Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NANOvz down (again)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NANOvz down (again)

Server has been down for a few hours now and all I get as a reply is that I agreed with a tos that states that the service will not be available.
Lol, what a strange folks there. If I buy a car I expect to drive it. If I buy a bread I expect I can eat it. If I buy something that is disguesed as a vps then I expect I can use it.

So I wonder now what I did buy. The folks at Evoburst nanovz are not willing to fix this latest down time. I remember the time when they had auto tickets (tm).
In those days all the servers would be working perfectly all the time. When you entered a support ticket you were told you are the cause of the problem, but at the same time the problem would have been fixed. Like magic!

ps: I have two of these non functional non supperted vps like things to give away. Pm and I will give them away for free. I do not have a use for them, they are not what I thought I bought.

Thanked by 1Dwayne

Comments

• I'll take 'em . PMd.

• So you broke their TOS and got suspended?

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • You just got what you paid for. Not be surprised..

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

Hi,

I think you miss something.... somewhere.....

This service, NanoVZ and MegaVZ is a NO-SLA product without uptime warranty, due to the nature of it.
    Also, there is a dedicated forum for this service, which you should use to ask your questions or complaint about the service.

Keep in mind you pay ~3euro year for a VPS with more than 99% uptime!!!!
    Shit happen, DDoS happen. Most of the issue Ryan ( @AutoSnipe ) is facing, is customer abuse. Unfortunately, we can't be responsible for some customer wrong manipulations, or bad idea, etc.

For example, when the IP of the main server is nullrouted, we can't do anything. We need to wait for the upstream provider to unblock the service.

Second reminder.... YOU agree to the No-SLA and no warranty. Please stop to complaint about the little downtime that can occur and deal with the provider directly. You was aware of possible little downtime windows, even BEFORE you order!!

My 2cents of the day...

• J1021J1021 Member

I have a NanoVZ in all 6 locations and haven't seen any downtime this evening. I am monitoring via Observium and SmokePing.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • I think @AutoSnipe's problem is that he cared too much and actually responded to tickets for a 3Eur/yr service. Other than telling people to "f**k off and go complain on the LES forums" he actually responded and tried to help folks out.

It's a dirt cheap, no-guarantees service. Treat it as such.

Want a higher quality service? Pay more money and go with EvoBurst (premium line) or Ramnode, BuyVM, $15/yr minimum - and it's a shock that they provide such a good service at that low price point.

$3.75 only buys you so much, hopefully he just terminates your account so he can spend his limited time on the service and not dealing with support tickets. Time to setup an autoresponder for LES questions and/or bill/terminate like Ant did for LES support tickets.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi jvnadr
  • Do I care? No.
    Should I? No.
    Will I? No.

Why? Because its a No-SLA service. You agreed to no-SLA.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi ATHK
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2015

Termiet said: Server has been down for a few hours now and all I get as a reply is that I agreed with a tos that states that the service will not be available. Lol, what a strange folks there. If I buy a car I expect to drive it.

If you buy a car for, let's say, 20$, don't go to the national road with it. It will break. It will face troubles. Don't drive it. Learn from it. Open it's machine and see how it works. Explore the mechanical parts to understand how a car is working. DOn't plan a trip with your family. Especially if you bought it from a store that sells cars for parts only, even if they are working.
    In other words, those vps are toys. Not production boxes. Are for server enthusiasts that can benefit from getting a virtual environment for 2-3$ per year!
    And it actually works. Works almost all of the time, and works good! I have 12 of them (LES, nanovz, megavz, i-83, dollar). And I am very happy with them. Minor outages (for 3$ per year, 96-98% uptime is minor downtime). Good performance. In fact, I have 3 not mission-critical websites in 3 boxes, one Megavz and 2 LES.
    When I bought them, I knew what I was buying. I read their TOS and AUP, I read their clearly statement that I will not find any kind of SLA in them, any kind of guarantee support but just on best effort.
    So, if you bought something that is clearly not for you, although all of LES providers clearly saying what is for, don't bitch them but give a slap at your face.
    Because you are as cheapie as a man can go, expecting that you can do your job with a NAT LES although all warned you the opposite, and you did it to save a few bucks...

