Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you know of anybody who actually had their Dacentec RTO server shipped? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you know of anybody who actually had their Dacentec RTO server shipped?

2»

Comments

• @doughmanes said:
    PM sent as dacentec requested, no reply.

To be honest if how you treat them here is any indication of how you have ever treated them in a support ticket I wouldn't be surprised if they ignored you and just terminate the contract.

@talsit said:
    Wow, PM sent on Sunday night to a low end provider and you want to bitch about no response sent? That has got to be the one of the most valid complaints I have ever seen!

Yup, that's all I can say... Yup.

Thanked by 1earl
  • I have a server from Dacentec RTO in my loft. Haven't used it in ages as it is old but yes, I received mine for a shipping fee a few years back.

• MattKCMattKC Member
    edited May 2015

Funny, I had no problem getting my RTO server shipped a few weeks ago. Paid the $50 they require for pulling/boxing the server, ordered the shipping on ups.com using the address at the bottom of every page on their site (which I confirmed was correct via the order ticket by asking "is this the correct address). Server shipped two days earlier than scheduled so I even saved some since ups charges for scheduled pickups (sched pickup was just over $5 for this shipment).

Perhaps it's the way you approached them or there is more to the story than is being presented. You refuse to provide proof their building is for sale (we'll ignore the fact they have been publically discussing the need for more space...although that's likely where your "informant" thinks they have secret info from). Companies buy/sell buildings all the time. Needs change, as do markets. Larger facilities are in demand.

• Their facility is decently sized but I could see where they might eventually run out of space for selling all of these servers they do. (I work literally 10 minutes away, live 30 minutes away from the DC)

I've never had any trouble out of them and they are all nice up there in the DC.

• IThinkUFailed said: To be honest if how you treat them here is any indication of how you have ever treated them in a support ticket I wouldn't be surprised if they ignored you and just terminate the contract.

Doesn't justify theft of money and termination of an agreement as all my tickets to them were about their incompetence on processing a credit card. How many summerhosts can process a credit card without an issue but the idea of blame Paypal, Paypal blames them and the issue is ignored with no attempt at resolution. If credit card processing doesn't work, take it off your website. Simple.

Funny how all of you folks scream about laws and legalities, including that US providers have to deal with EU crap/regulations, but this is perfectly OK. I think you failed in your logic on this.

This would not be legal in anywhere else and was curious if anybody experienced this.

• RizRiz Member

I think you're the incompetent one.

Thanked by 1catalystium
  • You're entitled to your opinion but you just look like the fanboy crowd around here when the new offer comes out, disregard any previous history of the company, because that $20 is just too tempting.

• @doughmanes said:
    You're entitled to your opinion but you just look like the fanboy crowd around here when the new offer comes out, disregard any previous history of the company, because that $20 is just too tempting.

Seems like you are the only one here that has issues, everyone else seems to have gotten their RTO server.

• PwnerPwner Member

Seriously OP, you make the post asking if anyone has gotten their RTO servers and a lot of satisfied people have replied. Yet here you are lashing back on all of them and continuing to trash the company while they're offering to make amends with you. If you want a solution, quit being childish and talk to them. They've already reached out to you (as we saw in another post), it's all on your end now whether you want to finally settle this.

Thanked by 2catalystium Riz
  • Pwner said: Yet here you are lashing back on all of them and continuing to trash the company while they're offering to make amends with you.

Do you guys realize that some companies just hire a guy to post on social media who just coordinates between the company and online communities? It's not like the owner of the company or anybody who could do anything. I asked for resolution, have no response and with the response from a few people I've received about these servers being unrackable wouldn't had helped me transferring it between locations.

How hard is it to provide an address when you were asked for it? However the general consensus around here is "well duh, just look it up" when a "company" with an "address" can operate out of a physical office not in the DC. So I'm going to waste time shipping boxes and doing all this work when a simple WHMCS macro of "shipping info to customer" works in these kinds of situations?

On here, it's very easy to discern between those who have worked in the hosting industry and opinionated customers.

• Why not call them up or email them?

Also address on bottom of every page, its their DC address not an office address.

• lazytlazyt Member

Lol I wonder how many new customers Dacentec has gained thanks to the OPs responses in this thread?

• So in a sales department ticket, providing an address to complete an agreement is a completely unreasonable request?

• Plus note this was quite awhile ago before the site update when they just had a HostBill layout for their webpage so please stop trying to compare current to previous. Otherwise, fanboy on!

• Even before the site update, they had a wiki with all the information on it..

Thanked by 1Riz
  • JonchunJonchun Member

@doughmanes said:
    Plus note this was quite awhile ago before the site update when they just had a HostBill layout for their webpage so please stop trying to compare current to previous. Otherwise, fanboy on!

No one here is fanboying. Yes, they may have made a mistake. That was long ago. It's clearly an isolated incident as not a single other person reported having issues like yours. They've offered to remedy the situation. All you have to do is contact them. If you still can't get it fixed, come back in a week and THEN you might have a valid complaint. Posting on here repeatedly crying "All I wanted was an address" isn't going to do you any good. Try working things out with them as offered first, then tell us how "unreasonable" they are.

• @doughmanes said:
    This would not be legal in anywhere else and was curious if anybody experienced this.

If you continually bashed them and called them incompetent then I'm not surprised you were terminated.

Good job @dacentec on terminating this guy. He continually bashes you and calls you guys incompetent by his own admission. This user doesn't deserve to work with you at all...

This discussion has been closed.