Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Long Does It Take To Answering Ticket in Normal ETA? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How Long Does It Take To Answering Ticket in Normal ETA?

Comments

• TrafficTraffic Member

@ATHK said:
    goodhosting 4 months

And counting, as I can see...

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Our company keeps maximum of 60 mins (1hr) response time for weekdays. Weekends and general holidays it can take up to 3 hours. But we do actively monitor our network so most of the networks issues solved in no time.

But in rare cases, we had about 20hr response time (mostly legal department)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2015

MeanServers said: I tend to agree, on the other hand, certain clients can be very anxious and keep replying to the tickets or even opening new ones if they don't get a reply right away

Those people need to be paying for managed service then.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Ha Ha... I don't think so. Our cheapest plan is $1.99 and most people keep asking lower price via chat.

AnthonySmith said: Those people need to be paying for managed service then.

• J1021J1021 Member

@sdglhm said:
    Ha Ha... I don't think so. Our cheapest plan is $1.99 and most people keep asking lower price via chat.

Including yourself?

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/37503/is-there-any-temporary-free-vps-providers#latest

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • DennisDDennisD Member
    edited May 2015

I rather wait 12/24/48 hours to get a decent reply that actually helps me than a reply within 10 minutes that doesn't help me at all. Quality over quantity?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Awmusic12635 said: Tickets shouldn't take long to respond to. 10 minutes or less is pretty easy to achieve from a provider end.

That's crazy optimistic for a typical LEB provider who's charging you $2 a month or something. I'd expect 24 hours.

I don't think I consistently got 10 minutes even from WiredTree or KnownHost. Sometimes, though getting a ticket answered (expertly) within 20-30 minutes was perfectly fine with me.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • kcaj said: Including yourself?

Oh. Seems like you were busy. Yes. I don't feel like paying much for a 2 hour job. So Yes. But hosting your server for a long term is not something like 2 hour task. :p (BTW: All my server was running out of space and needed one to rsync stored data on that server. But at the end of the day, I've purchased a kimsufi server for one month. [That VPS I've mentioned was like total shit])

Thanked by 1MikePT
    • Best < 30 minutes
    • Good < 4-6 Hours
    • Normal 6-24 hours
    • Not good - 24 - 36 hours
    • bad - 48+ hours
    Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

KwiceroLTD said: I've found any colocrossing shell company I don't even get replies on weekends, rarely on weekdays.

All ColoCrossing support tickets are answered 24/7 within 30 minutes, and usually in less than 5 minutes.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • telephonetelephone Member
    edited May 2015

Awmusic12635 said: Tickets shouldn't take long to respond to. 10 minutes or less is pretty easy to achieve from a provider end.

Really? So when you owned Fliphost, what excuse did you use for taking >10 minutes to answer tickets?

Thanked by 2yomero Jonchun
  • For instance with us anything over 15 minutes is unacceptable.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jbiloh said:
    All ColoCrossing support tickets are answered 24/7 within 30 minutes, and usually in less than 5 minutes.

That is entirely true.

• sinsin Member
    edited May 2015

@mimin said:
    I have found a few provider. And in my experiences there are two times where i get a reply for more than 48 hours. And all provider has written something like "The AMAZING 24/7/365 Dedicated Support Team" on their About Page, or Sales Page on thread.

I wonder, for how long does it take for a normal/good/best provider to reply a ticket ?

Datashack responds to my server tickets in around 5 minutes, for the cloud instances I have at Quadranet Infracloud they usually respond to my tickets in between 2 to 10 minutes.

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member
    edited May 2015

I really hate talking to Sales. E.g. (real life example) there's that perfect company, the provided servers are awesome, they've got good reviews, they're really promptly (even on weekends!) and friendly answering technical tickets, they offer your preferred locations...

...and then you open up a sales ticket and almost 3 days later there's still not a single reply or hint, even though the question isn't that hard to answer.

I never know what's appropriate in such situations. Ditch the hoster, although they're offering really good services, and buy somewhere else? Bumping the ticket? PMing a responsible person on LET? <jk>Opening up a thread on LowEndDrama?</jk>

• lazytlazyt Member

I hate the "auto responder" types of answers. I want a valid response not a We're looking into it. Or it should be working now answer.

How fast the problem is fixed is what I look at.

