Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostBill vs. WHMCS - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostBill vs. WHMCS

Comments

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Hostbill is kid.

• EricLimaBEricLimaB Member
    edited January 2013

HostBill has nice GUI and all that, but it fails on its purpose and something doesn't fit in my needs.(As of my experience)

Conclusion: WHMCS.

• We have WHMCS with our projects and seems good, Only a few miner issues but as expected from any system, Although I have seen some nice stuff on hostbill I think its still in its early stages for example just wondering about it I thought Ill send them a email a few months ago, And then found out you need to buy a product with them just to inquire about the product, So that put me off but either way its not been fully tested its seems like WHMCS early stages when they first made it, Hents the no monthly payments options.

• Our custom dashboard is almost due for BETA release <3

• Yeah - looked at HostBill once from a developer perspective on a client requirement.

Where WHMCS, Blesta, etc. are all happy to give you a dev license and docs, HostBill is a dead end unless you shell out $400.

The UI is pretty, but IMHO with cpanel.net basically owning a large stake in WHMCS it's got long term support/and a highly trusted/viable company behind it. I wouldn't be surprised if cpanel increases their stake and ends up buying WHMCS out at some point in the future.

So, although HostBill has nice eye candy, I'd say for such a system WHMCS is still the best option if you value longevity.

• Does anyone have a Hostbill license that they will sell?

• To be clear I was looking at WHCMS but found that the features in Hostbill are more of an advantage in my situation. I will need to try both in order to really come to a decision for myself.

• I just buy owned license of HostBill but unfortunately HB doesn't work with new version of Proxmox, sadly the Ticket support take more than 1 week w/o any solution. Compare to WHMCS which a mature product and answer ticket in same day.

Hope HB can solve this issue soon, at least answer Ticket in same day.

• I'd go with Hostbill, WHMCS has (and had) too many security issues. It's a billing panel, for **** sakes, it shouldn't have so many holes in it.

• @vld i don't think hostbill is much more trustworty in this regard. In fact i don't think anything with closed source should be considered trustworthy.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Why are you all saying you need to spend $400 to try it out? @NickO offers monthly license for $10 so just get a VPS and license at under $20 and test it out...
    Personally I like it a lot I will stick with WHMCS on ShoveHost but BetterVPS will run on HostBill...

• Didn't @NickO say hostbill threw out his contract and he can no longer offer these?

Well I have one right now?

• I think that HostBill business model is wrong.... otherwise its shiny piece of software :)

• @shovenose I think existing licenses are fine, however he cannot provision any more.

• @unused @shovenose it was tossed but existing licenses not effected.

Oh, that's a shame :( why? I guess I got lucky got in right at the end.

• It is a shame, no free trial, no monthly license.. I did notice they offer the "30 day money back guarantee"

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited February 2013

Kris or whoever is the manager needs to fix up really, HostBill management is really odd.

@krs360 said: It is a shame, no free trial, no monthly license.. I did notice they offer the "30 day money back guarantee"

Yes and did you notice the part after it?

Refunds will be only issued for failure caused by Software before one full month of usage has passed, once technical staff determine what caused the aforementioned failure. Refunds are not issued for software misuse, server failure or for installation on unsupported servers.

• @Patrick I hadn't read it in great detail to be honest, just remember seeing it on their website at one point or another. Makes it a little less attractive then if the refund is based around software failure.. makes this

"30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Turned out that HostBill wont suit your business model? Don't worry - within 30 days of purchase you can contact us and receive full refund of your license.
    Money Back Guarantee applies to new clients and license cost only."

A bit mis-leading on their order page.

• Yeah, unfortunately the Host Bill pricing/support/management is bullshit.

Compare to WHMCS, which has its issues, now backed by cPanel.net at least partially - who are you going to trust your business to?

• @unused said: Compare to WHMCS, which has its issues, now backed by cPanel.net at least partially - who are you going to trust your business to?

I can honestly see WHMCS improving now since there new feature request system and a lot of planned features already.

http://requests.whmcs.com/responses/ideas/status/popular#page1

• I'll confirm that @NickO has said in another thread that he can't issue more monthly licenses. I am pretty sure they pulled the license for all monthly issuers as I've asked around and can't find anyone else that can issue them. This came up because I was thinking I needed a second license for testing.

Its a shame and makes no sense to me why a company will cut off a source of income.

• @rds100 I would prefer open source as well, but I haven't seen the features I need and I don't have time or resources to add to existing projects.

AgileBill, FreeSide? Any others worth mentioning?

@rds100 said: i don't think hostbill is much more trustworty in this regard. In fact i don't think anything with closed source should be considered trustworthy.

• Can someone confirm that WHMCS monthly licenses support owned addons?

• @jbxl - I can. They do support owned addons.

• @marcm Thanks.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Many providers here use WHMCS. At the right time, using HostBill will be something different, I think.

• Hostbill branded license price increase ... again:

http://forum.hostbillapp.com/showthread.php?9532-License-price-increase

That's fucking stupid. They are losing business because they can't decide their business plan.