PS:

We all should kudos first of all @AnthonySmith for opening the road to LES product. He is great and he always has a great product.
    And then, we should thank guys behind evoburst and the others that give their time for this ridiculously cheap piece of virtual server.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Termiet saidIf I buy a car I expect to drive it.

Maybe so, but in this instance you bought a very cheap car with absolutely no warranty. If you did that, would you be surprised if the car had problems? No.

@jvnadr @mikeyur

Love to see some people understand what is the idea between LowEndSpirit! :)

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • I have several VPS with multi locations on NanoVZ and all of them are up and running. NanoVZ FTW!

• Does Budgetvz (1gb) also falls under No-SLA ?

• So guys, or better say the guys that agree with paying a service that isn't so.. service.. What would consider a client that pays 3 euros a year, or 10 euros, or 1000 euros a year.. That he donated his 3 euros to a lost cause ? In few countries with 3 euros you can buy food for a whole week.. So why someone would give such money to a good that is not so used because of the provider/owner/E.T. .. I tell you all why, because someone would give such money for beeing stupid, and believing that he makes a good deal, but in fact what comes cheap, it is worthless.

• @victorqd said:
    Does Budgetvz (1gb) also falls under No-SLA ?

Yes. Please read up when purchasing in future.

Even DigitalOcean have no SLA

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited April 2015

@Catalin said:
    So guys, or better say the guys that agree with paying a service that isn't so.. service.. What would consider a client that pays 3 euros a year, or 10 euros, or 1000 euros a year.. That he donated his 3 euros to a lost cause ? In few countries with 3 euros you can buy food for a whole week.. So why someone would give such money to a good that is not so used because of the provider/owner/E.T. .. I tell you all why, because someone would give such money for beeing stupid, and believing that he makes a good deal, but in fact what comes cheap, it is worthless.

If you need 3E to feed yourself for a week, maybe you don't really need to buy a VPS that's designed for enthusiasts that have 3E/year to spare, you know?

Thanked by 3jvnadr raindog308 lazyt
  • PwnerPwner Member

@Catalin said:
    So guys, or better say the guys that agree with paying a service that isn't so.. service.. What would consider a client that pays 3 euros a year, or 10 euros, or 1000 euros a year.. That he donated his 3 euros to a lost cause ? In few countries with 3 euros you can buy food for a whole week.. So why someone would give such money to a good that is not so used because of the provider/owner/E.T. .. I tell you all why, because someone would give such money for beeing stupid, and believing that he makes a good deal, but in fact what comes cheap, it is worthless.

I read your comment 3 times now and still have no clue what you're saying.

• J1021J1021 Member

TinyTunnel_Tom said: Even DigitalOcean have no SLA

https://digitalocean.com/help/policy/

It's not much of an SLA though, I'd like to see them "put their money where their mouth is" ;)

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • Catalin said: paying a service that isn't so.. service.

The thing is, the OP AGREED to purchasing a "service that isn't so.. service." when he/she agreed to the TOS.

• @kcaj said:
    It's not much of an SLA though, I'd like to see them "put their money where their mouth is" ;)

Urgh they didnt help me. Don't care TBH. was free credit haha

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Catalin said: What would consider a client that pays 3 euros a year, or 10 euros, or 1000 euros a year.. That he donated his 3 euros to a lost cause ?

Basically, yes. Buying LES is the VPS equivalent of 'taking a punt'; it might be great, it might be shit, but all you stand to lose is €3.

If you can't stand to lose that because it feeds your family for a week, then you shouldn't be buying it.

Thanked by 3Pwner gestiondbi lazyt
  • Catalin said: So guys, or better say the guys that agree with paying a service that isn't so.. service.. What would consider a client that pays 3 euros a year, or 10 euros, or 1000 euros a year.. That he donated his 3 euros to a lost cause ? In few countries with 3 euros you can buy food for a whole week.. So why someone would give such money to a good that is not so used because of the provider/owner/E.T. .. I tell you all why, because someone would give such money for beeing stupid, and believing that he makes a good deal, but in fact what comes cheap, it is worthless.

