Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using Dediserve and able to upgrade to Jessie? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using Dediserve and able to upgrade to Jessie?

Comments

• @dediserve Can you make a new thread once your KVM is ready? Also can current customers be on that KVM trial to help test the new platform?

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    dediserve Can you make a new thread once your KVM is ready? Also can current customers be on that KVM trial to help test the new platform?

Yes, and we'll allow customers to move soon also.

Thanked by 1Umair
  • UmairUmair Member

@dediserve said:
    If it helps, we're trialing KVM at the moment, which will make life simpler.

+100 for it. I have been working with an other provider and KVM on OnAPP is a lot better than XEN. (I actually tested a VM with same specs)

Don't get me wrong, I love my server with Dediserve.
    Just voting to move to KVM ... :)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • In our tests, we're seeing 50-75% faster networking, IO and CPU benchmarks on KVM than like for like on Xen. It certainly seems that KVM will let our customers better realise the awsome power of our Hypervisors :)

• sinsin Member

dediserve said: In our tests, we're seeing 50-75% faster networking, IO and CPU benchmarks on KVM than like for like on Xen. It certainly seems that KVM will let our customers better realise the awsome power of our Hypervisors :)

Sweet, I will for sure sign back up with you guys when KVM is ready (that and I will finally be able to use Debian Jessie at Dediserve!)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Sorry to dump an old thread,
    Just did a dist-upgrade from Debian 7.8 to 8.2 on a dediserve box in Sydney,
    Kernel was left at 3.2, No extra steps other than adding jessie sources and dist-upgrade where needed.

Thanked by 2dediserve josephb
  • What US Dediserve locations have a KVM option now? I was thinking of trying out their Dallas location.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @sin said:
    What US Dediserve locations have a KVM option now? I was thinking of trying out their Dallas location.

If you can hold out until mid next week, we'll be relaunching Dallas with KVM hypervisors and a special offer :)

Thanked by 3bohdans sin vimalware
  • dediserve said: If you can hold out until mid next week, we'll be relaunching Dallas with KVM hypervisors and a special offer :)

Nice :) I still have the lifetime 50% off (thanks for that amazing deal btw) - so the Dallas location will relaunch as KVM next week?

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @sin said:

Correct

Thanked by 1sin
  • @dediserve said:
    Correct

Any chance we might see KVM in Frankfurt (anytime soon) for the same reason? :)

• @BBTN said:
    Any chance we might see KVM in Frankfurt (anytime soon) for the same reason? :)

Yes. The plan is all new Hypervisors are KVM

• @dediserve said:
    Yes. The plan is all new Hyfpervisors are KVM

Yipee. I was starting to get annoyed at xen networking.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @dediserve said:
    Correct

One last question, if I were to purchase resources in Dallas right now just to mess around with it, would I be able to destroy the server and redeploy as KVM when it launches or would I be stuck with Xen? Thanks :)

• @dediserve said:
    Yes. The plan is all new Hypervisors are KVM

London too?

• dediservedediserve Member
    edited September 2015

Yes.

We also will shortly reopen London docklands with all new hardware and KVM

Thanked by 2Lee nfn
  • @dediserve said:
    Yes.

We also will shortly reopen London docklands with all new hardware and KVM

Any awesome promos upcoming? Xd

• @joodle said:
    Any awesome promos upcoming? Xd

Soon (tm) :)

• @sin said:
    One last question, if I were to purchase resources in Dallas right now just to mess around with it, would I be able to destroy the server and redeploy as KVM when it launches or would I be stuck with Xen? Thanks :)

I just purchased last week and would like to know this, too.

• You can deploy directly on KVM in Dallas at the moment

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @dediserve said:
    You can deploy directly on KVM in Dallas at the moment

Why no Debian 8 template? Thanks for Singapore KVM VPS btw. :D

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • Deb8 is available on KVM HVs, just drop support a ticket if you don't see it by default :)

• @dediserve said:
    Deb8 is available on KVM HVs, just drop support a ticket if you don't see it by default :)

Done, ticket #440090.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • New CPUs?? awww yeeee

root@dediservebox:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor : 0
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 6
    model name : QEMU Virtual CPU version 0.9.1
    stepping : 3
    cpu MHz : 2933.542
    cache size : 512 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings : 1
    core id : 0
    cpu cores : 1
    apicid : 0
    initial apicid : 0
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 4
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx lm rep_good nopl pni hypervisor
    bogomips : 5867.08
    TLB size : 1024 4K pages
    clflush size : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

• When will Singapore KVM be ready? Akso if we have existing xen vm in Singapore, can we migrate to KVM?

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @Projectpop said:
    When will Singapore KVM be ready? Akso if we have existing xen vm in Singapore, can we migrate to KVM?

I just ordered Singapore location yesterday and i get KVM.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Singapore already has kvm.If you are an existing user, destroy your vm and create a new one and it will be deployed on a kvm

Thanked by 2dediserve vimalware
  • So is it just Dallas and SG atm?

• Dallas, SG, Dublin, London, Sydney, Hong Kong and more soon

Thanked by 2MikePT angrysnarl
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hhm, excited to test KVM @ London.