Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Market Research] Lowend Cost, multiple-country proxies? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Market Research] Lowend Cost, multiple-country proxies?

2»

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2015

telephone said: EDIT: Unless it's the same as luminati.io, where it's a P2P setup.

It's not, though. It's run by the Hola people, and apparently their method of marketing is rather dubious... I've run into a number of people who were completely unaware that their system was being used for this when they used Hola.

It's about as 'transparent' and 'legitimate' as a bundled Ask toolbar where the "Next" button suddenly turns into an "I agree" button. Sure, technically you're stating what you're doing, and technically the user agreed with it, but you're still trying to trick people and banking on them overlooking something.

EDIT: When I say it's not P2P, I mean that Luminati itself is not P2P. It piggybacks off the Hola userbase, which apparently isn't clearly advertised as being P2P, in a manner that users understand it.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • @joepie91 said:

Hola commonly injects advertisements into browser, etc. without your knowledge.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

KwiceroLTD said: Hola commonly injects advertisements into browser, etc. without your knowledge.

And uses you as a peer for Hola and Luminati.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • joepie91 said: And uses you as a peer for Hola and Luminati.

Would be a fun project to modify the extension, and just prevent you from being used, if possible?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

KWitchcraft

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @KwiceroLTD said:
    "connected to a botnet" - If we want to talk "illegal" anyone can go code a C++ no dep.

app that creates a socks server, put upnp support, fud it, then go to the "hacker" websites and rent a exploit kit, those are about $2,000 for a month, then setup a C&C (Ecatel or Voxility does the trick 99% of the time), then pay for 20k of traffic easily which is $20, and sure you could get a ton of socks proxies, but that's not what I am doing. I don't engage in illegal activity. Plus, even at that 20k of traffic usually is just vietnam, ukraine areas due to restrictions, as exploit kit vendors set limits on what traffic is allowed and what isn't.

You clearly don't understand. This is not simple as it looks, you forgot the main point, it's ILLEGAL.

• alexvolk said: You clearly don't understand. This is not simple as it looks, you forgot the main point, it's ILLEGAL.

Nothing I'm doing is illegal. You can interpret how you want.

• spammyspammy Member

Don't think there is any point for you to do a market research, the demand is there, for sure, the problem is, would you able to deliver? I think that's what's the community is skeptical about.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@KwiceroLTD said:
    Nothing I'm doing is illegal. You can interpret how you want.

Then explain what you're actually doing. If you've uncovered a secret sauce you don't want to share with the public, pick a trusted mod and tell them, and they can tell us if you're a genius or the latest in a long line of Kwunts with revealing the details.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • Nekki said: Then explain what you're actually doing. If you've uncovered a secret sauce you don't want to share with the public, pick a trusted mod and tell them, and they can tell us if you're a genius or the latest in a long line of Kwunts with revealing the details.

If a mod would like to inquire how it's being done, I am willing to share with them in private.

• WilliamWilliam Member

You should first reply to me and clear up how you are able to provide connections in countries where VPN and alike are highly illegal (Iran, Iraq, UAE, Saudi Arabia among others)

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • KwiceroLTDKwiceroLTD Member
    edited May 2015

@William said:
    You should first reply to me and clear up how you are able to provide connections in countries where VPN and alike are highly illegal (Iran, Iraq, UAE, Saudi Arabia among others)

I can remove those countries if need be, I just listed all the possible ones. I'm only adding ones that there is a demand for.

• @KwiceroLTD said:
    I can remove those countries if need be, I just listed all the possible ones. I'm only adding ones that there is a demand for.

Ask your lawyer he seems to know what he isn't doing

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • WilliamWilliam Member

That is not an appropriate answer - Just for reference, running a public accesible proxy carries a DEATH SENTENCE in Saudi Arabia (and similar in Iran)

You could cause people TO DIE - simple as that - how do you obtain this proxies?

Thanked by 2k0nsl Mark_R
  • @KwiceroLTD said:

But still you didn't answer to William's question.

• @William said:
    That is not an appropriate answer - Just for reference, running a public accesible proxy carries a DEATH SENTENCE in Saudi Arabia (and similar in Iran)

You could cause people TO DIE - simple as that - how do you obtain this proxies?

Well then.

• William said: DEATH SENTENCE in Saudi Arabia (and similar in Iran)

Wasn't aware of such laws, will remove from listing then.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2015

Everything against the Saud family (or the molās in Iran) carriers a death sentence in Saudi law (which is based on the Quran) - Your lawyer sucks if he did not even know that.

I'm still questioning where you obtained this proxies - no one with sane mind would share his connection in Iran or Saudi Arabia, sounds like vicsocks of a botnet.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

@William said:
    Everything against the Saud family (or the molās in Iran) carriers a death sentence in Saudi law (which is based on the Quran) - Your lawyer sucks if he did not even know that.

I'm still questioning where you obtained this proxies - no one with sane mind would share his connection in Iran or Saudi Arabia, sounds like vicsocks of a botnet.

Hate to bring religion into a VPS forum, but no it certainly isn't in the Quran. Many Saudi laws are their own cultural interpretations, such as women being prohibited from driving. Also, the Al Saud family certainly don't think their own laws apply to themselves, many examples of hypocrisy there and same applies in Iran too.

@KwiceroLTD said:
    Wasn't aware of such laws, will remove from listing then.

You're still avoiding the question, if it's all perfectly legal and legitimate, and checked by a lawyer then you shouldn't have had that in your list in the first place.

• WilliamWilliam Member

Infinity said: Hate to bring religion into a VPS forum, but no it certainly isn't in the Quran. Many Saudi laws are their own cultural interpretations, such as women being prohibited from driving. Also, the Al Saud family certainly don't think their own laws apply to themselves, many examples of hypocrisy there and same applies in Iran too.

True, Saudi law is also based on current clerics in power (similar to Iran) and fatwas issued by other clerics (mostly Saudi though, but not inside Al-Saud family). Of course the Saud family (which has easily 1000+ members inside Saudi Arabia) does not apply their laws on themself and live more like foreigners in their guarded camps (parties etc.).

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Infinity said: Many Saudi laws are their own cultural interpretations,

yes well you cant tell me that death penalty for adultery is not inspired by religion.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@KwiceroLTD said:
    If a mod would like to inquire how it's being done, I am willing to share with them in private.

Im as good as a mod, you can tell me.

Thanked by 24n0nx Mark_R
  • edited May 2015

Give in with Market Research and instead research a new lawyer

Thanked by 1William
  • Are they backconnect proxies?

If not, then I'm interested :)

Good luck!

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

KwiceroLTD said: why spend money when you could just scrape public proxy sites if you really wanted one for fraudulent usage?

You have no clue. Because it's nearly impossible to get a public, clean and working socks in some specific city/state.

Anyway, if you really asked a lawyer about this which I doubt, get a new one.

• Why all the flaming? He might need some advice and not know all the roundabouts as many of you clearly have shown.

• roykemroykem Member

yes.. keep your service, ppl may talk anything but others may need ur services.

Me, interest as well to see what kind of service you offer ;)

• laticlatic Member, Host Rep

Welcome to Low-End Market Research.....

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@inthecloudblog said:
    Why all the flaming? He might need some advice and not know all the roundabouts as many of you clearly have shown.

Because of the claim that's it's all legal and he's consulted a lawyer?