Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM nightmare
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM nightmare

If any one is considering BlueVM, think again, STAY AWAY FROM THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE, I bought two VPS from them, one I canceled, but the other one has still 1.5 year left, but the problem is, in the half a year since I got the server it's not working.

I've been monitoring the service using external services (http://uptimerobot.com) and in this time, 21% of the time the VPS was up.

I wrote to them a couple of times most of the times I don't get a response, this past month (April, 2015) the server was up 4% of the time.

It's been 180 hours since last was up for ~50 hours, and before that it didn't work for a week or two.

I asked for a refund but my ticket was closed without any explanation.

It's like the people who work there don't understand a thing, the VPS can't start and they are asking for VNC login details, I mean cmon at least learn how things work before you are thinking you respond.

Thanked by 2lucast Droidzone

Comments

• comXyzcomXyz Member
    edited May 2015

I'm not surprised at all.

• Remember that movie Groundhog Day? .....

• BlueVM working is about as realistic as that walking phoenix movie

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Ive heard some neutral to bad reviews about BlueVM lately. It seems like a lot of people still go with them.

• Jono20201Jono20201 Member
    edited May 2015

Something I've never understood with BlueVM is they invested so much time into Feathur, which would make you think they're interested in growing the business, however they only seem to get negative comments.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • Feathur has a lot of bad reviews, too.

What is a host company without support?

If you can not do your job, at least send the money back to the client.

This is one of the reasons I do not like to pay yearly.

Good luck! I hope BlueVM can try to make the correct thing.

• ilijamtilijamt Member

They can use something different, Proxmox VE is free, oVirt is also good but only supports KVM, I've used both of them even in production environment with hundreds of VMs and they just work, there are always issues, but they can be resolved.

• I once had a very good experience with them, for more than two years, until about half a year ago...

My oldest server there had the worst end, it got down for almost 2 months, during which I update the ticket every few days and got only "we're working on it" answers, nothing worked, though. And besides, my ticket got closed without any notice/reply two times.

I still have few servers with them and thank god I didn't use them for any serious propose. The only important server was the above one and I just had a automatic backup one day before it dead, don't know if this is some kind of luck...

Conclusion: leave BlueVM and take backups of important things, no matter which provider you're using.

• Feathur was such a nice project... And I thought it was going to replace solusVM... What a shame.

• GVH vs BlueVM?

• comXyzcomXyz Member

AstroProfundis said: "we're working on it"

Maybe you misunderstood, they said they're going to close your tickets.

• joereidjoereid Member

@dlaxotn2 said:
    GVH vs BlueVM?

My GVH server always worked as advertised...

I'm actually getting replies to my BlueVM ticket about my 2 servers being down since easter. Unfortunately after about 10 back and forth messages, I'm getting nowhere. Feathur is constantly having mysql connection problems. And it just doesn't seem to be controlling my VMs. And support just doesn't seem to get that fact and are constantly telling me to reboot or change boot order. Very frustrating. Especially when I have to wait a few days for another helpful comment from support.

• What do you expect from a $20/year VPS?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2015

AndreiGhesi said: What do you expect from a $20/year VPS?

That is not cheap around here so it is fair to say expecting more than 4% up time is reasonable.

This thread is pointless though, BlueVM has been on ghost ship status for about a year now, it was on ghost ship status for about 6 months before that as well with the brief 2 week period in between where they promised the whole community they were back and things would get fixed.

Thanked by 3ATHK FrankZ jvnadr
  • ilijamtilijamt Member

I payed 70$ for mine it's KVM not an OpenVZ one, so I expect better support, I don't bother them too much, but I do expect them to honor their 99% SLA, it's more like 0% SLA, give us your money, we will just squander it.

• joereidjoereid Member

@AndreiGhesi said:
    What do you expect from a $20/year VPS?

$9.99/yr ;)

And I expect it to function. I don't expect great performance or fast support, but being down for a month is unacceptable at any price point.

• ilijamtilijamt Member
    edited May 2015

@joereid said:

Lucky you, you payed 10$, I paid x7 and I get very little for the money, basically I donated them, I would feel better if I donated them to charity instead of them, at least I would feel a little piece, with BlueVM I just get angry.

• hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

@ilijamt said:
    Lucky you, you payed 10$, I paid x7 and I get very little for the money, basically I donated them, I would feel better if I donated them to charity instead of them, at least I would feel a little piece, with BlueVM I just get angry.

don't get angry, its not worth it. file a paypal dispute, if paid with visa, file charge back. and move on to a provider that can cater to your needs. ( this is assuming that all your attempts to the host to resolve the issue has failed. and that the data stored on your vm is no longer a concern, because vm deletion after dispute/chargeback may happen)

• I just got an invoice from BlueVM to renew one of my VPS' that hasn't been up in who knows how long and I can't even access Feathur to try to reboot it. I'm amazed they've stayed in business for this long and especially all the customers (like me) that won't be renewing because they can't keep their servers online.

