Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net or something ealse?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net or something ealse?

emghemgh Member

Hello,

I'm going to start selling web hosting.

I'm looking for a good provider for dedicated servers and saw Online.net.

I can't use OVH becouse i do not live in the "Allowed Countries".

Shall i go with Online, or can you suggest something better?

Comments

• emghemgh Member

Someone?

• why sell web hosting here you need to sell VPS too.

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

Starting with dedicated hosting from the start it will cost you to much. Do not forget the licenses.

I recommend to start with reseller hosting or master reseller hosting.

Good luck and keep it up!

• emghemgh Member

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    why sell web hosting here you need to sell VPS too.

For VPS you need tons of IP.
    But if i get some clients i'm sure i will intruduce VPS plans!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I recommend you don't bother if your idea of market research is to ask a forum full of twats.

• J1021J1021 Member

Nekki said: I recommend you don't bother if your idea of market research is to ask a forum full of twats.

V. sad :(

• emghemgh Member

@BuyAds said:
    Starting with dedicated hosting from the start it will cost you to much. Do not forget the licenses.

I recommend to start with reseller hosting or master reseller hosting.

Good luck and keep it up!

Yeah. But many master resellers are over 29.95 euro. And that is what i can get a dedi for.

I know cPanel costs a little bit more on a dedicated but i want to have the control.

Thanks for the comment and i will keep up!

• emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:
    I recommend you don't bother if your idea of market research is to ask a forum full of twats.

I've researched for a while and obly found good things about Online.
    But if someone knows a better thing that would be cool.

• NomadNomad Member
    edited May 2015

Do you have enough knowledge to manage a dedicated server and needy customers?
    Can you handle tickets?
    A dedicated server + cPanel licence is like at least twice an expensive reseller package. You can find cheaper plans.
    Without knowing IF you will get any customers, going for a dedicated is... Well...

Sorry I forgot, it's summer already.

(:

• emghemgh Member

@Nomad said:
    Do you have enough knowledge to manage a dedicated server and needy customers?
    Can you handle tickets?
    A dedicated server + cPanel licence is like at least twice an expensive reseller package. You can find cheaper plans.
    Without knowing IF you will get any customers, going for a dedicated is... Well...

Sorry I forgot, it's summer already.

(:

Yes i have managed a few hosting servers. And i even had my own.

• emghemgh Member

@ya_ said:
    Don't mind TinyTunnel_Tom, all his posts are useless like this...

I think your post was quite useless if you compare to any others.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said:
    But if someone knows a better thing that would be cool.

Some you have no faith in your research, or you know you only phoned it in.

• emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:
    Some you have no faith in your research, or you know you only phoned it in.

I've reaearched and contacted their support asking questions.

• WinneWinne Member

If you're looking in the same price range, you have QuickPacket, DelimiterVPS, Dacentec, Datashack, Wholesale Internet, Quadix, Leaseweb, Hetzner, Worldstream, OneProvider, Servdiscount and so on.

• emghemgh Member

@Winne said:
    If you're looking in the same price range, you have QuickPacket, DelimiterVPS, Dacentec, Datashack, Wholesale Internet, Quadix, Leaseweb, Hetzner, Worldstream, OneProvider, Servdiscount and so on.

Thanks theres 2 of them i haven't heard of. I will take a closer look. Thanns for a little bit more serious and helping comment!

• emghemgh Member

@Winne said:

Yeah. I saw Dacentec yesterday and i wondered how they could have so low prices and i sent a pre sales mail with still no answear.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@Winne said:

good list! maybe add i3D.net to it

http://www.i3d.net/deals/

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emgh said:
    I've reaearched and contacted their support asking questions.

Did you bother researching any other providers?

• emghemgh Member
    edited May 2015

@Nekki said:
    Did you bother researching any other providers?

Yes.
    But alot of them suspends you after an ddos attack. And therefore i chose to skip them.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@emgh said:
    But alot of them suspends you after an ddos attack. And therefore i chose to skip them.

All providers who not advertise DDoS protection with the product will suspend you. Maybe www.seflow.net is an option for you?

• NomadNomad Member

@emgh said:

Depending on the magnitude of the attack, OVH or Online might just as well.
    BTW, where do you live? I don't remember seeing an "allowed countries list" when I was getting my Kimsufi.

• Online.net is great it have good network and nice performance. myself I'm using it for webhosting also their automated system let you know if someone is sending spam from your server abusing etc :)

I use their Plesk licence as its nice and cheap.

• emghemgh Member
    edited May 2015

@Nomad said:

They don't allow Swedish and sweden phone number.

• emghemgh Member

@mlody1039 said:
    Online.net is great it have good network and nice performance. myself I'm using it for webhosting also their automated system let you know if someone is sending spam from your server abusing etc :)

I use their Plesk licence as its nice and cheap.

Have you ever got ddosed with them?

• emghemgh Member

@Mark_R said:

I can be null routed that's fine. Just not suspended.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited May 2015

emgh said: I'm going to start selling web hosting.

DON'T. JUST DON'T.

The world does not need another summer kiddie host that is so moron to think, renting an idiotic cheap dedicated server, could do money selling unstable shared hosting by fooling customers that they do not know from whom they are buying.
    Being a provider is not a fun game - at least for your customers. You maybe fool some of them to believe that you are capable to do it, but you aren't nothing more than an amateur that becaused he read sometimes LET, WHT and learnd how to setup a shared environment. Setting up a crappy own hosting vps, does not make you capable to sell hosting.
    Oh, all of you guys, you make me sick...

Thanked by 2vimalware cyberbob
  • emghemgh Member

@jvnadr said:

If everyone makes you sick.
    Why do you go to the forums?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

emgh said: If everyone makes you sick. Why do you go to the forums?

No, pal. You and people like you are making me sick. Because you just want to earn some bucks by setting up a kiddie host for some months and then run away. Because if you don't know what server to buy, if you are looking for the cheaper option just because you don't have a dime, if you are willing to enter into the hosting industry without having a clue about it, just because you... learned kow to setup a sever, then, you are obvious a scammer.
    Yes, scammer. Because, only a scammer would setup a hosting business, take other people's money as a "professional provider", without the minimum requirements of how and why to do it, without proper funding, without proper knowledge.
    And, I'm done from this thread. Good luck to you, or, better, good luck to your future victims...

Thanked by 1cyberbob
  • NomadNomad Member

@jvnadr said:

C'mon... Don't be so harsh. As long as it runs usually LET encourages one man shows such as GoodHosting. And now see what happened. Without failing at least once they can't learn how to not fail right? Also LET has seen examples of not just shared hosts or VPS'es but people selling dedicated servers and some "experienced" people bought and got conned as well.

We can't know he's the next summer host or the next RamNode, can we now? (:

Maybe if you're hosting only your local clients that you know face to face, it is a good choice.

Otherwise, it is a bad choice indeed. Nobody needs a new summer host.

BTW, @emgh strange, even I got in even though I don't live in a EU nation.

• WinneWinne Member

@jvnadr said:

Damn, that's escalated quickly.