Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSDBlaze Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSDBlaze Review

Hello everyone!

I wanted to post a review for SSDBlaze as I've had a tremendous experience with their hosting. I currently have 3 VPS' with them and haven't had any downtime, I use two of them for websites and one is for developing websites on. I rarely have an issue but when I do I can expect a response within the hour! The CEO, Noah is extremely nice and I couldn't ask for anything better! I highly suggest you use them if you're looking for a VPS! Here is a link to their website if you're interested in using them.

Comments

• J1021J1021 Member

Review Opinion

Thanked by 4Nomad MikePT ATHK cassa
  • earlearl Member

A review like this actually makes the provider look bad!!

Nice to know you just signed up today to post this..

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • ATHKATHK Member

Piglets gonna get made into some pork scratchings by the mods.

Thanked by 1earl
  • Private Whois, Using ASmallOrange for their main site, review that contains no useful information...

Welp. Looks like we know who to avoid.

Also, the domain was registered on
    Creation Date: 2015-03-06T02:26:48Z

That means at the very maximum, assuming they somehow had their services fully operational and functioning the day they registered the domain, you would have had under 2 months of "experience" with them...

Taking into consideration the spam from ssdblaze that is plastered over every thread in the requests section, I'm going to say this is a shill or compensated review.

• Would be interested in some sort of proof that you have any services with them.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Reviews

Customer posting a review about a provider must be willing to provide proof of being/having been a customer there within two months of posting the review. In addition to that, any support tickets related to the case at hand should be shared in case the customer still has access to those.

A violation of this rule could result in a temporary ban. Bad reviews will be moved to the "off-topic" section where community moderation will render the review useless.

Just a refresher of the rules for OP.

Thanked by 1Piglet
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Indeed. @OP, report to the Mods and show them a sort of proof that you're their customer.

• Isn't it the responsibility of forum members to flag the post and for moderators to ask for the info rather than other providers? Obviously there are concerns and they are probably best addressed by those with the ban hammer. Just my 2 cents

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

@Jonchun said:
    Private Whois, Using ASmallOrange for their main site, review that contains no useful information...

Welp. Looks like we know who to avoid.

Also, the domain was registered on
    Creation Date: 2015-03-06T02:26:48Z

That means at the very maximum, assuming they somehow had their services fully operational and functioning the day they registered the domain, you would have had under 2 months of "experience" with them...

Taking into consideration the spam from ssdblaze that is plastered over every thread in the requests section, I'm going to say this is a shill or compensated review.

You're funny.

2 months service correct.

You spam just as much so I wouldn't be talking buddy.

Thanks for the review @Piglet

We appreciate hosting your websites :)

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited April 2015

@SSDBlaze said:
    2 months service correct.

1. It wouldn't even be 2 months. I hasn't been 2 months since you REGISTERED THE DOMAIN.
    2. Why are you hiding behind whois privacy? What is there to hide about your business? And... you're using an EIG host... on a shared plan... for your main business website?
    3. Are you saying that you registered your domain and launched your business all on the same day? That's pretty impressive I'd say.

@SSDBlaze said:

I wasn't aware that I was spamming offers on LET. If you (or someone else) could kindly point out posts where I spammed offers without reading requirements, please let me know so I can flag it for moderator deletion.

@Jonchun said:
    I wasn't aware that I was spamming offers on LET. If you (or someone else) could kindly point out posts where I spammed offers without reading requirements, please let me know so I can flag it for moderator deletion.

Ill go ahead and flag them now.

I launched 5 - 10 days after it was purchased.

Customer bought shortly after open.

Whois proxy I marked to change to public a few days ago so please be patient.

Guys, what Jonchun is saying is that if you have shared hosting, trash it cause its not good.

• @SSDBlaze said:
    Ill go ahead and flag them now.

Please post the links here as well or PM them to me, as I would like to know so I can contribute more to the community without spamming.

I launched 5 - 10 days after it was purchased.

So you launched 10 days after. March 16? That means as of today, the customer will have been a client for a month and a little over a week. That's not exactly my definition of 2 months.

Whois proxy I marked to change to public a few days ago so please be patient.

Definitely private as of today. Whois privacy does not take that long to update. You either didn't mark it a few days ago, or you have the slowest registrar on the planet.

Guys, what Jonchun is saying is that if you have shared hosting, trash it cause its not good.

Not saying it's trash. I'm questioning your decision to host the most critical part of your business on shared hosting at EIG (well known for taking sites hostage or having terrible service overall), without DDoS protection, and advertising on LET which is well known for people randomly DDoSing your sites.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Jonchun said:

Not saying it's trash. I'm questioning your decision to host the most critical part of your business on shared hosting at EIG (well known for taking sites hostage or having terrible service overall), without DDoS protection, and advertising on LET which is well known for people randomly DDoSing your sites.

Nice Opinion.

They've provided great service with 3 minutes downtime over past 2 months.

Im sorry you care so much about how long my customers have been with me.

Ill PM you.

