host my personal site. It works perfectly, no complain at all..

• Great service. At the moment mine's trotting away running a NodeJS application, works great!

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

AnthonySmith said: Were you using a Proxy or VPN of any kind?

Nope, I weren't, but a new IP resolved the problem.
    Could this have happened because I did hit the ipv6-page?

• I have one with inception and quite happy with the service I get.

tr1cky said: I did hit the ipv6-page?

Hmm interesting, I will have a look in to that.

@tr1cky said:
    Could this have happened because I did hit the ipv6-page?

@AnthonySmith said:
    Hmm interesting, I will have a look in to that.

Shouldn't be the reason, happens here at LET as well and as you both know.... CC and ipv6 isn't really compatible (yet?). :p