Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INIZ Hosting or ZENIVA LIMITED [account was denied] - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INIZ Hosting or ZENIVA LIMITED [account was denied]

Comments

• edited April 2015

Patrick said: Considering all his info is incorrect (name, address, phone, domain whois. paypal name) it's most probably him.

@Patrick I'm not commenting the case here. I was just saying that the FraudRecord screenshot doesn't mean anything and as such is misleading/inaccurate. The first record is the one you filled today, the other ones are probably not related.

@lbft @comXyz @Master_Bo I never said I use a fake number.

IThinkUFailed said: I provide my correct mobile number... I've had one company use it but for the life of me can't remember exactly who it was.

For what purpose did they call you?

IThinkUFailed said: It's good because if they need to get your attention immediately they could just call you... I can see why people ask for it.

I don't. I have rent services at more than 100 providers since '98. No one ever called me. Or sent me anything to my address. OTOH, some of them have distributed (hack, sale, ...) my details. When a service is compromized, they will usually reach you via a ticket/email and suspend the service if needed. Never by phone.

I will go one step further: in many countries, asking for a phone number or even a postal address is illegal because you're not allowed to collect personal details that you are not required for the sale and that you won't use.

Required information: country, IP, VAT number
    Useful information: email
    Anything else should be optional or not asked at all.

Most of the big cloud/vps providers will only ask for that. Most of the small providers will ask you for a ton of details (WHMCS) that are useless and sometimes harmful for the customer.

IMHO.

• @hostingwizard_net

1. When the ToS says you have to provide correct information, then you have to. If you don't want to, don't use their service. Otherwise they can take your money, and suspend your account, they have the right to do it.

2. Providers have to follow their country laws first, not customers country laws. They are responsible to protect your privacy, and they are responsible to provide your personal information to the police in some cases. Sorry to hear some providers use your info to wrong purposes, you can sue them in this case.

3. My providers called me 2 times, regarding DDoS attack, and hardware failure.

• @realbusiness said:
    I can't be bothered with these foul mouthed plebs.

Pretty redundant coming from you. Additionally, don't open a "scam" thread because you decided to commit a crime by knowingly entering fraudulent information, and expecting your money back. Patrick only refunded the money because he didn't want to deal with you - most providers would tell you to shove it where the sun doesn't shine, and just take the money once server was deployed then suspended, and could easily justify to PayPal and win.

Be thankful he gave you that such a small amount back that you paid.

Thanked by 2comXyz ATHK
  • @realbusiness said:
    I still can't understand why would somebody give all real details to these shady fly by the night £1 hosting companies? Companies who would probably end up selling your details to more shady companies to earn some more money to feed their kids?

Almost an irony since you called yourself "real" business...

If you don't trust them, don't deal with them, it is that simple, if you are just a cheap @$$ who is willing to pay 5 bucks (and that is most of the people on LET, myself included), then consider your personal info as part of the package to get a discounted service.

Nothing comes for free/cheap than it should be in this world, if you haven't learnt that lesson...don't know what to tell ya.

And if you are really really paranoid of leaking your personal info, I am sure you can pay a few thousand bucks to get a lawyer/agent to sign things up on your behalf, but I am sure your personal info doesn't worth that much.

• @hostingwizard_net said:
    I never said I use a fake number.

No one says you said. But you called that normal ('norm', citing you exactly). That means you consider that normal, correct?

I quite agree that not all the personal information should be provided to hoster. But, when it's marked as mandatory in ToS, I have simple choice of abiding by that or choosing another provider.

As for hosters selling or losing customers' base data - there are too many real and important things in one's life to care of, instead of trying to avoid all plausible hazards.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • @comXyz said:
    In shady people eyes, everything is shady bro

• athoatho Member

@realbusiness said:
    I still can't understand why would somebody give all real details to these shady fly by the night £1 hosting companies? Companies who would probably end up selling your details to more shady companies to earn some more money to feed their kids?

