Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPv6 rDNS via API - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPv6 rDNS via API

2»

Comments

• @rds100 said:

Gmail will whack your MTA with an "Invalid IPv6 rDNS" NDR after you have been live for a couple of months.

There goes Gmail for all of your users!

• @Zappie said:

Who is the RIPE maintainer for Hurricane Electric?

• rds100rds100 Member

wuzamarine said: Gmail will whack your MTA with an "Invalid IPv6 rDNS" NDR after you have been live for a couple of months.

>

Put

precedence ::ffff:0:0/96  100

In /etc/gai.conf
    And your problem with gmail is solved.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Hetzner has an API to set rDNS with. No clue if it works for IPv6

• @rds100 said:

There is no gai.conf on my system
    I am on FreeSBD10
    How would that work?

• @Clouvider said:
    If you are looking for a provider that delegates IPv6 to your own NS wuzamarine we can help you out. We can even arrange for a PI subnet from RIPE if you have such needs and are willing to pay RIPE fees.

You can then go ahead with gbshouse, they have a great Anycast DNS platform, to manage your reverse DNS for IPv6 via their API.

Let me know if I can help.

PM me. I would be very interested in finding ways to unplug from vultr because I am trapped due to an API feature. I like having options, redundancy and even better is lowering overhead.

• WilliamWilliam Member

I can give you a free /48 PA, you just need an ISP willing to announce it. Delegated to Rage4 or whatever NS you provide.

• WilliamWilliam Member

@wuzamarine said:
    forgive me partner, I read the apnic rDNS manual and I appear to of missed that trick. How do you get RIPE to point directly to your NS on not your ISP?

That explains the process, it is fairly the same on all RIRs - /32 is by default delegated to your DNS by RIPE and you forward the queries for smaller networks to either a result (== your NS) or another NS (== customer) - It can also be delegated at RIPE directly on /48 or larger with a DOMAIN object (just like IPv4 /24 or larger).

https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/dns/reverse-dns

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited May 2015

@wuzamarine said:
    There is no gai.conf on my system I am on FreeSBD10 How would that work?

I am not a FreeBSD guy, but Google suggests "ip6addrctl"