Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NANOvz down (again) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NANOvz down (again)

2»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

jvnadr said: Do it!

I would in a heart beat but I am aware that there are some free speech implications which I personally do not want to impose, at the same time I do not know how to stop people from being ridiculous.

Open to suggestions.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2015

In all honesty I am having a hard time understanding this attitude from LES providers. I have bought very cheap vpses with better specs for $3-$10 a year with IPv4 and none of them say, it's cheap, don't be surprised when it sucks and if you tell anybody that it sucks we will terminate you. What kind of shit is that? If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Note: I think Ryan is a nice guy and I am not complaining about his service.
    Aggessive Networks has a cheap IPv6 only service that is very, very good, why can he do it for the same money and you guys can't?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    Open to suggestions.

Mandatory check box on order:

"I agree to the United States National Security Agency monitoring my activity."

Weeds out dumb people. Everyone knows plugging in the Ethernet cable is automatic acceptance of these terms inside or outside of the country anyway ;)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ATHKATHK Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    Open to suggestions.

Only accept orders from people that understand what LES completely?

I honestly didn't expect much from my LES boxes but they've performed way above my expectations especially Sydney and Tokyo.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I would in a heart beat but I am aware that there are some free speech implications which I personally do not want to impose

Yeah, right, that's it - not the competition, no :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

FrankZ said: Aggessive Networks has a cheap IPv6 only service that is very, very good, why can he do it for the same money and you guys can't?

Fair point, going forward on the assumption that you are asking a genuine question I would answer with: As far as I can tell that service has been going little over 2 months, lets see if they have more than 2 hours down time over the next 18 and talk again.

Personally I don't believe that it is sustainable to sell a commercial product this cheap, I am not saying you are wrong I am saying I think time will settle this point.

ATHK said: Only accept orders from people that understand what LES completely?

There are about 5 different check boxes for that, but you know people and check boxes :)

ATHK said: I honestly didn't expect much from my LES boxes but they've performed way above my expectations especially Sydney and Tokyo.

Yep and that is great to hear, the fact is they can give the performance and meet the sometimes inflated expectations some people will place on them regardless of the reality, I wont reproach myself when that is not the case though.

deadbeef said: Yeah, right, that's it - not the competition, no :)

Honestly do not understand that sorry :(

Again it is about choice, perhaps you can get better cheaper, I cant guarantee an SLA at this price point though and that and I make it clear in advance, it is buyers choice, no one is twisting anyone's arm.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited April 2015

Well, just woke up to check all this stuff out etc.

Server hasn't been down at all according to all other customers, and the monitors on the servers. No massive load spikes etc.

As the OP hasn't actually told people anything, the only thing that has actually happened with his our server.. is Nginx Crashing (and i've informed the customer mutliple times if he wishes to avoid routing through our reverse proxy to avoid problems like this, to use Cloudflare's v6->v4 proxy.

So, just to clear things up on that.

and as @mikeyur (and @AnthonySmith) have said in the future. I've been there to help people way too much for their products and started creating unreal expectations. So, i've started to take a step back from the NanoVZ/MegaVZ/BudgetVZ products and let Customers 1) Work it out themselves, 2) Not jump over bridges and fight off Daleks to answer tickets. (Note: I do this for EvoBurst Only now)

@OP - Link to a Video you should watch, to clear up definition of Server.. and Webserver

Thanked by 3gestiondbi jar im_jmz
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

AnthonySmith said: Fair point, going forward on the assumption that you are asking a genuine question I would answer with: As far as I can tell that service has been going little over 2 months, lets see if they have more than 2 hours down time over the next 18 and talk again.

@AnthonySmith - I personally would not sell a commercial product that cheap, and would agree it has to be a tough thing to do. For those that choose to do so, you may find yourself with a customer that has expectations. Telling a customer that you will terminate him for attempting to lower other's expectations by writing reviews or threads just does not make sense to me. If you want lower expectations, let unhappy customers lower them. If you chill clients into not writing reviews, by threatening termination, doesn't that work against what you are saying about customers should not have "normal" service expectations?

I get back to you in Oct 2016 with an update on Aggessive and let you know :)

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@FrankZ said:
    I get back to you in Oct 2016 with an update on Aggessive and let you know :)

Unfortunately, there is a difference by providing a feedback with the reality, real experience and advice for reader and a feedback full of bashing, without any proofs or facts.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

davidgestiondbi said: Unfortunately, there is a difference by providing a feedback with the reality, real experience and advice for reader and a feedback full of bashing, without any proofs or facts.

My comments have all been in reference to

' Public complaints regarding performance or those that are considered unreasonable when referencing up-time or lack there of are grounds for instant termination without appeal unless first posted on the recognized support form in the first instance and 7 days has passed without response '

Not the OP's BS.