And there are shoes that costs 1000$ a pair. With so much money, you could feed a whole village in Central Africa for a whole month. Also, Bill Gates earns so much money per year that can feed a whole poor African country for the same period. What are you trying to prove with this argument?
    Don't you know that the price you pay for a product is equal to the service you receive? IF you pay peanuts to an insurance, you will hardly get treatment for a cold or a bone break in a lousy hospital. If you pay a $$$$ insurance, you will get the best cure from the best doctors with expensive medicines for any dicease you get.
    So, yes, it all depends on what you pay for. If it was the other way, then, evoburst vps would have no difference from a small box from AWS. But that costs x200!
    And, no, all of us that bought LES are not stupid. We know what we have bought. If this is not for you, then, don't buy it. Prefer to donate something to UNICEF (as I see you are almost cried for the poor).
    Really, when was the last time you donated somet5hing for a charity?

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @jvnadr said:
    Really, when was the last time you donated somet5hing for a charity?

That was what i was trying to make you see.. better donate that money for a good cause than to make some full pockets :))

• Had no downtime in both German locations, LA and KC, monitored with UptimeRobot.

• Catalin said: some full pockets

Full pockets from selling LES? Oh, my...

• @jvnadr said:
    Full pockets from selling LES? Oh, my...

Yep. They (LowEndSpirit providers) are the examples to follow to reach a wealthy living.

Thanked by 3jvnadr gestiondbi lazyt
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Traffic said: Yep. They (LowEndSpirit providers) are the examples to follow to reach a wealthy living.

That probably explains the delay in responding to the OP. I don't know if the LES owners are currently on their private tropical island, in orbit on their pleasure satellite, or cruising the South Seas on their megayacht, but in all cases the Internet connectivity isn't great and you have to allow for a delay in response.

Thanked by 3jvnadr Traffic lazyt
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

jvnadr said: If you buy a car for, let's say, 20$, don't go to the national road with it. It will break. It will face troubles. Don't drive it. Learn from it. Open it's machine and see how it works. Explore the mechanical parts to understand how a car is working. DOn't plan a trip with your family. Especially if you bought it from a store that sells cars for parts only, even if they are working.

Boom. That's the best thing I've read all day.

Thanked by 3jvnadr netomx lazyt
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I am thinking of introducing a mandatory term that all LES hosts must abide by.

' Public complaints regarding performance or those that are considered unreasonable when referencing up-time or lack there of are grounds for instant termination without appeal unless first posted on the recognized support form in the first instance and 7 days has passed without response '

I absolutely will not have LES style packages become an expected norm or price bar, this is everything I hate about the GVH/CVPS + $7 limit attitude here to begin with.

Obviously I cant force any of the other hosts to go along with this but it may come down a a choice ultimately.

I have said it before and I will say it again, there is a huge difference between getting a bargain and getting the super cheap version of something, e.g. getting 50% off at softlayer is a great bargain, buying and LES style server is buying the bottom end of the scale, comparing the 2 side by side in and way shape or form as the OP has done is idiotic.

edited April 2015

@Catalin said:
    That was what i was trying to make you see.. better donate that money for a good cause than to make some full pockets :))

Yep, we are so rich we bought a New Spatial Station. Who cares about NASA anyway! We can sell you some ticket to meet you on our new spacial station ;)

Seriously, if someone think LES providers make money with their NAT product, please start to calculate the cost of Nodes, Licences, staff, time to deal with this kind of thread, etc.... Not really worth it... but hey!! We do it for YOU guys! To get little VPS to train yourself, explore new software, IPv6, etc!

_P.S: Note to myself... it's my second 2cents of the day... _

• davidgestiondbi said: Note to myself... it's my second 2cents of the day... _

And there's gone today's earning from your LES business..

AnthonySmith said: there of are grounds for instant termination

Do it!