Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Make sure to use adblocker on LET/LEB - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Make sure to use adblocker on LET/LEB

2»

Comments

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Tracking happens on every website.

Suggestion: Donation button

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited April 2015

@4n0nx said:
    Tracking happens on every website.

Suggestion: Donation button

Good idea. I've never seen any ads here, so I forget that it costs money to run this site.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Mun said:
    BTW this is all the more reason to use vpsboard.com

It has cool features we always wanted here like:

> SSL
    > An owner that cares
    > Ads are run inhouse so no outside tracking
    > Better forum software
    > Less hate
    > 

Works really well if you ask me.

Which is fine however the day has come and gone for vpsboard to "rescue" members from here. Any time I have visited it seems greatly lacking in activity in all areas.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

we will look into the suggested ad platforms I appreciate everyone's feedback.

• souensouen Member

Yeah, a lot of sites have third-party tracking, which doesn't make them any less intrusive. Call it old-fashioned if you will. :) I could block them, but if there are alternatives without affecting the bottom line (much), why not make it more user-friendly?

To clarify, generally I don't mind seeing ads, it's the persistent tracking across sites that often comes with them. In-house ads would be all right with the scope being only LEB/LET (relevance shouldn't really be a problem given the owners should have some idea of the demographic?) In-house analytics would be an acceptable compromise, as long as the site has a policy and sticks to it, e.g. no sharing personally identifiable info to "affiliates".

With some sites like VPSB that run ads in-house, the ads aren't blocked by default and I leave them that way.

• Ghostery ublock and some more serve the purpose. Abp is power hungry