Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Req] Need Dedi OR VPS, With truly unmetered.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Req] Need Dedi OR VPS, With truly unmetered.

HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
edited May 2015 in Requests

Looking for a dedicated server or VPS with at least the following specs:

Unmetered! 1TB HD, 4GB Ram, decent CPU (no atoms), At least a 500mbps port.

There is almost always a constant flow of traffic/downloads so uptime and reliability is a must with no down times. My current provider Online.net my server has been up since last Auguest, besides the reboots I have to make due to the port being over saturated and nothing can work.

Up front Im saying this, I will be using a TON of bandwidth, all legit. Id need at least 35TB to be safe.

My budget is hopefully around under $45

Comments

• @MarkTurner : They've good dedis but you'll need to spend few bucks on bandwidth. But those are pretty cheap.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited May 2015

@sdglhm said:
    MarkTurner : They've good dedis but you'll need to spend few bucks on bandwidth. But those are pretty cheap.

Ive tried that in the past, but 10TB limit. And Im sure it would be costly for an extra 25TB

• I can do a dedicated server with 50 TB bandwidth, but it'll be $60.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited May 2015

@hyelton said:
    Looking for a dedicated server or VPS with at least the following specs:

Unmetered! 1TB HD, 4GB Ram, decent CPU (no atoms), At least a 500mbps port.

There is almost always a constant flow of traffic/downloads so uptime and reliability is a must with no down times. My current provider Online.net my server has been up since last Auguest, besides the reboots I have to make due to the port being over saturated and nothing can work.

Up front Im saying this, I will be using a TON of bandwidth, all legit. Id need at least 35TB to be safe.

My budget is hopefully around under $45

Wholesale internet is the only provider that provides unmetered connections with your budget. But as far as I'm aware. It's 100mbps. But unmetered bandwidth you'll be looking at least $300/mo...

Edit. I've headed qualix are 30tb on the servers + it's like $10 per 10tb that's what I've heard but that'll be your cheapest... Well within your budget

• I'm pretty sure they can arrange you something if your reason is valid. :)

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • OVH would be my recommendation, but its above your budget there, SYS would work if you could live with 250Mbps connection speed but they are the only two I know of that are unmetered.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • comXyzcomXyz Member

45$/month or 45$/year?

• @comXyz said:
    45$/month or 45$/year?

Per month..., I`m not that cheap lol.

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@hyelton said:
    Per month..., I`m not that cheap lol.

Just need to clarify, you know, it's LET

• DylanDylan Member

hyelton said: At least a 500mbps port.
    Id need at least 35TB to be safe.

Unmetered 500 Mbps is not going to be cheap at all -- that's about 164 TB/month.

If you miscalculated or something and would be OK with a slower connection, SoYouStart gives you an unmetered 250 Mbps connection (82 TB/month), and they have a few good servers in your price range.

I'm curious, though, what's wrong with Online.net? They'd be my first suggestion for what you're looking for.

edited May 2015

@Dylan said:
    I'm curious, though, what's wrong with Online.net? They'd be my first suggestion for what you're looking for.

Well I bought a server through OneProvider, which for france they are a reseller for Online.net.

Anyway It "was" a 1GB port and still shows 1GB on my invoice/what I have. Which is what I understood as burst, etc. And for the first few months I always got around 400/500mbps which was fine! Then I started having problems with load times of BASIC html pages like directories, and I thought maybe traffic grew (which it did) BUT now I barely squeeze out 200mbps at any giving time. Because of this I even have to run my personal sites just Wordpress sites on a shared account as half the time they`d never load, due to all the port saturation.

I`ve even have to force some of the downloaders to use download managers due half the time things fail when using a normal browser. I know some files are large, but I can download a 3GB file from someone in chrome fine, but when I do from my server it says it would take 8 hours!, But throw it in a download manager and it takes 20min.

• @Dylan said:

Online.net limit you around 10TB Month if you use more they will require you to upgrade you connection for €70 extra as far I know.

edited May 2015

@mlody1039 said:

But I`m through a reseller. I use WAY more than that per month lol.

As of right now so far this month I have used 30TB

edited May 2015

I just need something better and as soon as I can even though I cannot afford it. I dont think an extra 50mbps through Soyoustart would be worth it. I would try but one of the scripts I use puts files in a million files and its not really easily movable.