The same could go with your data. So you will not give your information to them however you would store your data with a 'shady' hosting company? Good Logic. Choose a reputable company if you are so afraid and pay top dollar or can you not because they have all blacklisted you? There are plenty of reputable providers if you just take a second to look and if you get flagged for entering false/misleading information then to me that's a plus cause it keeps trash off the nodes.

Thanked by 2KwiceroLTD ATHK
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@MrGeneral said:
    hey, mikho, it was an exception tho, we use the VPN in our company, although I got pissed off with you for other reasons);

Why? Because I didn't give you a $1 discount on a $3/year package?

Thanked by 2ATHK lbft
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2015

@mikho said:
    Why? Because I didn't give you a $1 discount on a $3/year package?

Not at all, because you weren't friendly, that's all. You could have easily set the invoice back to pending (the first service ordered without VPN), it takes only a click. Since you weren't able to put it back to Pending status, I'm sure you wouldn't be able to give any further help for simple questions, even though the service is surely unmanaged and I wouldn't need your help.

Thanks for bringing up that $1 discount to the thread, though, I'm glad I didn't order it once again. I expect a nicer attitude. That's why I still have services with many providers who simply do customer care right.

Thanked by 3ATHK comXyz Ndha
  • sinsin Member

@hostingwizard_net said:
    BTW, fake phone numbers is the norm because there is no reason for a hosting provider to ask for a phone number.

I'm sorry but I disagree, I don't believe fake phone numbers are the "norm" at all. I use my real phone number for every hosting provider I sign up with, I'm trusting them with my data so why wouldn't I trust them with my phone number as well? I'm not worried about how my phone number is used at all because I only sign up with reputable companies.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • Fake phone numbers are definitely not the norm. We phone verify all orders so if fake phone numbers were the norm noone would be able to sign up and get service. Yet people order and get services, ergo people provide real phone numbers.

• I always provide my real information. Some hosts do verify using manual calls (atlantic.net, rackspace, etc.) or automated calls (AWS, InceptionHosting, EZPZhosting, etc.), or SMS (can't recall any); or they would use it for satisfaction check/survey (online.net). Besides, I don't want a stranger open my gifts, just in case some company wants to send me a pocket lamp or something. :D

Thanked by 3ATHK comXyz Master_Bo
  • ATHKATHK Member

This post is just bs, if you don't fill out the correct information and you somehow wind up with a VPS technically you're scamming the provider when you start email spamming and torrent illegal property..

I just don't get how someone can think HEY I'll sign up with fake info and expect the server to be given to me..

Thanked by 2comXyz KwiceroLTD
  • This thread was a bright torch in my otherwise darkened day. I love it here, just thought everyone needed to know that.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited April 2015

@comXyz said:

There use to be a hosting company called "Shadyhosting" perhaps that would be the hosting company for OP.

I'm not kidding, I just can't recall where I saw the name.

Now I remembered who it was. There was two. One was ElasticHosts to trial their cloud offering I was called asking how it was. The other was Microsoft Azure somebody called me up to see how I was getting on

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • TheLonelyTheLonely Member
    edited April 2015

@IThinkUFailed said:
    I'm not kidding, I just can't recall where I saw the name.

Here you go https://shadyshosting.com

@MrGeneral said:
    Not at all, because you weren't friendly, that's all. You could have easily set the invoice back to pending (the first service ordered without VPN), it takes only a click. Since you weren't able to put it back to Pending status, I'm sure you wouldn't be able to give any further help for simple questions, even though the service is surely unmanaged and I wouldn't need your help.

Thanks for bringing up that $1 discount to the thread, though, I'm glad I didn't order it once again. I expect a nicer attitude. That's why I still have services with many providers who simply do customer care right.

You are entitled to your own opinion about me, I'll leave that part without commenting, let us instead recap the order history.

