Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drama: liberation of hostrail, 32mb.club and BudgetGeek telecoms
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Drama: liberation of hostrail, 32mb.club and BudgetGeek telecoms

Dear drama lovers I just got a email

Dear Tom Glass
Many thanks for using BudgetGeek Services – I am writing you this email to let you know about the upcoming changes to BudgetGeek Services that you must be aware about – First, let me introduce ourselves, we’re MyServerPlanet Ltd, a company within the United Kingdom,  we are a success business that has grown with time, registered in 2014.

We are pleased to announce that “BudgetGeek LTD” is transferring all services to MyServerPlanet Ltd – of which we can offer you, dedicated 24x7 support through our highly skilled technical department, our on site staff are here to help you much more with your questions and queries. 
What about my data?
MyServerPlanet Ltd – is keeping all active servers open for now, and they’ll be no planned move just yet – so you don’t have to worry about moving your data, nor trying to find a new web host.

If you wish to move your account yourself, you are able to, of which we can confirm account ownership please visit myserverplanet.com/register.php
Many thanks for your co-operation 
Nick
MyServerPlanet Ltd

Love you @MSPNick

Finally <3

Thanked by 1IceCream

Comments

• Can we still get the cheap packages then? :3

• Not sure if should be excited, or worried about "BudgetGeeks LTD" (old) owners next project.

• @KwiceroLTD said:
    Not sure if should be excited, or worried about "BudgetGeeks LTD" (old) owners next project.

Worried

• Great news indeed. I have just started using @MSPNick's services but I can tell you they are top notch - as well as his support.

Thanked by 1MSPNick
  • @IceCream said:
    Can we still get the cheap packages then? :3

yes they'll be there, and we're doing away with this 2.5% CPU usage thing that Matt's put on..

@KwiceroLTD said:
    Not sure if should be excited, or worried about "BudgetGeeks LTD" (old) owners next

project.

I can't wait to see too!

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited April 2015

Why is anybody bothering to rescue these services from Matt? Who wants clients stupid enough to sign up with Matt?

What happened to the CloudCommando involvement? Did Alex find his brain after already having made the decision and then make a U-turn?

Let that ship sink.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited April 2015

@kcaj said:
    What happened to the CloudCommando involvement?

Yeah, in this thread @0xdragon claimed he was taking them...

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/50289/so-i-was-an-idiot-and-got-a-vps-what-can-i-do-with-it/p1

Well, I guess I'll have to wait for tomorrow's Wall Street Journal to get the real story.

Edit: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/50370/cloudcommando-to-take-over-hostrail#latest

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @kcaj said:
    Why is anybody bothering to rescue these services from Matt? Who wants clients stupid enough to sign up with Matt?

What happened to the CloudCommando involvement? Did Alex find his brain after already having made the decision and then make a U-turn?

Let that ship sink.

Credit to @MSPNick he wants better for people who signed onto matt Morgan.

• J1021J1021 Member

@raindog308 said:
    Well, I guess I'll have to wait for tomorrow's Wall Street Journal to get the real story.

He's shrugging it off as a hoax now. Pretty extensive hoax if so, complete with links to his client area and his own admissions.

I take it @MSPNick went to the same school of grammar as @mtwiscool.

let me introduce ourselves

we are a success business

of which we can offer you

are here to help you much more with your questions and queries.

of which we can confirm account ownership please visit

...and that's not even mentioning the run-on sentences.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

raindog308 said: Yeah, in this thread @0xdragon claimed he was taking them...

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/50289/so-i-was-an-idiot-and-got-a-vps-what-can-i-do-with-it/p1

To be honest, I didn't like @0xdragon attitude. He completely ignored the thread about CloudCommando and replied in another thread saying something like "he's not interested in the drama". I'm sorry, but a guy who represents a company ignoring the thread about his company with clients really worried about WTF was going on, is a big NO NO. I'd never signup to his services after reading his reply.

Thanked by 3J1021 Mark_R alexvolk
  • J1021J1021 Member

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Credit to MSPNick he wants better for people who signed onto matt Morgan.

What is @MSPNick in this for?