• WilliamWilliam Member

500Mbit alone cost 250$ at the cheapest possible ISP (HE and Cogent plus peering) - What you want is not going to happen or oversold to shit.

Thanked by 1jaakka
  • Delimiter had a E3-1225 with 100Mbps unmetered. I think it was within your pricing area but I can't find a link right now. Let me know if you want it and I'll try to dig it out.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

mlody1039 said: Online.net limit you around 10TB Month if you use more they will require you to upgrade you connection for €70 extra as far I know.

source please..

• WilliamWilliam Member

source please..

Can confirm – Got email asking me for upgrade after ~30TB.

Thanked by 2TarZZ92 vimalware
  • AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

What about servdiscount.com? As far as i know they provide 500Mbit...

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • DylanDylan Member
    edited May 2015

mlody1039 said: Online.net limit you around 10TB Month if you use more they will require you to upgrade you connection for €70 extra as far I know.

I went through this myself with them last month and no, that's not what they do. At most they'll limit your server to whatever its guaranteed bandwidth is (e.g. 200 Mbps). They also give you an opportunity to reduce the usage yourself before they implement any limiting.

@hyelton, even though OneProvider resells Online.net services they handle bandwidth very differently. OneProvider only says "best effort up to" and gives no guarantees at all, while Online.net gives you a specific guaranteed speed (like 200 Mbps) as well as a burst. I'd personally suggest going directly with Online.net for that reason.

• admsamadmsam Member

the budget is totally wont be happen, unless you get overselling offer from the provider. I believe your server might be suspended if you have the constant 500mbps.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited May 2015

@William said:
    Can confirm – Got email asking me for upgrade after ~30TB.

Did they say they would limit you to 10 TB a month, or to your guaranteed bandwidth? Those are two entirely different things.

• Look at the config of mini-me over here
    I have that config available in 100TB. 1 Gbps port. $78

Server will be with leaseweb. Washington DC or SFO location. You can pick.

If you are ok with Intel G6950, that should be $68. Sorry, a little over your budget.

• @sunny_lanke said:
    Look at the config of mini-me over here
    I have that config available in 100TB. 1 Gbps port. $78

Server will be with leaseweb. Washington DC or SFO location. You can pick.

If you are ok with Intel G6950, that should be $68. Sorry, a little over your budget.

Yeah I couldnt afford that. Sadly.

Im sort of thinking SoYouStart but wondering if the extra 50mbps is worth it.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Get cheap Hetzner server with unmetered incoming traffic and 20TB outgoing and agree to pay 1.20€ or so per TB overage?

• New request.. Would a Atom dedi be good enough to serve say 1tb of files that are 1 to 3 GB in size with a decent unmetered port at least 500mbps? How much would something like that be?

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

hyelton said: New request.. Would a Atom dedi be good enough to serve say 1tb of files that are 1 to 3 GB in size with a decent unmetered port at least 500mbps? How much would something like that be?

depends on what atom. and using a ramcache software might help

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Perhaps try multiple VPS's with a load balance to distribute the traffic. This will also help with downtime.

• FuslFusl Member

Real cheap gigabit unmetered I've seen so far was at RapidSwitch:

https://scr.meo.ws/snapshot/2015-05-24-07-16-45-PQvRBPUi.png

They provided me with such servers for months and I've been constantly pulling and pushing ~950-990 Mbit/s over their network and nobody ever cared (apparently non-oversold due to the constant speed): https://scr.meo.ws/snapshot/2015-05-24-07-19-46-wz4WktiL.png

Not sure if they can do any offer below 45$ or even around that price, I suspect the price to be around 100-150$ or in rare setups even 200$ depending on what you are planning to do.

edited May 2015

@Fusl said:
    Real cheap gigabit unmetered I've seen so far was at RapidSwitch:

https://scr.meo.ws/snapshot/2015-05-24-07-16-45-PQvRBPUi.png

They provided me with such servers for months and I've been constantly pulling and pushing ~950-990 Mbit/s over their network and nobody ever cared (apparently non-oversold due to the constant speed): https://scr.meo.ws/snapshot/2015-05-24-07-19-46-wz4WktiL.png

Not sure if they can do any offer below 45$ or even around that price, I suspect the price to be around 100-150$ or in rare setups even 200$ depending on what you are planning to do.

Sadly thats way out of budget. Maybe if I made enough on my sites for that, but no I cannot do that.