Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Dedicated Server Option Would You Choose?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which Dedicated Server Option Would You Choose?

edited April 2015 in Help

I'm deciding between these two options and I need to know that my site would load up faster than a mofo out of these two options.

These options fall below my budget.

Which is better? Which would you pick and why?

A:

HostGator Dedicated Server:
Intel Xeon Quad Core 2.5GHz (8 threads)
250 Mbps Uplink
4 GB RAM
1,000 GB RAID-1 Drives
15 TB Bandwidth
3 Dedicated IPs

Package total       $0.00   $219.00 monthly

B:
Cedero Dedicated Server
Xeon Quad Core E3-1270v3 3.5 Ghz $141.75
8 GB DDR3-1600 ECC SDRAM
First Hard Drive: 256GB Samsung SSD $3.75
20 TB Bandwidth
100 Mbps Uplink Port Speed
4 IPs (Included)
CentOS 6.5 - 64 Bit
cPanel - Unlimited Domain License $22.50
eVault Managed Backup - 20 GB $15.00
Basic Server Monitor
Facility: DC Dallas [DFW1]
Package total $0.00 $183.00 monthly

Comments

• Go to the offers section, there are many better servers at better price.

Thanked by 1Rapta
  • Okay but which of these options results and a faster load speed on a regular business website with a blog?

• @comXyz said:
    Go to the offers section, there are many better servers at better price.

Thank you btw.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Probably the E3-1270

Thanked by 1inboundmastery
  • @agoldenberg said:
    Probably the E3-1270

Thank you AGoldenBerg

• RizRiz Member

You may want to focus more about where your audience is rather than that the server. I see you're reaching for a large online market. Sure, the E3 will perform better and faster but, there are a lot more factors when it comes to having a site load faster..

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

E3-1270

• @Riz said:
    You may want to focus more about where your audience is rather than that the server. I see you're reaching for a large online market. Sure, the E3 will perform better and faster but, there are a lot more factors when it comes to having a site load faster..

I agree Riz.

The site will focus primarily on US markets and with a little biased towards major Texas cities.

@comXyz I've also looked at the offers but I somehow feel better working with a local Austin, TX company than peeps I've never really heard of, you know?

• @SSDBlaze said:
    E3-1270

Thanks SSDBlaze. Do you think that the E3-1270 is a good deal at that price?

• RizRiz Member
    edited April 2015

Look at SoftLayer then if your budget provides and you would like to stay in TX. They will be your premium provider down there.

It'll be worth finding someone who can optimize specifically for your needs rather than spending the excess money each month on resources you don't need.

Its a decent deal, but there are better deals out there. Like Riz said, checkout some more providers :)

• No, it's not good deal IMO. And agree with @Riz, SoftLayer (IBM) is better.

• Avoid Hostgator at all cost

Thanked by 1jaypeesmith

@Clancoms said:
    Avoid Hostgator at all cost

I don't use them, but what is your reason?

• Because its cool in forums to bash eig and hostgator rather than offering alternatives that are thoughtful and not signature spam

• earlearl Member

That's just ridiculous.. posting crap like that makes me feel you work for Cedero!! regardless on how you try to pass it off.

• @earl said:
    That's just ridiculous.. posting crap like that makes me feel you work for Cedero!! regardless on how you try to pass it off.

Who me? I don't use HostGator and am talking to SoftLayer now.

• earlearl Member

Yeah.. I'm talking to you.. it seems you made quite the effort to list the all the options for Cedero while basically being very brief with the Hostgator offer. What's up with that!

• @inboundmastery talk to @Incero - their Dallas location is great, as is Seattle. http://www.incero.com/

• Decided to go with SoftLayer. Thanks everyone! :)

• earlearl Member

Whatever dude!!

Tell your boss to stop being cheap and pay for advertising like all the other respectable hosts on LET.

Doing crap like this makes you look like a two bit operation! Which I'm sure Cedero is not!

• @earl I am very certain that if he worked for codero he would spell the name correctly. Stop bashing the op

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@Seriously2015 said:
    earl I am very certain that if he worked for codero he would spell the name correctly. Stop bashing the op

And who are you exactly in your previous live on LET?

• @inboundmastery what kind of server and price did you get?

• Seriously2015Seriously2015 Member
    edited April 2015

@earl because i have an opinion you think i was here before. Paranoid much?

• @earl said:

Seriously2014

• Seriously2013 as well?

• earlearl Member

@Seriously2015 said:
    earl because i have an opinion you think i was here before. Paranoid much?

My schizophrenia pills are running low, so I have to make due.. but your user name seems to suggests it's disposable.. couldn't find anyone by the name of Seriously2014. Just thought I'd ask as you seem pretty familiar around LET considering your new and all.

• @earl some people lurk a long time before posting. Seems familiarization breeds contempt

• earlearl Member

@Seriously2015 said:
    earl some people lurk a long time before posting. Seems familiarization breeds contempt

The only thing familiarization breeds is that you were here before!!