• you order the cheapest package ($3/year) without paying, contacting me here on LET via PM pasking questions about what webserver it's running on and then you then tell me that you only have $2 on your paypal account and asks for a discount that I decline. (discount being 1/3 of the original price, sounds much more that way instead of mentioning $1, doesn't it?)
    • 4 days pass and when I see (in a thread here on LET) that you signed up with another I cancel your pending order since I suspect you wouldn't order.
    • later same day I tell you in the PM (here on LET) that I cancelled the order.
    • you asked me to set the status back to pending and I reply that you can order again, only because I was on my mobile and couldn't access the admin parts. I know, I didn't tell you the reason why I "wanted" you to order again so thats my mistake. I also asked to continue this in a support ticket instead of PM on a forum that has no connection to what I sell.
    • You second order was via a VPN (which MaxMind automagically denied).

I do not wish to continue this discussion in a thread not about me or the services I provide, instead I wish you good luck with your current providers and that if you change your mind in the future, you are more then welcome.

Thanked by 2MikePT DeletedUser
  • @mikho said:
    I do not wish to continue this discussion in a thread not about me or the services I provide, instead I wish you good luck with your current providers and that if you change your mind in the future, you are more then welcome.

I want $1 discount

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    I want $1 discount

Take any package at $5/year or more and I'll give you $1 discount :)

• @mikho said:
    Take any package at $5/year or more and I'll give you $1 discount :)

eeeeeeeee. $5/yr what you people playing at. xD

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@mikho said:

Fair enough! :)

• Happy Iniz customer for almost 2 years... They are professional & provide quick support.

Judging by most of the reviews, I believe we can easily conclude that the problem is... you.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited April 2015

@hostingwizard_net said:
    I will go one step further: in many countries, asking for a phone number or even a postal address is illegal because you're not allowed to collect personal details that you are not required for the sale and that you won't use.

>

Required information: country, IP, VAT number
    Useful information: email
    Anything else should be optional or not asked at all.

>

Most of the big cloud/vps providers will only ask for that. Most of the small providers will ask you for a ton of details (WHMCS) that are useless and sometimes harmful for the customer.

>

IMHO.

I agree. It's not necessarily that providers have ill intent in retaining superfluous personal details either, but that, to some extent, there is always the chance of their databases being compromised and leaked.

On the other hand, WHMCS allows you to toggle most if not all of the 'required' personal details fields.

EDIT: That isn't to suggest I agree with the OP. If the provider asks for a phone number, it shouldn't come as a surprise when they act on the absence of one. None of my services have ever demanded a phone number during signup, so I was speaking from that perspective. Maybe it comes down to the golden rule?

• HostNun said: None of my services have ever demanded a phone number during signup

I assume that you don't have any domain, and don't use any service from Google/Amazon/Microsoft/OVH/Online.net..... and other providers require valid phone number.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited April 2015

I have provided my phone number to every web host I've signed up with since the early 2000s. I meant it isn't required for my vps services. I don't offer phone support and have no need to know a client's number unless they would like to give it to me on their own volition.

• comXyzcomXyz Member
    edited April 2015

@HostNun sorry for misunderstanding. That's fine since you're provider, and you don't need customers phone number.

But if providers need customers phone number (almost all companies have to - it's in the law in my country) then customers have to provide it correctly.

• @lbft said:
    What if they needed to get in touch with you in an emergency situation, e.g. a compromised VPS?

That would've been nice. Does anybody do that?

• Yeah, really, has your provider ever proactively called you about your 'compromised VPS'? The only kinds of phone calls I've ever received from hosting providers were sales/marketing related.

Not to suggest that such a service doesn't exist, but it probably costs a bit more for that level of special attention.

• I even received phone call from Online.net when I was going to cancel the 1.99 kidechire.

And another phone call regarding hardware failure.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • Those are dedicated servers, though, no? (If not, excuse my ignorance, I've never bought anything from online.net before). I meant phone calls from a vps provider.