Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lowendtalk is really slow - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

lowendtalk is really slow

Comments

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited April 2015

Oracle832 said: I assume you are in Vietnam ?

Yes, I am :D

• From past two days, it is slow sometimes page doesn't open.

• Pings aren't working here, but the site isn't too bad. Only about 10 minutes to load this page. Could be worse . . . . .

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Almost unusable for the last couple days

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

We are aware of the slowness and continue to combat the problem.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • It's right up to speed again here.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Oracle832 said:
    Who would still use 3G these days? maybe poor countries ? J/K

I use it almost every day from my mobile phone.

Thanked by 1earl
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

We're continuing to work on this.

Thanked by 2FrankZ linuxthefish
  • earlearl Member

@mikho

same here.. I don't see the point of 4g or LTE with 100Mbps when most wireless plans where I am only come with 500MB to 1GB of data..

Then we have the silly data for ipad $10 for 10MB.. why bother... better off using free wifi from McD's.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@earl

I use a mix of 3G/4G depending on my location. Mostly 4G on my phone and only 3G on the ipad (earlier version of the mini that don't have 4G capability).
    Funny thing is that I have more then twice the data on the ipad (10GB) then on the phone.

Thanked by 1earl
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Here on the countryside, EDGE is still quite the norm. It's not a 3rd world thing at all... And, on topic: Yeah - slow like hell and nearly unusable.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NomadNomad Member

It's not slow, slow is fast compared to this.

Also, we don't have 4G as well, yet.

• Oracle832Oracle832 Member
    edited April 2015

site seems to be running "a bit" faster :)

• @giang said:
    Yes, I am :D

Great!. I hope the communism there treat you well :). They are the most smartest and richest people in the world, they claimed. Making Vietnam the most freedom, wealthy and strongest country in the world eh ? Communism forever! lol. Good luck keeping up with the China, your neighbor right next door.

• Lowendtalk deadpooled?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2015

@GIANT_CRAB said:
    Lowendtalk deadpooled?

I TOLD U!!! DEM BE SCAMMERS!!!1!!1!1!!!
    NO TAKING ME MONEY, NO DELIVER SERVICE! :-)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • As day goes, connectivity worsens. I hope admins are lucky to have everything fixed, finally.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Yep. Same here from the UK, it takes a while to load sometimes over the last few days or so...

• MunMun Member
    edited April 2015

Clarification let isn't using cloudflare. They are using there new ddos protection in Buffalo brought to you by colocrossing.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Mun said:
    Clarification let isn't using cloudflare. They are using there new ddos protection in Buffalo brought to you by colocrossing.

Where do I sign up? :D

• I have to admit that IF this slowdown is caused by an DDoS attack that LET did improve. Atleast now everything continues to work (delayed) instead of throwing in random useless cloudflare errors.. this does not change that i hope that jbiloh truely continues to combat those attacks and get things going smoothly again.

Thanked by 1earl
  • ehabehab Member
    edited April 2015

@GIANT_CRAB said:

I started to link you with deadpools and maybe GIANT_DEADPOOL can be a good name :D

• @Mun said:

Where I do believe this is not efficient enough?

• Its rather painfully slow a lot of the time, or just times out all together the rest of the time for the last couple of days... I had assumed it was just something funny with my end, I guess not though.

• Is it better now?

Thanked by 1Cloudcone
  • gianggiang Veteran

Seems so, load very fast.

SysAdmin said: Is it better now?

• ehabehab Member

good Job.. much faster and lovely :)

• Still loading slow for me :(

• earlearl Member

@SysAdmin said:
    Is it better now?

Much better!

So.. did you give up trying and finally read the manual :P

• The issues are because of the cat and mouse game of fighting non-stop DDOS attacks that come in at every possible vector. Sorry for the issues but the bad actors are the ones who ruin it for everyone, I wish people would have some decency but what do you expect when your exposed to the entire world.