Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Ikoula Xeon 3440, 8 GB Ram, 500 GB HD, 11,99€/mo + 9,99€ set up fee **Limited Stock** - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Ikoula Xeon 3440, 8 GB Ram, 500 GB HD, 11,99€/mo + 9,99€ set up fee **Limited Stock**

Comments

• earlearl Member

@FrankZ said:
    Hey earl tough crowd tonight?

A day in the life of a hosting provider I would imagine.. I do feel terrible thought if someone didn't, get the server they ordered..

• edanedan Member
    edited April 2015

Got the box provisioned yesterday and surprisingly it has a better ping to my country compared to OVH France. Ikoula around 290ms so in par with OVH BHS.

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X3440  @ 2.53GHz
    Number of cores : 8
    CPU frequency :  2527.088 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 7972 MB
    Total amount of swap : 7167 MB
    System uptime :   1 day, 11:14,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 76.8MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 12.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 17.5MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.38MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 3.21MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 91.1MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.17MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 13.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 13.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 23.9MB/s
    I/O speed :  109 MB/s

Edit: a bit unlucky with the drive, it has 30K power on hours.

Thanked by 1earl
  • Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
    edited April 2015

@earl said:
    I do feel terrible thought if someone didn't, get the server they ordered..

JFYI: when I came to that link to order a server, it showed 30 items in stock.

After order has been placed and paid for, the amount was still 30.

A guess: servers are not actually reserved during order process, and all depends on the amount of people processing orders, of how many of them do that and on weather on Mars, perhaps.

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@edan

Looks great to NA, but 290ms ping is pretty high no?

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@Master_Bo said:
    A guess: servers are not actually reserved during order process, and all depends on the amount of people processing orders, of how many of them do that and on weather on Mars, perhaps.

Yeah I noticed that too. The stock is not updated in real time. Last I checked it had the sold out button but stock still showed 20. To be honest with the amount of views this thread got I think they sold more than the 50 servers they advertised. Not sure how many thought

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@earl, you were being a nice guy when you made this tread, and then the tide went out when it was learned that there was no instant gratification. Ikoula delivered more then the offered 50 servers last time, and I expect that they will deliver on all ordered servers this time too.

NOTE: No, have not received my dedi yet, but I am doing other things, important things ;)

Thanked by 1earl
  • edanedan Member

@earl said:
    edan

Looks great to NA, but 290ms ping is pretty high no?

Below 400ms is fine for me :)

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

I sure hope so @FrankZ.. It didnt seem like they took that long to deliver the servers in their last sale.

@edan wow 400ms.. I'm upset my ping went 50ms higher cause I changed ISP.. And I don't even game..

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @earl any ideal on configuring IPv6 for KVM on Ikoula?

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@jacobhere

I have not had a chance to try IPv6 but here's some info that I got from support.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/959277/#Comment_959277

Calculate your IPv6 :
    https://support.ikoula.com/index-1-2-2564.html

Check if IPv6 is installed on your server :
    https://support.ikoula.com/index-1-2-2563.html

I'm thinking we just need to enable the IPv6 module and IPv6 should be available for the server.. haven't tried thought.

Thanked by 2jacobhere jvnadr
  • Thanks @earl for the useful links, I got the IPV6 working on the host with /96 subnet, but no luck with virtual machine so far. I never use NAT IPv4+IPv6 on the KVM before, learning time..

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@jacobhere said:
    Thanks earl for the useful links, I got the IPV6 working on the host with /96 subnet, but no luck with virtual machine so far. I never use NAT IPv4+IPv6 on the KVM before, learning time..

Thats good to know.. Thanks for sharing. I was actually confused at first on how we get the assignments lol.

• @earl said:
    Yeah I noticed that too. The stock is not updated in real time. Last I checked it had the sold out button but stock still showed 20. To be honest with the amount of views this thread got I think they sold more than the 50 servers they advertised. Not sure how many thought

Good for them. I try not to distract them, just waiting for notifications.

Instant delivery is rare event in dedicated servers hosting, so it's fine to wait for several days.

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@Master_Bo said:
    Instant delivery is rare event in dedicated servers hosting, so it's fine to wait for several days.