What Matt was running isn't anything worthwhile, it'll make somebody a couple of quid at most.

Any solid business should value their time.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @kcaj said:
    Any solid business should value their time.

why take GVH? Duke still did. I take my hat off to @MSPNick there is few people who actually want to clean this world up.

TinyTunnel_Tom said: why take GVH? Duke still did.

Whether taking GVH or not was a good business decision I don't know, but it's at least plausible. With 32mb.club and the rest of @mtwiscool's silliness, there is probably not a single decent customer in the bunch.

The only good that could come out of this is if @mtwiscool drops his mad schemes and pursues a genuine career...i.e., learning something, working in the field, developing skills, etc.

...which is what we all told him to do two years ago.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Just ignore these cheap yearly NAT deals, they exist for 1-2 months than sold, down or disappears

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I liked "we are a success business." I can't think of a better business to be in than the success market. I've heard good things about it.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@fitvpn said:
    Just ignore these cheap yearly NAT deals, they exist for 1-2 months than sold, down or disappears

LES has survived longer then that so your wrong there.

• @Jar said:
    I liked "we are a success business." I can't think of a better business to be in than the success market. I've heard good things about it.

haha yes! successful should've been :-)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @MSPNick said:

Someone been talking to mtwiscool too long.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2015

I always remember this thread:
    https://vpsboard.com/topic/6324-for-hire-seo-service/
    when it comes to MSPNick... He did not look too good there.

Or, to quote DrMike in that very thread concerning MSPNick:

May I recommend and point you to Lowendtalk?   You'd do much better suckering fools over there since they are lazy and unwilling to police anything. Get this corny fake ass shit out of my house.

With that in mind, overtaking mtwiscool's services seems like a natural development.

Thanked by 2Riz MikePT
  • J1021J1021 Member

Amitz said: I always remember this thread:

https://vpsboard.com/topic/6324-for-hire-seo-service/
    when it comes to MSPNick...

Even skim reading just the top of that thread I can immediately identify several spelling and grammar mistakes. Who wants somebody incompetent with the management of their own public image working on their SEO?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2015

Just read the whole thread. It gets even better when the source of the glibberish is revealed...

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • J1021J1021 Member

Amitz said: Just read the whole thread. It gets even better when the source of the glibberish is revealed...

I read the entire thread back when it was fresh and steaming. I remember speaking to Nick about a few other things (general conversation) back at the time and when I touched on the subject of that thread, the conversation went unresponsive.

The biggest concern of mine over stuff like this: How desperate does a guy and his business need to be before he'll start acquiring damaged brands with $1k/yr revenue and the slimmest margins you'll find on the market?

• AmitzAmitz Member

After failing with reselling snake oil, overtaking mtwiscool's empire seems like a steep rise to me... :-)

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited April 2015

@Amitz said:
    After failing with reselling snake oil, overtaking mtwiscool's empire seems like a steep rise to me... :-)

only if you think so

@kcaj said:
    The biggest concern of mine over stuff like this: How desperate does a guy and his business need to be before he'll start acquiring damaged brands with $1k/yr revenue and the slimmest margins you'll find on the market?

That's not the point.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

haha, I assume he paid you for this Nick.

Its like giving someone £10 to take your shoes because you puked on them.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    haha, I assume he paid you for this Nick.

Its like giving someone £10 to take your shoes because you puked on them.

Hey; I mean, yeah if I paid for this, not a chance though.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@MSPNick said:
    only if you think so

Is there any alternative to thinking so? You must admit, neither that thread, nor your offering there are suited to get the best public image of you and your doing.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

MSPNick said: Hey; I mean, yeah if I paid for this, not a chance though.

good to see some rescues happening lately then :) I predicted issues from day 1, Matt wanted to advertise through LES and honestly I was on the fence initially then when he decided to use the hostrail name I decided it was an absolute no.

I did not want him to let people down that were part of the LES community and be left with the pieces to pick up myself so this is a good thing.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

AnthonySmith said: Matt wanted to advertise through LES and honestly I was on the fence initially then

Please, never allow this to happen, regardless of what his company name is next time.