Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want know how i can i know the people is not using my vpn for crime
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I want know how i can i know the people is not using my vpn for crime

hello every one
please help me i created new website site for free vpn and installed sothether vpn on my server is working fine and its thanks to all your people help me ...next
I want know how i can i know the people is not using my free vpn for crime

thank you

Comments

• comXyzcomXyz Member

Ask them kindly, they will tell you the truth.

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

tariqthaqeeq said: next I want know how i can i know the people is not using my free vpn for crime

Monitor the VPN logs?

• comxyz . i asked sothether vpn website but no reply

• nekki thank you but i m very new can u please give me detail like screen shote where i can see vpn log

thank you

• NekkiNekki Veteran

tariqthaqeeq said: nekki thank you but i m very new can u please give me detail like screen shote where i can see vpn log

No.

• ok then at lest tell me where i can find this option nekki

thank you

• NekkiNekki Veteran

tariqthaqeeq said: k then at lest tell me where i can find this option nekki

No.

• ok thank you for your help nekki

• NekkiNekki Veteran

tariqthaqeeq said: ok thank you for your help nekki

Np.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • is there any one can help me please

• rds100rds100 Member

Your VPN will be used for crime. Stop it now. If you don't know how to do this properly, better don't do it at all.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

tariqthaqeeq said: is there any one can help me please

No.

rds100 said: Your VPN will be used for crime. Stop it now. If you don't know how to do this properly, better don't do it at all.

Yes.

• rokokrokok Member

All VPN purpose is for crime activity, better stop running VPN business.

• thank you @rds 100 said i already stop my vpn

• rokok but there is lot off free vpn provider like vpnbook and vpngate

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

It is funny and scaring the same time how people like tariqthaqeeq are willing to be providers of any kind, without a single clue about how to run things...

Thanked by 2Mark_R tariqthaqeeq
  • who is doing the business

• ehabehab Member

i have this say this since tariq maybe understands it better :D

الباب الذي تأتي منه الريح .. اغلقه واستريح

means

Close the door from which the wind blows and relax

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • jvnadr . i started think to create free vpn when so many site blocked in country by gov

so endup creating it but now i don't know will people miss use my vpn....

• ehab you r very right

• How about not having a website and distributing different VPN keys/passwords/config to people you know personally, and have something to tie a different external IP to each user to make handling DMCA/abuse reports easier?

Failing that you could capture all traffic you think might be open to abuse, notifying your users in advance of course! This should allow you to link traffic to an internal IP address, and then a user. Something like "tcpdump -ni tun0 -w out.pcap", with -C to split the files up for easier searching?

Thanked by 1tariqthaqeeq
  • If you monitor your users, then the VPN is no longer private. It will be broken. It looks to me like you have a lot of reading to do. :) There are commercial VPN services which are not very expensive and quite good. You may want to suggest those to others instead of trying to offer such a service yourself at this point.

Thanked by 1tariqthaqeeq
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

tariqthaqeeq said: i started think to create free vpn when so many site blocked in country by gov

If you are not absolutelly sure about the users of your service, don't do it. Especially if your government disallow it. You can be exposed to a high possibility be charged for illegal activities, even if you didn't anything wrong.
    If you want to give people access to support freedom os speech (witch I applaud it, if you have the guts to do it), then, make sure that you will take all measures that will protect you, like:

• Order and run the server from a country that will not "give" you to your country's authorities.
    • If you live in the country that blocks sites, do not rent the server with your details. Use for signup a firend that lives in a more free country.
    • Or, reduce usage only to trusted friends without a website to handle it, as @linuxthefish said.
      If anybody use your server for criminal activities in any place of the world, then, you may be charged for those activities and face sentence!
  • nitro85nitro85 Member
    edited May 2015

Being raided for hacking or CP is not a fun story

It can give you trouble and expenses for years to come from a single insignificant event, nothing more than a log or IP report

Ask William and its Tor node
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/6283/raided-for-running-a-tor-exit-accepting-donations-for-legal-expenses

Don't use your identity on these things

This is a very wrong type of criminalization, typical nonsense shit from XXI century, and its flaws can be exploited and lead to very powerful and easy kinds of sabotage

• WilliamWilliam Member

Don't use your identity on these things

That, as bad as it sounds - If you run a VPN provider or Tor (exit) it's by now best to rent something anonymously and "abuse" it (see PerfectPrivacy), else you need much money behind it (to pay lawyers) and incorporate (plus move to) somewhere where nobody gives much sh*t (or where it's at least hard to get court orders/owner data, Dubai, Seychelles, Panama, Belize...).

For Tor exit you can get around by being a non-profit org in some countries (Germany, no liability at all, see ZwiebelFreunde), but as VPN provider you need payment processing/accounting/signup and gain liability for user activities (even if limited only, as you have SOME sort of customer data unlike with Tor).

A large corp with law enforcement contacts like FSecure can afford to run on a non-anonymous server base but unlike an anonymous provider they are an easy subject to force taps (Incorporated in US/EU, Forced to cooperate or close down etc.)

Thanked by 1tariqthaqeeq
  • thank you nitro85, jvnadr, linuxthefish
    i just close all my server thank you for ur advise now i know why vpn business is so profitable

thank you

;(

• William thank you well i m free vpn provider like vpnbook

• but i think is very hard a student like me to doo some think this big

• well i m happy i installed sothether on vps then after 4 , 5 i create web site for it . i m happy that in 1month i have so many user

• but to today i close my small project