• foxezfoxez Member
    edited May 2015

Useully takes 10-45 minutes from my experience with @Nick_A (RamNode) they are the best! <3

• vpssamyvpssamy Member

when a provider ded or vps give no answer in 1-3 hours - forget it! The excuse weekend or holiday bored!

• vpssamyvpssamy Member

and don't forget : the internet NEVER sleeps (only some provider)

vpssamy said: when a provider ded or vps give no answer in 1-3 hours - forget it! The excuse weekend or holiday bored!

Which dedi providers do you use?

• vpssamyvpssamy Member

after some time: the cheapest and the best

vpssamy said: after some time: the cheapest and the best

So which dedi hosts do you use that give you a <1 hour response 365, 24/7?

• vpssamyvpssamy Member

i will tell you sure, but now i'm busy - but yes - 1-3 hours and best support of cheap basis is possible - here (in germany) in the netherlands - in us and canada..

vpssamy said: i will tell you sure, but now i'm busy - but yes - 1-3 hours and best support of cheap basis is possible - here (in germany) in the netherlands - in us and canada..

It would have taken less time to name a few than to write that.....

Thanked by 2gestiondbi Pwner
  • Our current overall average response since WHMCS was setup just over 2 years ago is a tad over 7 hours as an average response. Some times its quicker, sometimes its longer. It just depends on the time of day and the complexity of the task that needs to be done.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@vpssamy said:
    i will tell you sure, but now i'm busy - but yes - 1-3 hours and best support of cheap basis is possible - here (in germany) in the netherlands - in us and canada..

It must be really hard to please you as a LET customer.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Here it varies.
    Normally, within 2 hours.
    If it is an emergency, we are either not answering because sent already explanation to everyone affected and working on it or we fix it fast enough such an approach not to be warranted (minutes, tens of minutes) and we reply after only to people which asked and did not know to read on our forum.

In special cases, such as billing issues like payments which can be only checked by billing, it may take much longer, same with issues of low importance (like stuck expunging in iwstack, billing issues which can be fixed later or only by salvatore), but he does work in weekend, so it is faster.
    There are also tickets not worth a reply or which were not closed for some time after the customer said thank you, for example, which drags down the overall score, but the big majority of the tickets are answered withing 2 hours.

There are exceptions, we had quite a few cases of tickets "orphaned", which were in course of being solved by someone and the others did not touch it, and that person which chatted with the customer and did a custom thing or something forgot about it or assigned it to someone else to further the issue and got lost in the next pages. This is why we do not mind if people bump them, albeit we are taking steps to reduce these occurrences, it still happens.

• Well,

DataShack has put useful replies within the first 15-20 minutes (pretty much any time i have ticketted them, which 80% of the time is around 3am for them). With remote hands been completed within 30 minutes after that. Absolutely wonderful service especially since it's seen as a budget provider.

Dacentec's support has been around the same, although they tend to be a bit slower with Remote Hands, but anything solvable just by tickets and a few clicks of a mouse on their end is done relitively fast.

Quadranet on the other hand is usually in the 4-6hr reply windows, where a fairly simple
    unrack and store, then rack new server took nearly 15 hours IIRC (During business hours)

Incero is great, usually around 10 minute replies, with useful information or resolution from that, and with timeframe updates etc, and Remote Hands done within an Hour.

So, there is a mix there of Budget, Mid-Range and High End Providers there, as you can see there is some variations. Only when there is a major issue happening does 10 minutes feel like 10 hours.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • Looking at my old tickets from different companies.

DigitalOcean - 2 tickets 38 minutes and 9 minutes
    Vultr - 2 tickets 6 minutes and 4 minutes.
    Wable - 2 tickets 0 minutes and 1 hour 44 minutes. (The 0 was they created a ticket asking if I needed any help with account setup since I didn't yet respond the the initial email. My mail server has postgrey on it so all email is delayed 10 minutes, and I don't think I got back to it right away either.

All of them gave me proper responses and not some canned answer.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • mimin said: I have found a few provider. And in my experiences there are two times where i get a reply for more than 48 hours. And all provider has written something like "The AMAZING 24/7/365 Dedicated Support Team" on their About Page, or Sales Page on thread.

I wonder, for how long does it take for a normal/good/best provider to reply a ticket ?

For support tickets I would say < 20-30 minutes. For phone support I wouldn't want to be waiting on the line for more than a minute if the provider is advertising 24x7 support. Anyway, did you try calling your provider?