Oh, your not saying its trash? Okay, he means that your sites are not as important as business sites so you can stay with shared hosting. Thanks for clearing that up.

• @SSDBlaze said:
    Nice Opinion.

It's not an opinion. You can look up EIG yourself. ASO seems to still be the best of the bunch, but you never know.

Im sorry you care so much about how long my customers have been with me.

I could care less. What matters is when a person reviews glowingly and says they've "rarely had to submit tickets" or "had no downtime", it doesn't really say much if they've barely been with you for over a month. Anybody in his basement could provide that. What matters is consistent service over a period of time.

Ill PM you.

I'll be waiting for it.

Oh, your not saying its trash? Okay, he means that your sites are not as important as business sites so you can stay with shared hosting. Thanks for clearing that up.

I literally have no idea what you're saying here.

• @jonchun Just out of curiosity- does Pepperdine have an equity position with SharkNode or are you just using their campus mailbox for your godaddy domain registration?

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited April 2015

@Seriously2015 said:
    jonchun Just out of curiosity- does Pepperdine have an equity position with SharkNode or are you just using their campus mailbox for your godaddy domain registration?

Using a campus mailbox, as they provide forwarding for students/alums. While yes, a physical location would be optimal, I'm using the campus mailbox for now as I see no reason to change it. I've already made sure to check against the LA dba/business rules, and they have nothing against it. Only rules against PO boxes.

Still, you bring up a good point. People may assume equity when they look up the address. I'll invest into a separate physical address soon.

• Seriously2015Seriously2015 Member
    edited April 2015

@jonchun -

Finally is your knowledge of EIG/ASO based on experience that can be documented in past year or what you read from signature spammers at WHT? Seems they have millions of customers across their brand but the most vocal critics are at WHT and own their own companies.

See how easy it is to question many things?

• PigletPiglet Member
    edited April 2015

I'd just like to clear some things up. First I've been with SSDBlaze for a month and two weeks. I was unaware of the rule it had to be 2 months, apologies for that. I currently have 2 VPS' for family members who wanted to test and host a website, apologies for being a family man. My other VPS is to work on private designs in a hosted environment and to show the client when I'm finished. I'd be more than happy to show the moderators that I am truthfully a client. Glad to see everyone take a stab at a company as soon as they have a good review!

• @Seriously2015 said:
    jonchun - so based on your phone number- are you in Indonesia? or is your company in the US based on your address? If in US are you current with IRS and Calif Dept of Revenue? If not in the US- why are you obfuscating the origin of your company?

Finally is your knowledge of EIG/ASO based on experience that can be documented in past year or what you read from signature spammers at WHT? Seems they have millions of customers across their brand but the most vocal critics are at WHT and own their own companies. So perhaps you could clarify your true personal experiences on what makes them bad and why godaddy is better for your DNS?

How does my phone number imply I'm in Indonesia?

Yes, I am current with the IRS. Why would you assume I'm not? I'm not obfuscating anything. I simply didn't wish to use a residential address for a business. The only reasonable thing you could imply is that I'm a student or alum. Which would be correct.

My experiences with EIG are personal, and from more than one year ago. However, a bad experience from a year ago is still enough for me to never recommend them again.

Seems they have millions of customers across their brand but the most vocal critics are at WHT and own their own companies.

They also have millions of dollars to obtain those customers. The most vocal critics are the ones who know better. The ones who have dealt with unhappy customers from EIG who are transferring over. Of course they're going to be the loudest voice. They need to be.

why godaddy is better for your DNS?

I use cloudflare for DNS. I'm not sure why you think I'm using GoDaddy DNS.

Yes, it's easy when you're making bad assumptions and "trying to be cool". Still, it's even easier to answer the questions, which there should be no problem doing.

I was unaware of the rule it had to be 2 months,

There is no such rule.

Glad to see everyone take a stab at a company as soon as they have a good review!

When a company gets a review as fishy as yours, it's going to raise suspicions. You should have provided more details from the beginning if you didn't want people to be questioning its authenticity.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • PigletPiglet Member
    edited April 2015

@Jonchun said:
    When a company gets a review as fishy as yours, it's going to raise suspicions. You should have provided more details from the beginning if you didn't want people to be questioning its authenticity.

Indeed I probably should have been more precise from the beginning. Although many of what was said had no relation to my original post, that is why I made that remark. Including your post about their hosting for their website, if you're going to dis a company about something that has nothing to do with the original post do so privately not in a positive review. Even one that seems to be a fishy one.

@Piglet said:
    Indeed I probably should have been more precise from the beginning. Although many of what was said had no relation to my original post, that is why I made that remark. Including your post about their hosting for their website, if you're going to dis a company about something that has nothing to do with the original post do so privately not in a positive review. Even one that seems to be a fishy one.

