Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudCommando has gone downhill. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudCommando has gone downhill.

Comments

• bohdansbohdans Member
    edited July 2015

Probably hosted on those 2pound OVH boxes....
    So price was is not sustainable, just hosts are not powerful enough.

• @bohdans said:
    Probably hosted on those 2pound OVH boxes....
    So price was sustainable, just hosts are not powerful enough.

Even with some free resources, the cost for operation, maintenance and customer service are still not able to justify $5/y price tag.

• bohdansbohdans Member
    edited July 2015

@bookstack I have never run a business so I won't comment to much, but I think I agree with you, its not sustainable...
    by my rough calculations:
    50 clients to a box could be possible, so $250yr,
    -~$50 for servers (OVH 2EU ~$4US), only leaves $200,
    Lets say his time is worth $20 an hour, 200/10 = 10 hours of support total,
    Each manual provision takes 5 minutes, thats 4 hours gone,
    30 minutes of server maintenance every month is 6 hours.
    So he would have to have NO issues and NO tickets for this to even break even....

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

That is why you automate things and monitor it to react before customers knows there is an issue.

I can't say that I can live from what I sell here for $5/year (shared hosting and hosted piwik) but I can't say that I need to put much effort in it to work either.
    There are times when it takes more time then I would like but that rarely happens. I came back the other day from a 2 week vacation, not sure that any of my customers noticed that I was away?!

Thanked by 2bohdans iKeyZ
  • Hey guys,

Sorry about the recent issues. All was running fine for about three months but the current host (QuadIX), has been having power outages every single day for the past week and I need to find a new machine. As you can imagine, this is a completely out of pocket venture and I make nothing from it. Please don't take this as I'm not bothered to fix your issues, or that I don't care (because I do) it's that I need to eat just as much as you do, and cannot immediately dedicate huge amounts of time.

Thanks!

Thanked by 2bohdans Host4Go
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

To be fair, I paid peanuts so I expected very little except teething problems.

If I had any feedback for you, it would just be good to have a bit of communication on the problems rather than radio silence.

And to be honest, if this is costing you money now, why not call it a day if it's giving you grief? It'd be cheaper to offer refunds for remaining time that to keep messing around migrating, and I bet half of us wouldn't even be bothered about getting a couple of $ back.

• BruceBruce Member

@0xdragon said:
    Hey guys,

you're offering this as a commercial product, so it needs to be treated as such. you needing to eat is your problem. customers aren't responsible for your inability to run a viable business.

A premium Observium, website monitoring and backup space service

doesn't seem to indicate

this is a completely out of pocket venture

either STFU and fix it, make it a viable commercial venture, or bin it. if this is a hobby, be open about that on your website - ZERO SLA. some best efforts products can be useful, so I don't suggest giving up, but the posts above quite clearly show that your customers expected more

• @Bruce said:
    either STFU and fix it, make it a viable commercial venture, or bin it. if this is a hobby, be open about that on your website - ZERO SLA. some best efforts products can be useful, so I don't suggest giving up, but the posts above quite clearly show that your customers expected more

I can understand that @Bruce, and take your opinion on board. I'll strive to do better.

Thanked by 1Host4Go
  • BruceBruce Member
    edited July 2015

@0xdragon says all his services are running OK now, and wants to be removed from "in the doghouse"

CloudCommando customers - what say you ?

• I'd like @0xdragon to remove the testimonial from me on the website.

The server was awesome to start with, but fell away. Has been more stable in recent times, but I am not wanting my name used to promote the service.

I will not be renewing.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Website not working so........

• @4n0nx said:

Well, once (if) he gets it back up then I would like it done.

Observium instance is running fine for now.

• ehabehab Member

every 1 deserves a second chance.
    if i was 0xdragon i would raise price to match super hw specs and time to run the service. i would offer some refund for clients not happy with price raise.

if he thinks its too much i would stop the service or limit it with some amount.
    but who am i... i have no experince to run a business.
    wish him well and all those who try.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited July 2015

@4n0nx said:

Under maintenance, just updating Blesta. Good timing.

EDIT: In case you guys didn't see it, it's back online.

• ehab said: every 1 deserves a second chance.

Only if they're going to learn from their mistakes. ;)

I think a price rise is in order. Even $6- $8/Yr would make some difference I'm sure.

• ehabehab Member

@sambling said:
    Only if they're going to learn from their mistakes. ;)

deadpool to those who don't.

• Dear CloudCommando Customer,

Thank you very much for being apart of the team, I’d first like to welcome you to our family, MyServerPlanet Ltd. A UK based company.

I’d just like to confirm that we have now taken control over CloudCommando services. No changes will be made just yet – However they’ll be hardware upgrades and network upgrades that will be coming in the next few weeks.

Please bare with us while we transfer everything over to MSP / Make your service more usable.

Many thanks,

Nick.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Oh Noes!

• @MSPNick Confirming this. I'll be staying on for a while to make sure that everyone is happy during the transition. I'm not abandoning you guys.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

0xdragon said: I'm not abandoning you guys.

yeah you totally didn't in the past months -_-

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • BruceBruce Member

@0xdragon seems to have accepted the criticism/advice and involved @MSPNick to help out. let's congratulate that. he could have continued to struggle on, at the expense of the customers. he didn't. well done @0xdragon

• @Bruce said:
    0xdragon seems to have accepted the criticism/advice and involved MSPNick to help out. let's congratulate that. he could have continued to struggle on, at the expense of the customers. he didn't. well done 0xdragon

Hi,

wrong way round, I went to him this morning. :-)

• BruceBruce Member

@MSPNick said:

LOL I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Well done to you then

• @Bruce said:
    LOL I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Well done to you then

Indeed, thanks.

• J1021J1021 Member

I'm still gobsmacked that anyone ever paid for somebody else to host them a PHP script. I've been running my own Observium install for a while now and it is literally setup and leave, no hassle required.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • The plans Nick got should help this a load. Sadly will have to wait a few weeks :/. Good luck @MSPNick can't wait to see it.

• FritzFritz Veteran

What?! Seriously

• Bruce said: CloudCommando customers - what say you ?

Got burned on the $1 trial, never looked back. Hosted my own Observium with a Turnkey Linux template on a Proxmox install with my own dedicated server - zero issues.

• Sorry for the graverip, but has there ever been an update on this? My Observium still seems dead from here...

• djvdorp said: Sorry for the graverip, but has there ever been an update on this? My Observium still seems dead from here...

Sold/handed to @MSPNick some time back. No progress since.

Thanked by 1Gunter