• @AndreiGhesi said:
    What do you expect from a $20/year VPS?

I expect what is in the Offer.

99% uptime.
    Reply the support tickets.

Things like that.

It has NO relation with PRICE.
    The company sole a product for a PRICE. He paid. Where is the product?

In some countries people who do this kind of 'thing' go to the prision. I thought the laws in USA were better.

Strange but my old signature is not there anymore. Maybe one specific MOD could explain why...

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • You definitely can get a very good uptime, product and support for very less money. My 7$ VPSDime VPS got an uptime of 120 days now (would be much longer if I hadn't rebooted it), is a nice VPS and the support is.. Like VPSDime's support is :)

• FritzFritz Veteran

joereid said: @AndreiGhesi said: What do you expect from a $20/year VPS?

$9.99/yr ;)

And I expect it to function. I don't expect great performance or fast support, but being down for a month is unacceptable at any price point.

Mine is $27/year and has been running good for almost 2 year.
    Too bad now it goes to cest pit. 1 month downtime here.

• ATHKATHK Member

@nexusrain said:
    You definitely can get a very good uptime, product and support for very less money. My 7$ VPSDime VPS got an uptime of 120 days now (would be much longer if I hadn't rebooted it), is a nice VPS and the support is.. Like VPSDime's support is :)

+1 VPSDime.

• saggysaggy Member

I can't believe I paid BlueVM for 2+ months for 0% uptime for qty 5 VPS of both KVM and openVZ type!!! I opened 16+ tickets in hope and all I got was lies and promises.

I am crazy.

• noisycatcatnoisycatcat Member
    edited May 2015

To be fair, the "new administration" seems to be trying to get things fixed.

In the recent months, support has gone down the drain, VPS went offline, Feathur was not responding to my responses to boot up/restart the VPS. Till a week ago or so, my ticket was suddenly replied to stating that new administration has been put in place.

Thus, I opened a new ticket dated 04/24/2015, mentioning that multiple of my VPS are down (5/8). Out of the 5 VPS that were down, all were separate nodes except for 2 of them. S24, S18, S20, S24, S19 (all KVM) to be exact. The S24 node seemed to be offline as I'm unable to access the host node - http://s24.ny.bluevm.com/.

However, within the next 4 days on 04/28/2015, Jake replied stating that they have rebooted all VPS mentioned.

Another issue I'm experiencing right now, is that Feathur is still not responding to me, it's not booting or rebooting VPS as i'm required to remount the ISO on the S19 node, and i'll then have to reboot it of course.

Someone posted a screenshot of his ticket response in the other BlueVM thread here, they seem to be getting rid of Feathur. Let's just hope the migration will resolve all control panel issues as my VPS are already up except 2 of them which went down for unknown reasons.

Another note to add, all KVMs in the above screenshot costs a mere $9.99/year so i'm not requesting for much support and uptime, but they have been working well until the 1 or 2 months ago.

• saggysaggy Member

I agree they have been working well until 2 months ago. I too opened new tickets ( was asked to). They say Ishaq has left. I am upset because I lost all my data from all 5 VPS even though they were on different hosts and different types 'due to previous admin who they cant get hold of'.

I really hope new management does something quickly. i have boatload of work to do. can't buy new VPS since i have invested in yearly payments etc.

• ilijamtilijamt Member

@hbjlee17 said:
    don't get angry, its not worth it. file a paypal dispute, if paid with visa, file charge back. and move on to a provider that can cater to your needs. ( this is assuming that all your attempts to the host to resolve the issue has failed. and that the data stored on your vm is no longer a concern, because vm deletion after dispute/chargeback may happen)

I don't care about the data, I can always reinstall, it was used just as a failover server, in case the primary goes offline, so nothing critical, but still.

As for PayPal dispute, I filed but I'm not optimistic it was long time ago, I don't think they will refund.

• You guys are dreaming, there is NO "new management", it's same Justin always.

• JordanJordan Member
    edited May 2015

@toirdaprr said:
    You guys are dreaming, there is NO "new management", it's same Justin always.

As an ex-support staffer for BlueVM and someone still very close to the people there, I can assure you that there is new management. There's a lot of unanswered tickets and stuff to fix so don't expect to suddenly observe a completely changed service.

• J0rd4n said: ex-support

And still with BlueVM signature .