Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ipsystemsltd scams
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ipsystemsltd scams

tr1ckytr1cky Member
edited April 2015 in General

So, apparently, ipsystemsltd scams.

27 Feb 2015: 2 servers are bought:
http://www0.xup.in/exec/ximg.php?fid=10864279
http://www0.xup.in/exec/ximg.php?fid=10156190

Both servers aren't automatically deployed.

27 Feb 2015: Ticket opened. Ticket gets closed without an answer:
http://www0.xup.in/exec/ximg.php?fid=85299218

3 March 2015: Still nothing delivered, paypal conflict opened:
http://www0.xup.in/exec/ximg.php?fid=56052356
http://www0.xup.in/exec/ximg.php?fid=17342882

PayPal conflict goes unanswered for 8 days, therefore escalated to PayPal.
PayPal decides to favor ipsystemstld and decides against the buyer:
http://www0.xup.in/exec/ximg.php?fid=15827508

End-result: Buyer lost 24$ and received nothing.

Disclaimer: That's not me, but it was brought to my attention by a friend.

Comments

• wow, xup.in, never thought anyone outside of RaidRush would use that

• I have one vps with them and runs smoothly without any problem.

• blackblack Member

Mine works fine.

• William said: wow, xup.in, never thought anyone outside of RaidRush would use that

The bad people use it :P

toirdaprr said: I have one vps with them and runs smoothly without any problem.

Good to know. I also have 3 servers with them and they are okay, but nonetheless, that's not how you treat people if your systems fails to deliver the server automatically.
    You either refund them or you deliver.

• blackblack Member

Tagging @johnkoozle so he can look into it.

• My VPS also got CPU Limit (cannot used cpu above 30%) after have constant load of 0.6. But I think they're not scam. I have 2 VPS in there.

• johnkoozlejohnkoozle Member
    edited April 2015

I see what happened, somehow the order was deleted so even though he paid there was no order in the system..

Those tickets (like the one your friend sent) are quite often closed. We get several of those a day only to see they did not wait 5 minutes for the PayPal IPN to catch up. We are operating a budget service and our time is extremely limited, there's no guarantees with support.

I have PM'd you what to do.

Edit: Clients service is now active.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

johnkoozle said: Those tickets (like the one your friend sent) are quite often closed. We get several of those a day only to see they did not wait 5 minutes for the PayPal IPN to catch up. We are operating a budget service and our time is extremely limited, there's no guarantees with support.

Sorry, but that's nonsense. "No guarantees with support"? This is part of delivering the service that customers paid you for, not some kind of fancy off-topic support question.

If you get a lot of false tickets, then let them sit for 30 minutes and look at them again - this is not a hard thing to do. If your ticket system doesn't let you do this, get a better ticket system.

You cannot hold your customers responsible for failure to follow up on your part.

EDIT: And at the very least, if you close a ticket, add a canned response saying "wait for the IPN callback".

Thanked by 3netomx iKeyZ MikePT
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

William said: wow, xup.in, never thought anyone outside of RaidRush would use that

Maybe he uses raidrush ;D

Also: WTF - this is how long the Paypal buyer protection takes and then declines protection without reason? I think I will only use credit card from now on, if possible....

johnkoozle said: We are operating a budget service and our time is extremely limited, there's no guarantees with support.

No time for providing service either, huh? o.O

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I'm sorry to be quoting this, but...

$3.50/year 256MB RAM SSD 2 IPs

What did you guys expect?

Yeah, he should provide what's advertised and blah blah blah, but be realistic.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

@Nyr said:

If he cannot provide the services at the given price, then he should change the price. Not just fail to provision and then say "well but it's a budget service!"

joepie91 said: If he cannot provide the services at the given price, then he should change the price. Not just fail to provision and then say "well but it's a budget service!"

You are right. But common sense from buyers getting this kind of "deals" wouldn't hurt either. Where common sense = skipping them.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @Nyr said:

You can live with fake advertisements, you're so nice.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

joepie91 said: If he cannot provide the services at the given price, then he should change the price. Not just fail to provision and then say "well but it's a budget service!"

^^^^^^^^ That and not all cheap offers disappoint, I am very happy with my kidechire among others

Thanked by 1geekalot
    edited April 2015

comXyz said: You can live with fake advertisements, you're so nice.

Clearly I could with the "get this car for $7!" kind. I know I can't get it, so I don't pay and then complain.

• @Nyr said:
    Clearly I could with the "get this car for $7!" kind. I know I can't get it, so I don't pay and then complain.

So you mean you can cheat people by something like "get this car for $7!". Then people pay and you will say "you should know you can't get it, so you shouldn't pay and then complain." Good strategy guy

Thanked by 24n0nx Mark_R

comXyz said:

So you mean you can cheat people by something like "get this car for $7!". Then people pay and you will say "you should know you can't get it, so you shouldn't pay and then complain." Good strategy guy

No. I say people should be aware of obvious scams and don't participate. And yeah scams shouldn't exist in the first place, if that's your point.

• NomadNomad Member

@comXyz said:

Imagine that the person who got cheated/conned was a friend of yours. When you hear the incident wouldn't you say : Are you stupid? How did you believe such a thing? Who can sell a car for 7$?
    In such cases both parties are to blame.

• @Nomad said:
    Imagine that the person who got cheated/conned was a friend of yours. When you hear the incident wouldn't you say : Are you stupid? How did you believe such a thing? Who can sell a car for 7$?

You can say that to your friends, but I won't.

I got a Samsung Grand Prime for 2.87$ from an auction "you're winner if you have lowest and unique price". Now I'm using this phone, brand new without any problem.

There is nothing stupid to believe other people if they're well-known, or if you understand them.

You may get cheated by people you know, but it doesn't mean you're stupid, just because you believe wrong people.

If Bill Gates tells me, "give me 7$, you can get my car", I will do it. If I receive the car, people like you will say "He's fcking lucky". If I don't receive the car, you will say "he's fcking stupid, who will sell a car for 7$?". I don't care about that though.

Thanked by 24n0nx deadbeef
  • @tr1cky said:
    The bad people use it :P

That is still (sadly) true.

• Die_QuelleDie_Quelle Member
    edited April 2015

@William said:
    wow, xup.in, never thought anyone outside of RaidRush would use that

Still waiting for XUP v3 but Murdoc don't sell it unpaid ;D

• Sounds like they phoned up PayPal and stated it was a intangable item, I would phone PayPal up to see what they do, your mate should have however added proof to the dispute, the more you provide the better chances you have of winning.

• Just saying mine is working fine here.

• Mine is fine as well. Got the 256MB plan.

• vpssamyvpssamy Member
    edited April 2015

I also have 3 servers with them and they are okay

don't understand the opener .. ! he makes the advocat for a 3rd person - can't he/she no self post ...

i have 2 vps - node VZ2-DFW and vz3 - all work fine ... that is all i like

• May be the original client not a LET member. And everyone here knows how things go for new members who sign up and use their first post to raise an issue they have or had with a LE provider...

• I have had a server from them since the day they appeared on LET. No problems so far and it is better than some other providers here

• Wouldn't complain about the support at all. For this price, you at least get some level of support.

• toirdaprrtoirdaprr Member
    edited April 2015

Contrary to my earlier comment, now it's totally off, my vm disappeared from solusvm..:)

Don't leave any positive review, your vm will be removed.