Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$12,000.00 USD in DDR3-1600 ECC REG RAM - Pictures - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$12,000.00 USD in DDR3-1600 ECC REG RAM - Pictures

2»

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Chris, this post is great for RAM addicteds such as myself! :P

Pretty good packaging as well!

Thanked by 1ItsChrisG
  • @deadbeef said:
    What's your opinion about those who do DDoS attacks?

I know that this question wasnt directed at me but i just have to say that whoever is doing it shoots himself in the foot aswel.

It could be someone doing it out of pure entertainment or a competitor that tries to take out the other providers around, either way the person launching those attacks will drain alot of his own money by doing so, specially if the attacks are raw UDP power and not exploitive like SYN.

• @tr1cky said:
    Your problem if you can't deal with DDoS.

Well people love DDOS like you always say that.

@ItsChrisG you won't be alone bro, wait for me, I guess around 30 minutes. I usually unplug the network cable or push the power button in this case.

Thanked by 1ItsChrisG
  • comXyz said: you won't be alone bro, wait for me, I guess around 30 minutes. I usually unplug the network cable or push the power button in this case.

I usually just have a ddos-protected IP infront of my servers, BuyVM for VPS and do GRE tunnel, you can't go wrong.

• @KwiceroLTD said:
    I usually just have a ddos-protected IP infront of my servers, BuyVM for VPS and do GRE tunnel, you can't go wrong.

I meant I will unplug network cable or push the power button of my desktop to not see what's happening. Let the kids happy bro

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Haters be jealous.

I mean, who wouldn't be? Haha

Thanked by 2yomero KwiceroLTD
  • @tr1cky said:

weren't you the kiddie who openly admitted to ddosing people?

• @Jonchun said:

You must mistake me. Weren't you the person too dumb to use x4b?

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited April 2015

First, thanks @ItsChrisG. Not everyone had 100+ GB of RAM in his hands or in front of his eyes, so it's a nice gesture from you anyway.

As for the packaging I'm also bewildered. No, actually RAM does not always come in plastic trays (1 per RAM stick). I've seen RAM coming in "multitray" (Pardon my english), i.e. In trays for e.g. 24 or so sticks.
    But those bubble-wrapped sticks look strange to me.

Again, thanks.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

As long as it works, I guess the wrapping is just eh

• @tr1cky said:
    You must mistake me. Weren't you the person too dumb to use x4b?

I was the one who was unhappy with their services, yes. I'm happy to note that I have resolved my issues by leaving x4b and their support team for a much more professional outfit at RamNode. Setup a GRE, got it to work with cPanel/WHM fine. The DDoS protection has been working great so far, with only one minor blip which was resolved within an hour.

And yeap, looks like you're the one on LET going around DDoSing people.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/949800/#Comment_949800
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/949755/#Comment_949755

• Jonchun said: And yeap, looks like you're the one on LET going around DDoSing people.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/949800/#Comment_949800

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/949755/#Comment_949755

Yep, that was me, attacking my own server. And I asked the provider if I have the permission to do so. Now get over your stupidity.

• @tr1cky said:

I'm not going to waste my time looking through all your posts. But you're stated before that you've DDoS'd others.

• Hey guys if you have 10Gbps DDOS protection, I will DDOS you at 50Gbps to help improve your services

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@comXyz ah, the nature works like that. Animals match themself to the surroundings.

And humans are basically animals and quite intelligent so, it could work.

• @tr1cky said:

Well, stress-testing your own server is allowed typically, as long as you're authorized. I personally don't have an issue with someone testing their own server security, etc. matter of fact I recommend it, so your server is secure and stable. Attacking anything you're not authorized to I do not support what-so-ever.

@comXyz said:
    Hey guys if you have 10Gbps DDOS protection, I will DDOS you at 50Gbps to help improve your services

Since @tr1cky is speaking of booters, here's all that came to mind.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

KuJoe said: Also if you don't have time to wait to order gloves, another neat trick I learned was to put bandaids on your fingertips before you do the install. The bandaids will get torn to shreds but at least it's not your fingers.

Iron Palm training...not just for Shaolin monks anymore. Sysadmins need it, too.

• @raindog308 said:

For the first minute or so, I thought I was watching a guy with autism stirring a pot of rocks and pretending to be a chef...