Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can we improve LowEndBox? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How can we improve LowEndBox?

Comments

• form field for submissions rather then a template

• I have not read every petition but being able to ignore/block some user(s) would become pretty handy.

• emgemg Veteran

Echoing @Ricardo 's comment:

I do not know how to quantify negative reviews, but I still see offers from companies that get an overwhelming number of negative reviews for horrible performance. The bad reviews keep appearing in new threads and resurrected old threads. Those companies consistently fail to deliver paid-for VPSs, their VPSs experience downtime on the order of days, weeks, and months, they have terrible customer communications - ignoring tickets, closing tickets without resolution, etc. etc. etc. Despite that, they continue to appear in offers on LEB.

Forgive me for naming names, but I want to provide examples. I do not claim to have been a customer for all of them, but BlueVM, 123Systems, ChicagoVPS, and GreenValueHost come to mind.

Those companies seem to be preying on naive new customers to sustain their businesses. They should be prevented from advertising on LowEndBox for a very long time (say: 1 year minimum). Make it hurt so much that they won't be tempted to advertise on LEB unless they are confident in their service levels.

In my opinion, blocking the truly bad providers will have the following effects:

• Fewer LEB offers, but from quality companies.
    • Much higher customer faith in LEB, which is rather low right now.
    • Better return on investment for the good providers who use LEB, when customers flock to their offers.
  • I hear what you're saying @emg but blocking them may have the opposite effect. For a hobbyist like me, it's great to be able to come here and get a mix of reviews on bad providers as well. Without that, I could see an offer somewhere else and not easily end up with a useful perspective on the company. In fact, I just had a need to google "low end box somecompanyname" and a number of threads came up with so much negative information that I got a clear picture where I wouldn't otherwise.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • Rating on each providers?

• tracking spams, and maintaining good discipline and a single language of communication, no milti lingual shall be allowed

• laticlatic Member, Host Rep

Stop the stupid "Would you like?" "Would you buy?" posts or have a dedicated market research forum. Its the most annoying part of the forum!

• Please combine the http://lowendbox.com/tag/netherlands/ and http://lowendbox.com/tag/the-netherlands/ tags, only one of them is linked from the country list on the homepage.

Thanked by 1Corey
  • Maximum_VPSMaximum_VPS Member
    edited June 2015

:)

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited June 2015

@mpkossen LEB site is now dead. Where is the old quality ? You're loosing more and more visitors there! I'm sure if this will continue there will no visitors soon at all !

New providers such as E6L LTD is complete joke:

• Private whois.

• WHMCS is nulled. (wow!)

• "They were previously a registered company with company number 7868958 – but recently did not renew their registration." why you're giving E6L LTD name if it's not registered now? Site says E6L INC!

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

Agree with @alexvolk Yeah, E6L is using a nulled / illegal copy of WHMCS. That is disrespectful to the software developers behind the system, and to the hosting industry itself. Nonetheless, it's theft.

• Maybe @jbiloh can comment about this:
    e6l.su is a hosting from Lizard Squad who DDoSed Sony and Microsoft earlies this year.

Wow!

as xxdesmus pointed in the comment section.

More detailed: https://www.recordedfuture.com/lizard-squad-analysis/

• LeeLee Veteran

A fairly big fail that one, I don't follow these kind of people but even I knew of them. As soon as I saw e6l on LEB I actually thought they hacked it.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    edited June 2015

@alexvolk said:
    Maybe jbiloh can comment about this:
    e6l.su is a hosting from Lizard Squad who DDoSed Sony and Microsoft earlies this year.

Wow!

as xxdesmus pointed in the comment section.

More detailed: https://www.recordedfuture.com/lizard-squad-analysis/

As I'm not part of the publishing I don't have a comment, I'll defer to @mpkossen.

It goes without saying we only want good companies on LEB.

• I think, you are advertising alot of hosts which are out of the US which is great but inside of the US mainly are CC hosts, make it a little bit more diverse, I know there is a vested interest in you guys advertising CC hosts but just show a bit more diversity.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

rethinkvps said: I think, you are advertising alot of hosts which are out of the US which is great but inside of the US mainly are CC hosts, make it a little bit more diverse, I know there is a vested interest in you guys advertising CC hosts but just show a bit more diversity.

None of the last three U.S. providers advertised seem to be colocating with ColoCrossing?

• perennate said: None of the last three U.S. providers advertised seem to be colocating with ColoCrossing?

Yep, offers have been much more diverse lately.

• LeeLee Veteran

jbiloh said: As I'm not part of the publishing I don't have a comment, I'll defer to @mpkossen.

On the basis the ad has been there 3 days now it's clear you and @mpkossen approve and support the ad.

A new low even for you.

• @Lee said:
    A new low even for you.

4 days now and they are still using a nulled whncs. LizardSquad have previously advertised their services on their Twitter.

