Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSDBlaze Review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSDBlaze Review

2»

Comments

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

@Jonchun

Sorry 2 weeks is 2 years to you. I guess I better pull up the exact millisecond of the provisioning and purchase.

• @SSDBlaze Oh and the way you act help me realize my previous comment is 100% correct.

• @SSDBlaze said:
    I guess reviews are a bad thing. Hosts, start providing shitty services so this doesn't happen. Great idea boys

You're starting to sound like a kid playing Call of Duty now... Reviews are bad if they look fake. It's not that hard to comprehend.

Sorry 2 weeks is 2 years to you. I guess I better pull up the exact millisecond of the provisioning and purchase.

I never asked for the exact millisecond of purchase. However, I'm not going to go around claiming my company is 10 years old because "there's no reason to pull up the exact millisecond of company being founded".

I understand that you want to exaggerate how long you've been in business, but please don't get defensive when you get called out on it.

edited April 2015

@Jonchun
    I never even did that. You came at me first haha.

Don't be jealous I can get a review, because that exactly what it looks like ;)

• At least he didnt put his website on the same server as his clients and discuss the resulting mess on WHT

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited April 2015

@Seriously2015 said:
    At least he didnt put his website on the same server as his clients and discuss the resulting mess on WHT

Who did that?

edit: If you're trying to imply that I did, there was an issue where someone went through my DNS records and started ddosing all the subdomains. Yes, some clients were on the main IP of the shared server.

Anyways, you seem to know an awful lot about my previous DDoS situation. You sure you weren't the one targeting me? Surely you're not wasting your time digging through old posts just to win a catfight on LET.

@Jonchun said:
    Who did that?

Yeah, Im confused as well..

• @SSDBlaze said:
    Yeah, Im confused as well..

See my edit. I think he just has something against me. Gotta love how he hides in anonymity making asinine statements.

• NomadNomad Member

Oh boy...

Summer is coming!
    That aside, this doesn't count a review. I, one with no hosting offers on my signature, think it really does smell fishy when someone registers just to post a review about a newly founded company.

But then again, what do I know?
    It might be sincere as well.

Also, @Piglet, I wouldn't suggest anything to my family before throughly testing for a long time. Not especially it's a new service where most doesn't even know about it. Not if it's for recommending to my family.

Also, when you write review more than an opinion is usually expected. Like at least test results...

• PigletPiglet Member
    edited April 2015

@Nomad said:
    Also, Piglet, I wouldn't suggest anything to my family before throughly testing for a long time. Not especially it's a new service where most doesn't even know about it. Not if it's for recommending to my family.

I didn't suggest it, I purchased it for them. I wasn't too afraid of it being a new service as I'm quite advanced in Linux and don't usually need help with that side of things. If for some reason it is offline, my fault or theirs they seem to have it fixed within the hour. I purchased my own first as I didn't want my family to lose work. I agree, my original post looks extremely fishy, I apologize for that, and for creating this extremely large thread. Definitely not my intention. My intention was to come back to where I looked for a host and to post my findings hoping to help others on their search.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

HOST WARS!

Thanked by 2sambling ATHK
  • @Nekki said:
    HOST WARS!

Start a TV show

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Jonchun said:
    Start a TV show

It'll be in the style of political debates:

'Well I put it to you, Sir, that your nodes are all slabbed and your mother is a dirty whore!'

Thanked by 2linuxthefish adxn
  • @Nekki said:

"I'll have you know that I host over 1700 vms now. Please don't even talk to me if you haven't broken 1000"

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

Jonchun said: Start a TV show

At History 18

• @Piglet said:
    I'd just like to clear some things up. First I've been with SSDBlaze for a month and two weeks. I was unaware of the rule it had to be 2 months, apologies for that. I currently have 2 VPS' for family members who wanted to test and host a website, apologies for being a family man. My other VPS is to work on private designs in a hosted environment and to show the client when I'm finished. I'd be more than happy to show the moderators that I am truthfully a client. Glad to see everyone take a stab at a company as soon as they have a good review!