It's just weird how you found this forum yesterday and posted a review about a company who's really new in the market. I'm sure you get what I mean, right? :P

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited April 2015

@Piglet said:

You have to take into account the context and setting. It's a very new host name, with private whois details, on EIG shared hosting. Sure, as someone mentioned, EIG might not be as bad as their reputation, but you have to know your market. How can you possibly be trying to sell products while using EIG to WHT/LET, when the viewerbase of those websites mostly hate EIG? It just doesn't make sense. You also wrote a review without mentioning time, with the owner of the company then lying about how long you've been a customer. Just a lot of things had no details and were very similar to a poor shilling attempt.

@MrGeneral said:

Yeap. I mean, who the heck signs up to LET just to post a review? Especially one as undetailed and sloppy as this one. That type of behavior is generally more apt for WHT.

Edit: And for the record,

OP still has not found a single post for me after accusing me of spamming.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Many companies do things that don't make sense. Like go on to WHT and discuss their DDOS attack - even though it wouldn't alter the outcome. Or host their server at RamNode or DigitalFyre when they are offering competing services. Yep, companies are prone to do interesting things. And where is the difference between hosting main site on a 3.50 vps with no support vs. a shared account with support? And clients do strange things too like sign up with dorm room businesses.

By the way I apologize for the DNS comment you are registered at godaddy (even though most of the viewers on WHT/LET hate them)

• No, I never did lie about how long I've been a customer. You must have read something wrong. I do understand the context of your comment. I'll be honest though, the only reason I'm truthfully annoyed about your post is that you happen to have a signature with a host in it, therefor showing me you're just bashing for popularity. Of course I could be wrong however that is the feeling I get from your posts.

@MrGeneral said:
    It's just weird how you found this forum yesterday and posted a review about a company who's really new in the market. I'm sure you get what I mean, right? :P

I completely get what you mean, I understand why people would feel it's a faulty review. However I've looked at this forum before to find a hosting provider and never signed up. I decided to sign up and post about the great experience I received from them. I do thank you all for your concerns about the authenticity of the review and completely understand where you are coming from.

Thanked by 1MikePT

Piglet said: I completely get what you mean, I understand why people would feel it's a faulty review. However I've looked at this forum before to find a hosting provider and never signed up. I decided to sign up and post about the great experience I received from them. I do thank you all for your concerns about the authenticity of the review and completely understand where you are coming from.

I'm glad you understand. @Jonchun isn't trying to promote his signature, nor do I am. We're simply trying to figure out the authenticity of your post. Many people signup here to post reviews while they're not even clients, but simply spammers from the company or even staff members. We try to keep this place clean and get doubtful with people in similar cases to yours.

• @Seriously2015 said:
    Many companies do things that don't make sense. Like go on to WHT and discuss their DDOS attack - even though it wouldn't alter the outcome. Or host their server at RamNode or DigitalFyre when they are offering competing services. Yep, companies are prone to do interesting things. And where is the difference between hosting main site on a 3.50 vps with no support vs. a shared account with support? And clients do strange things too like sign up with dorm room businesses.

By the way I apologize for the DNS comment you are registered at godaddy (even though most of the viewers on WHT/LET hate them)

Hate them or not, it was a domain special they had. I don't mind using them as a registrar. I fully plan to transfer out to namecheap/namesilo eventually.

Host my stuff at RN or DF? Sure why not? I support them completely. I trust their services enough (as do many other people on here) to be hosting my main website. Do I have backup strategies in place? Of course! Will I ever need it? Knowing RamNode, I doubt it.

My apologies for not being able to afford IP allocations, manage hardware at multiple locations, etc. Not everyone in the business can afford to run their own DC and spent $100k+ on SOC2 and SOC3 audits like you want. I never claimed to do any of the above, so I'm not sure what your issue is. What I do, is host services using servers/vps from hosts that have a proven track record. What does this accomplish? I can run a business without spending millions on infrastructure. I can provide a reliable service without having to worry about physical hardware, hardware failure costs, etc. I can feel confident that my clients are receiving what they paid for, and not have to worry about downtime issues that are all so common on low end hardware. I can go on, but hopefully you get the point.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • JonchunJonchun Member
    edited April 2015

@Piglet said:
    No, I never did lie about how long I've been a customer. You must have read something wrong. I do understand the context of your comment. I'll be honest though, the only reason I'm truthfully annoyed about your post is that you happen to have a signature with a host in it, therefor showing me you're just bashing for popularity. Of course I could be wrong however that is the feeling I get from your posts.

Read my post again. I stated that the owner of the company lied about it.

It clearly hasn't been 2 months. In fact, it's closer to 1 month than 2 months.

As for signature spamming, I can remove it if it's bothering you that much. I didn't even think about my signature until now. (I don't pay attention to sigs on this forum much)

• Oh thanks @Piglet

I'm not going to buy anything from providers have reviews like that

Thanked by 2Jonchun namhuy

@comXyz said:
    Oh thanks Piglet

I'm not going to buy anything from providers have reviews like that

Okay :)

I guess reviews are a bad thing. Hosts, start providing shitty services so this doesn't happen. Great idea boys