There's another company on LET that actively encourage DDoS attacks from their ColoCrossing servers... I provided evidence of it too in said thread.

Quite shocking how LET and LEB are allowing both of these.

Thanked by 1ddosprotection
  • @Lee @IThinkUFailed they simply don't care. I remember the time where using nulled whmcs or advertising on hackforums was a rule to not allow such hosts but now ... wow!

Thanked by 1ddosprotection
  • alexvolk said: @Lee @IThinkUFailed they simply don't care. I remember the time where using nulled whmcs or advertising on hackforums was a rule to not allow such hosts but now ... wow!

It's all about, lets advertise CC companies no matter who they are so we can get a quick buck from them.

They purchased the biggest forum which was known for being the best in the industry and bang, down to nothing.

I personally speak to alot of people who just upped and left after the hack and the fact they found out that CC owned LET.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@IThinkUFailed said:
    There's another company on LET that actively encourage DDoS attacks from their ColoCrossing servers... I provided evidence of it too in said thread.

Quite shocking how LET and LEB are allowing both of these.

Those offers are now gone, I don't read every topic here and sometimes some threads that should not be here are missed. That doesn't mean that those threads are ignored, there simply not enought time to monitor every single thread (and comment) that is posted here. Since moderating this forum is an un-paid position and my regular job is taking alot of time and energy from me I sometimes miss things like those topics.

Can't remember that the topic where you posted the screenshots in were flagged either, I remember editing the first two offer threads by that person for ignoring the rules.
    As a result the user is now banned and the offer threads are now gone.

@alexvolk said:
    Lee IThinkUFailed they simply don't care. I remember the time where using nulled whmcs or advertising on hackforums was a rule to not allow such hosts but now ... wow!

Well, I care. Will talk to mpkossen about this if he missed the discussions here.

@rethinkvps said:
    all about, lets advertise CC companies no matter who they are so we can get a quick buck from them.

@mpkossen tries really hard lately to post offers on LEB with a diversity and not only the same old companys over and over again.
    CC do have a great impact on this forum since there are many providers buying equipment and/or colo with them. Ask your providers to switch colocation partner. Often they will say that they can't find anyone in that price range. Or when they can find one, that one is also over represented in this community.

@rethinkvps said:
    They purchased the biggest forum which was known for being the best in the industry and bang, down to nothing.

It's not down to nothing, the user base has changed and many left. Some will be missed, some not.
    My opinion is that slowly the amount and quality of the post improves from the low quality that it had when the news dropped.
    The big difference can only the users of the community contribute with. If the users acts childish and take every opportunity to pick a fight, thats what we will end up with. If the mods/admins removes every post the users will leave or end up banned for life and the community will end as you predict.

@rethinkvps said:
    I personally speak to alot of people who just upped and left after the hack and the fact they found out that CC owned LET.

This is sad, all people (except spammers and con artists) are welcome here.

• LeeLee Veteran

They are probably scared of the fallout that will be directed at LET/LEB if they remove the ad.

• @jbiloh said:
    As I'm not part of the publishing I don't have a comment, I'll defer to @mpkossen.

One week passed. Do you guys really support DDoS and hacking ?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

alexvolk said: One week passed. Do you guys really support DDoS and hacking ?

Who are you referring to? I'll point it out to @mpkossen.

• I'm new to the forum, and thought the discussion threads are useful. A list of recommended topics based on a user's preference/history would be helpful.

• @jbiloh said:
    Who are you referring to? I'll point it out to mpkossen.

http://lowendbox.com/blog/e6l-ltd-7month-or-45year-3gb-openvz-in-st-petersburg-russia/

Check out the comments in there as well...

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2015

qrwteyrutiyoup said: Check out the comments in there as well...

That was usuall crucial for LEB. Sadly today people see only offer and if for some reason isn't suitable want it removed.

alexvolk said: One week passed. Do you guys really support DDoS and hacking ?

Do they? Do you? I, as example, read comments because I prefer to see host introduced from every aspect instead of know nothing about it. I completely understand why you want it removed from standard coupon hunting aspect of LEB became. And exactly that's reason why LEB sucks so much last few years. No one appreciate informational view of this webpage.
    So what if host introduction is removed? Will this do any favour to me as consumer who will find great deal from them elsewhere and purchase it unknowingly what they are?

As I am not LEB staffer, just ordinary reader I can easily say how moronic LEB community became. Offer, offer, offer.. that's all what you see. What about comments? Reading? Researching. Oh God... lets remove it and pretend like everything is fine if no one know about it, right?!

Do you have at least slight idea what LEB was in years when it was actually worth to open page, express experience, read other people experience, research, etc...?
    Yes, featured host may be removed once publisher wake up and see your demands. But that's just because this moronic way of thinking which see in LEB only "coupons" and "special deals" instead of blog with informational purpose.
    So with removal of potentially good reading, community research and warning you will get pretty much what you deserve: nothing.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
This discussion has been closed.