Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU UptimeVPS.co 75% OFF 512-40GB-400GB €2.50/MONTH Recurring 75% OFF - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EU UptimeVPS.co 75% OFF 512-40GB-400GB €2.50/MONTH Recurring 75% OFF

2»

Comments

• or 25 euro/year (there is such an option there). ~2 euro/month.
    A server with 24Gb - 170 euro/month. 48 of such VPS-es - 96 euro/month.

• @breton said: A server with 24Gb - 170 euro/month.

Where? I'm sure they're not paying that much

@uptimevps
    Xen is in Netherlands only? There is no option to select location

• Their FR servers are with kimsufi which is about 50 euro (+ whatever the IP charges)/month for 24GB.

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited November 2011

@breton: sorry cant agree here, wrong outdated pricing. not even close even if u would say 170$/ month

@vedran: its france only

@tortau: thats more like it :)

• kimsufi

oh, ok then.

• Anyone knows what distros are available on this Xen? WHMCS usually doesn't show all of them (only CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu).

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited November 2011

@danielfeng: 34 versions in total of: arch, centos, debian, fedora, opensuse, scientific, slackware, ubuntu, gentoo

• @kristal

Are you working for them now?

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited November 2011

@vedran: never was, never will, just trying to help and answer some questions. DONT START

• @kristal: Um, I got one of them and I don't see the 34 you mentioned.
    My list shows: CentOS 5, Debian 5, 6, Fedora 14, Gentoo 2011, Slackware 13, Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10. Each with x86/64 variants.

• vedranvedran Veteran
    edited November 2011

I'm not starting anything, I'm just asking. You started it since you're offering additional discount, so I was just curious.

It was really a honest question, that's all.

• @kristal said: @danielfeng: 34 versions in total of: arch, centos, debian, fedora, opensuse, scientific, slackware, ubuntu, gentoo

Wow. How about disk & network I/O? Thanks.

• @tortau said: @kristal: Um, I got one of them and I don't see the 34 you mentioned. My list shows: CentOS 5, Debian 5, 6, Fedora 14, Gentoo 2011, Slackware 13, Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10. Each with x86/64 variants.

No Arch?

• @danielfeng I don't see Arch in my list.

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right time to do disk IO testing. For starters, ppl are migrating to the server (I subscribed to this plan via the "move from existing ovz to xen" offer) which means everyone's busy with migrating data.

For myself, in the past hour, I've upgraded from lucid -> natty -> maverick -> oneiric = 3 reboots :) plus a full system backup each round (you get 2 backup slots and I use them for rollbacks).

But if you insists:

--- . (ext3 /dev/sda1) ioping statistics ---
    1000 requests completed in 1085988.0 ms, 13 iops, 0.0 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.0/78.3/2125.2/257.0 ms

--- . (ext3 /dev/sda1) ioping statistics ---
    100 requests completed in 100439.5 ms, 181 iops, 0.7 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.2/5.5/258.3/26.3 ms

root@xxx:~# wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    2011-11-03 16:08:26 (10.7 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved [104857600/104857600]

• @VMport said: I hope you spoke to them about IP allocation before hand, they limit you to 30 IPs per server. We found that out once we had exhausted our allocation and it wasn't pretty.

It seems like he just found out this too :) As far as I know no one got their .nl vps yet :) They are waiting for IPs.

• LMFAO Wounded, i know that feeling.

• Just curious. Do datacenters limit if you own your own hardware?

I've seen limits before but we only roll out with a range of 16 addresses so this hasn't come u for us before.

• Yep. The most strict i can think of is leasweb. They limit something like 16 for a leased box from them and 32 if you have a custom config or co-locate there.

• I need to ask next time I run by the datacenter. We own our own routers and switches. I wonder if that would make a difference. I know with a rack, you get a block of 64.

• @drmike said: I need to ask next time I run by the datacenter. We own our own routers and switches. I wonder if that would make a difference. I know with a rack, you get a block of 64.

I must ask, what host do you work for? You never say :)

• You're right. I don't.

And no one else here asks all those one named reviews and commenters over on the main site to back up what they're saying.

(It's actually to protect my clients. I used to promote my company but well lets just say we had issues with a couple of competitors who email bombed clients of mine offering them "managed" hosting for less than what I charged and then I got to clean up the mess when they came back to us a few months later when they got hacked or their sites broke and they were left holding the bag.

A certain open sourced developer who also runs a large social networking site has chased a few of my larger hosted social network sites as well and well that's caused a few issues as well when we had words.)

• @Kairus said: I must ask, what host

He won't say, I think we asked many times. :D

• Look up for my reasoning.

Plus I'm not in this field. I only do shared and dedicated. Even if I were to enter the VPS market, it would never be at the LEB level as I could never make it at that price. I outsource my server management and pay per server. Would never work at those types of price points.