Its not about people taking a stab at the company (Well I am not and dont really care about doing that) its more down to the fact that your review, sign up time and everything else screams "Host just signed up, host just posted amazing review of own provider", something thats not cool and people frown on. It is easy for everyone here to jump to the conclusion that its a fake, and in all honesty it does look like its a paid, compensated or just out right fake review of the company because its just so general. You could write the same for nearly any host and it would apply.

@SSDBlaze said:
    Jonchun

Well maybe you should if you cant tell the difference between 1 and two months. 1 months 2 weeks is no where near the same as 2 months, while its only 2 or so weeks difference, its not the same.

@SNetworks1

That's so funny though, because if ramnode would've gotten a review like that on here, it would be an opposite outcome.

• @SSDBlaze said:
    SNetworks1

That's so funny though, because if ramnode would've gotten a review like that on here, it would be an opposite outcome.

Quite probably. The difference is they have built up a strong reliable reputation, whereas you are not at all well known. Once you build up a good reputation you will get a bit more slack when it comes to reviews that look fishy.

@SNetworks1 said:
    Quite probably. The difference is they have built up a strong reliable reputation, whereas you are not at all well known. Once you build up a good reputation you will get a bit more slack when it comes to reviews that look fishy.

Very true. I just can't believe the negativity a simple review pulled.

I hope to be more reputable by the time I get another review. However, I cannot control that.

• @SSDBlaze said:
    I hope to be more reputable by the time I get another review. However, I cannot control that.

Reviews build reputation, along with word of mouth and such, but a review like this showed no meat to what they were saying, and had holes in the story and inconsistency between what you said and they said. A good review will be honest and say whats good and bad, and back it up with something, so if they said they had great ticket response times, show that in the review so people can go "Yeah, thats right, they must be good" instead of this where the OP has more or less said you were great, and had registered the same day. That just screams "FAKE" and "HOST POST".

@SNetworks1 said:
    Reviews build reputation, along with word of mouth and such, but a review like this showed no meat to what they were saying, and had holes in the story and inconsistency between what you said and they said. A good review will be honest and say whats good and bad, and back it up with something, so if they said they had great ticket response times, show that in the review so people can go "Yeah, thats right, they must be good" instead of this where the OP has more or less said you were great, and had registered the same day. That just screams "FAKE" and "HOST POST".

I understand what you're saying.

The whole timing of it all was just odd. I can see how some people found it suspicious.

• Jonchun said: Hate them or not, it was a domain special they had. I don't mind using them as a registrar. I fully plan to transfer out to namecheap/namesilo eventually.

Namecheap is probably as good as it gets. They are somewhat connected to eNom if I am not mistaken. If you're not going to sell domains, might I suggest considering Google Domains?

Jonchun said: Host my stuff at RN or DF? Sure why not? I support them completely. I trust their services enough (as do many other people on here) to be hosting my main website. Do I have backup strategies in place? Of course! Will I ever need it? Knowing RamNode, I doubt it.

RN is definitely a reputable company, also thank you for your comment about DF.

Jonchun said: My apologies for not being able to afford IP allocations, manage hardware at multiple locations, etc. Not everyone in the business can afford to run their own DC and spent $100k+ on SOC2 and SOC3 audits like you want. I never claimed to do any of the above, so I'm not sure what your issue is.

You don't have to own your own DC. Eventually you will end up with Rack/Cage space where you have most of your business. It all starts with one server, it's how most of us started anyway!

Jonchun said: What I do, is host services using servers/vps from hosts that have a proven track record. What does this accomplish? I can run a business without spending millions on infrastructure. I can provide a reliable service without having to worry about physical hardware, hardware failure costs, etc. I can feel confident that my clients are receiving what they paid for, and not have to worry about downtime issues that are all so common on low end hardware. I can go on, but hopefully you get the point.

Not a bad strategy :-)