I'm sure they will appreciate your patience..

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello guys,

@nc80 @boernd When did you ordered ? because i said yesterday there was no more server left ><

@Scottsman i read you ^^
    @Scottsman As part of the process is done by human being even if the server is online some things are left to do like tests/updates/etc... that is why the mails with credentials comes at the end and only this email means server is delivered.

@MarkTurner i explained yesterday there is a lot more behind the "change os" feature it is why it is charged.

@David_P in fact i come from support team not sales department.

@Earl you know that but for everyone i am doing my best in order to get a server to anybody who ordered one.

I thank you all for your patience.

Thanked by 1Scottsman
  • Update: no email yet, but there's mention of the server in pending state on account page.

• Master_Bo said: I wonder how many times I will do that.

Just one. I also received several hours after i sent my id a new email from a different dpt. that it was automated. I responded that I had send my validation details before and they answered me in a couple of hours that all was OK.
    Do remebmer that they are not a hudge company like OVH or DO, but are pretty big to be sure they are not scam.
    And be a little patience of 2-3 days do receive this great deal.

Thanked by 1earl
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

FYI - I just got mine :)

Thanked by 1earl
  • OK so reset to the original OS chosen when ordering is free but to reinstall debian its €19 ?

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@Scottsman said:
    OK so reset to the original OS chosen when ordering is free but to reinstall debian its €19 ?

you should be able to reload your server with Debian or Ubuntu free of charge..you can do this as many times as you wish and it will be free. reset and reinstall means the same thing, it will delete all your current data and restore the OS to when you initially received it.

the 19 euro version of Debian / centos is a plesk ready image which means it has a control panel preinstalled in the OS.. Plesk is a control panel Similar to cPanel, which is not what you need.

Thanked by 1Scottsman
  • I wanted you to be informed that we estimate the delivery on the 13st of april 2015.

Good news, so Monday may be somewhat more interesting than usually.

• earlearl Member

@Master_Bo said:
    Good news, so Monday may be somewhat more interesting than usually.

It's nice that they keep you updated.. I have been with a lot of hosts that don't even give you this courtesy.

• @earl i can't see any free options for Debian, if i click reset then obv ubuntu is just being reinstalled and if i click on change OS all i see is €19 options and there is no free debian.

my HDD is over 3.5 years old which is bad considering the €25 for 10gb Idera/R1Soft backup space.
    everything else is perfect.

Overall happy with what i got and i still think its a bargain.
    so THANKS IKOULA @ikoula.

Thanked by 1earl
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Master_Bo when did you placed your order?

• earlearl Member

Scottsman said: @earl i can't see any free options for Debian, if i click reset then obv ubuntu is just being reinstalled and if i click on change OS all i see is €19 options and there is no free debian.

If you initially installed Ubuntu and wish to change to Debian you may have to ticket support and request they load Debian as your default image..

I'ts Just a guess thought cause I have not tried a reset of my server, but there is really no way to choose the OS so I'm assuming that is the process.

Thanked by 1Scottsman
  • earlearl Member

Just tried the reset feature and want to let everyone know that they don't send you a new password after a reload.. so be sure to not lose that original email with the password.

• @Infinity580 said:
    Master_Bo when did you placed your order?

April 09, 11:27 (Asia/Novosibirsk timezone). Approx. 36 hours ago.

• nc80nc80 Member

I have did my order 08/04/15 11:54:10

• sc754sc754 Member
    edited April 2015

@earl said:

You could always install proxmox on debian and do as many reinstalls as you wish as vm's xD That's the main reason I got it, it's got all the virtualisation extensions too

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@sc754 said:
    You could always install proxmox on debian and do as many reinstalls as you wish as vm's xD That's the main reason I got it, it's got all the virtualisation extensions too

Great suggestion.. I usually install this on all my servers. But I did a reload just to try out the feature, does not seem to be a way to choose ubuntu or debian. seems it just reinstalls the original OS you chose when you purchased the server..

here is a guide to proxmox for Debian
    https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Wheezy

wonder if anyone tried to get vmware on this server?