Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On UptimeVPS - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

On UptimeVPS

124»

Comments

• Website is down ;)

• @sysnode said: Hey, GOOD LUCK!!

GOOD LUCK? Sounds like Ken or Ash LOL.

• @danielfeng lol (check caps + context)

@birdie25 their site? In that case I'd email them, save the date etc., so if/when they tell you 7 days past, you can have a proof you tried..

@verdan I think its either the openvz control panel, or the one you get when logging in to their client area..

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

@sysnode said: Today I got the refund from uptimevps, based on their 7 days refund.

@sysnode said: on the control panel, @ the bottom, there is a link for a refund. (sorry can not recall the exact term used, but its pretty simple once you notice ;) )

Are you nuts?! Uptimevps completely dissapeared days ago. If you would follow other threads you wouldn't post those nonsenses... There's no site, there aren't contact details, control panel is down, billing system is down and even person with latest uptimevps paypal account refuse to have anything with uptimevps debths claiming that he left company week or two ago... Stop spreading so obvious lies.

@sysnode said: In that case I'd email them, save the date etc., so if/when they tell you 7 days past, you can have a proof you tried..

But they are history! No one to contact. Before you continue to make fool from yourself I suggest you to check other uptimevps threads... They made a runner days ago! You didn't get any refund today from uptimevps simply because there's no one to refund you.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1086771&page=10

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/621/uptimevps-support-seems-to-have-disappeared/p4

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/uptimevps-e3-1gb-openvz-vps-in-scranton-france-or-germany/#comment-54380

• @Spirit I haven't followed all threads.
    Does it make me nuts? ;)
    Regarding refund timing. It took paypal about 7 days to approve their payment. (Well.. Thats what paypal said)
    Perhaps they paid me just before they went kaput?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

You said that "uptimevps today (which means yesterday) refunded you". If you would say that you won dispute through paypal I would believe you. But I don't believe you that uptimevps really refunded anyone yesterday as they don't respond to anyone atleast some week, as there's no way to contact them and they (or better him..) have no attempt to return our money.

You write in posts above like company is still alive, like billing system, control panel, etc. is still online and like they respond to support tickets - which of course isn't true. They are gone, billing system is gone.. everything is gone. If you won paypal dispute.. ok... if they refunded you 8 days or so ago... ok... but don't come here saying that they refunded you YESTERDAY. That's a lie.

• @sysnode can't tell if troll, or just really stupid

• @Spirit , @birdie25

@sysnode said: It took paypal about 7 days to approve their payment.

I guess you guys missed that part?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

@Aldryic said: I guess you guys missed that part?

This part came out later and even in this case paypal ordinary need approx 7 days to return money after client win dispute not after refund. It takes some minute if you paid from outstanding PayPal balance and up to 5 days before refund appear in CC ballance if it's paid with CC - but he said that he got yesterday refund from uptimevps. I'm still claiming, he didn't get yesterday refund from uptimevps!

• Mmm, fair enough. Only other thing I can think of is PayPal putting a transaction on hold for investigation (I've seen this happen frequently, even on refunds), so I guess we'll see what he has to say.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2011

Maybe it's just misunderstood and he won dispute or something but still strange that he's sending us to cancell service, to contact them, etc... as they don't exist anymore.

• [humor]There was an UptimeVPS? Thought they were so five seconds ago![/humor]

• @sysnode said: I haven't followed all threads. Does it make me nuts? ;) Regarding refund timing. It took paypal about 7 days to approve their payment. (Well.. Thats what paypal said) Perhaps they paid me just before they went kaput?

They (UPT) did nothing. Their account must have been suspended. It takes sometime for PayPal to decide whether to issue refund or not.

• Why wouldn't paypal issue a refund? If they don't I'll just go to my bank and issue a refund that way. That gives them way more administration costs then just refund right a way. They always advertise that they're so customer orientated.

• @ztec said: Why wouldn't paypal issue a refund? If they don't I'll just go to my bank and issue a refund that way. That gives them way more administration costs then just refund right a way. They always advertise that they're so customer orientated.

I do believe that it's part of their business model to keep the money in some cases :-)

• @Aldryic Yup. You are right. Perhaps I should have used the term "on hold". Never seen paypal does this thing before, hence wasn't not sure if the money was in the ether or in uptimevps until I noticed it was cleared on Tuesday. (paypal said it'll take 4-7 days, strange in itself..)

@Spirit I see where you are coming from re suspicions.

@vedran and @birdie25 - I didn't know you weren't able to actually log in to the control panel. Sucks!
    In that case, if you are not based in the UK, perhaps you want to note that by law uptimevps has to provide a "cooling off" period. (Usually between 7 to 14 days.) I think you can trace them via whois, and inform http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/ - perhaps they can give you some tips as to best way to get the money back.

• Nope, everything is down, control panel, client area and mails bounce back. No way to contact them, whois information is fake and it's only a couple of € for me so it's not really worth the hassle. But thanks anyway!

• @vedran Well.. Its not just the money. I guess the after taste isn't very nice.. Well, if I had a case, I'd go after them because they might reincarnate and take other people's money. Heck. Perhaps I'll spend a few mins on the phone with the trading standards ppl anyway.

• OK.. According to the trading standards guy I can not really place a personal complaint on account of receiving my money back. So I mentioned:

• Other people, perhaps non uk residents, have been fleeced a bit.
    • The company in question could reincarnate and do this again, how to stop that?
      He said that people can contact the trading standards as individuals. You'd need the address of uptimevps - which any UK based company should have in a clear way. (I didn't know about that, a good point to remember in future, I think..)
      He said that the cooling off period is not a law you can really get done for, unless proven that the company is doing repeatedly and with large sums involved..

Sorry. Not much help here. :(

• I was one of the few people foolish enough to buy the yearly plan ($40), shoulda known it's like another hostrail. *I made a claim on Paypal, but we'll see where that goes

• Hello uptimevps.co was hosted OVH Datacenter server, and it seems that server is down, same as my VPS in OVH, but my VPS in Hetzner still works...

This is last mail from UptimeVPS:

Dear Customer

We have had notification from OVH regarding the on going issue.
    For: dp66089-ovh
    Date: 2011-11-07 16:30:06

The IPMI module of ns224427.ovh.net was detected as
    defective and must be replaced and reconfigured
    by our team. To perform this intervention,
    it will be necessary to cut service to your server.

This module is necessary to restart your server hardware
    as well as the KVM over IP option.
    Until this is repaired, you
    cannot reinstall your server.

Without response from you, the intervention will be
    performed within 10 days of sending this
    mail.

If you want more details on the intervention report,
    please contact our technical support.

• Finally they are gone with the money

Check this site
    http://trackingdownuptimevps.org

• tuxtux Member
    edited November 2011

de10 is down, permanently, I think.

• A default installation of proxmox is now up at there old solusvm control panel page :P

• @VMPort how intersting... wonder what will happen

Also, the de1 node is still up and I can still ssh in