Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who are millionaires/billionaires in the webhosting market - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who are millionaires/billionaires in the webhosting market

2»

Comments

• @linuxthefish 100%

or even sz1hosting

• click4easyclick4easy Member
    edited April 2015

@ricardo. In your way of estimation, what could be ramnode's revenue. Just curious! @Nick_A

• @ricardo

It would have to be a company who only offers one product line (EG. only lowendbox). WI mean we have many customers...some bring in $1.50/month, some $20/month, others $500/month.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited April 2015

@OnraHost said:
    ricardo

It would have to be a company who only offers one product line (EG. only lowendbox). WI mean we have many customers...some bring in $1.50/month, some $20/month, others $500/month.

I'm sure you can safely assume that the majority of your customers will be lower-end based on the fact that you spend a lot of time here and have a fair amount of offers/activity in the requests area. If the majority of your customers were $20/month or $500/month, you wouldn't be doing that. So averaging it to something like $5-10/month per customer will be a good rough estimate. His strategy wasn't to get an exact number. It was a rough estimate.

That was your case in particular. (and of course, I could be completely wrong on my guess) It will vary for other hosts, but you should be able to take a guess at the "average product" just by looking around at where a company advertises/markets itself.

• I just posted a simple line of thought, there are lots of caveats but if you're reasonably close with 'average revenue per customer' then you can make a decent judgement.

what could be ramnode's revenue. Just curious

No idea. I don't follow the LET market closely, I'm their customer not their analyst :) Judging by the good reviews they get, they must have in the region of 10-20K customers, paying roughly ~$20 year.

You know, a company could make $250K revenue and spend $200K on costs, but their company could still be valued at over a million. A larger company could half those costs easily.

There will surely be a couple of hosts here that aren't far off a million dollar valuation of their company, though obviously a paper millionaire is different to a million in the bank.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @MarkTurner

I'm sure yomura is ballin'

• BruceBruce Member

@Jonchun said:
    you can safely assume that the majority of your customers will be lower-end based on the fact that you spend a lot of time here

harsh :D

• BruceBruce Member

@nexmark said:
    MarkTurner

I'm sure yomura is ballin'

just a minion! (check his sig) anyway, if he was minted he wouldn't be on LET.

taking lessons from @Jonchun on being harsh ;)

• OnraHostOnraHost Member
    edited April 2015

@Jonchun Sadly your assumption is 120% the wrong way. Though I do want to give you Kudos for not being an ass, and admitting you could be wrong. I definitely respect that. I've only just come to LET recently, and rarely post here. I spend most of my time on WHT if anything, while only coming to LET to get my daily LOL's at all the drama hehe.

In fact LEB is maybe only 10% of our business... and thats being super generous. Checking now we really post ad's compared to other. Most post every 14 days on the dot, we tend to take much longer. . In all I would definitely agree for somebody like RamNode or something where most products fit into one category/price point.

P.S. If our average was $5-10/month per customer, I would definitely be using a primary PayPal Micro account and saving a shit ton of money ;)

As to a company being worth vs an individual owner/CEO. A company's worth can mean nothing in terms of actual cash flow. Amazon hasn't shown a damn penny of profit in decades, but their stock keeps growing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @Nexmark - no such luck for me, maybe if this company actually does its IPO then it will be a different situation.

• @Bruce said:
    harsh :D

It wasn't meant to be harsh/arrogant. I have no problem freely admitting my current customer base is roughly the same ($5-10 plans). If you're browsing the requests forum on LET and making special offers, you're obviously not running a business that has a majority of "$500/month" users... Unless you're just crazy, it makes no sense to be doing so.

• BruceBruce Member

@Jonchun said:
    It wasn't meant to be harsh/arrogant.

was a big smiley face after my comment ;)

• @OnraHost said:
    P.S. If our average was $5-10/month per customer, I would definitely be using a primary PayPal Micro account and saving a shit ton of money ;)

Touche. Of course, I have no way of knowing what type of PP account you guys use :P

Jonchun Sadly your assumption is 120% the wrong way. Though I do want to give you Kudos for not being an ass, and admitting you could be wrong. I definitely respect that. I've only just come to LET recently, and rarely post here. I spend most of my time on WHT if anything, while only coming to LET to get my daily LOL's at all the drama hehe.

Ha. My assumptions were based on your LET activity alone (hell, I didn't even bother going through your history. I just went off the fact that I've seen you post a couple times). I didn't bother checking WHT or other places. My point still stands though that if someone does a little research, they would have arrived at a better conclusion.

In fact LEB is maybe only 10% of our business... and thats being super generous. Checking now we really post ad's compared to other. Most post every 14 days on the dot, we tend to take much longer. . In all I would definitely agree for somebody like RamNode or something where most products fit into one category/price point.

Agreed about RamNode. Out of curiosity, do you post every 7 days on the dot (3 days? if you're corporate) on WHT?

@Bruce said:
    was a big smiley face after my comment ;)

Missed it :P

• @Jonchun

I guess the difference would be, I browse around and post to show a company face and reply in my free time. As some of my closer friends here, and in the industry know, I run three other companies outside of the IT sector. Onra Host actually being the smallest at this time. The other three are pretty self-sufficient in growing at this point without my constant need, plus bringing in some good passive income.

That allowed me to really start focusing on growing Onra last year, after two years of leaving it mostly to the small team we had in place (who did a pretty good job I must say). However there is no employee you can hire that will have the same dedication a Owner has ;) Hence why you now see me browsing here and WHT a lot more recently. Plus a company face is always a plus in the online industry!

On WHT, we actually do post every three days with a corp. membership. In my time studying it, it's 100 worth the money. If you use upgrades like Highlight and bold, then its a must-have! The exposure from WHT is still better then anywhere else (even though some people would hate to admit it) in terms of web hosting forums/potential customers.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • Funny always WHT and LET....... lol

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited April 2015

@click4easy It's not a 99.9% accurate method, however: Check the longest lasting allocated IP ranges, perhaps even through multiple companies ownership, tracing them back to one one single owner of them all. The man who owns the biggest used IP space should be the wealthiest and the most powerful one in the hosting business, using the money earned from the hosting business itself.

• @rmlhhd said:
    linuxthefish

Get rich quick!