Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

200+ VPS Machines in one Node - I/O Speed - Raid10 - What to do? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

200+ VPS Machines in one Node - I/O Speed - Raid10 - What to do?

Comments

• Yeah that with the dedicated ips is my second option. Just in case that i sell a blog i wanted only to give give the vps details and not to do transfer etc...

• @BuyAds said:
    I need for every blog different IP. Thats the point.

What's the reason every website need different IP?.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@BuyAds said:
    Yeah that with the dedicated ips is my second option. Just in case that i sell a blog i wanted only to give give the vps details and not to do transfer etc...

Look, get a server, install cPanel, then sell the blog and give to the client the cPanel login.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • Seo purposes

• @mustafaramadhan said:
    What's the reason every website need different IP?

Wasting IP addresses for SEO purposes, I'd guess.

• @BuyAds said:
    seo SERP spam purposes

FTFY

• ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited April 2015

You have a fatal flaw in your plan.

PBN's require a different C class IP in order to work, and there are literally hundreds of different footprints that the search engines check for when determining if you're using a PBN or not.

Once they see 200 IP's from the same provider, on the same ASN, and most of them in the same C-range, your network will get penalized and all backlinks with an origin from it will have a value of 0.

• @NeoXiD said:
    Wasting IP addresses for SEO purposes, I'd guess.

Justification will be: creating VPS machines.

• Why not just use a small cPanel server and cloudflare everything?

Thanked by 2BuyAds netomx
  • @ManofServer said:
    You have a fatal flow in your plan.

PBN's require a different C class IP in order to work, and there are literally hundreds of different footprints that the search engines check for when determining if you're using a PBN or not.

Once they see 200 IP's from the same provider, on the same ASN, and most of them in the same C-range, your network will get penalized and all backlinks with an origin from it will have a value of 0.

That is what I was talking about in my first post. But he thinks he knows it all - let him continue. When he gets 200+ domains banned on Google overnight he'll think again.

• Great Idea.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

You cannot determine how many VPS you can run based on disk alone, that is completely ridiculous.

That is like saying how many rocks can you get in a box..... how big are the rocks, how big is the box, what is the box made from, are all rocks the same shape, how long do I have to put them in, how far from the box are the rocks?

First of all don't be foolish, run raid 5 running raid 10 on 3 disks is just pointless or dont use raid and split the VPS evenly over 3 disks.

Second of all if you are in complete control of this box then you dont need to use VPS, you can just install vesta/cpanel and assign each site its own IP, if you really want to use VPS (for no good reason I can think of) then make a dedicated sql VPS and use ionice to give the backend block device high disk priority.

Make a 2GB ramdisk, create an image, allocate the image to your mysql VPS and then use it as a cache, perhaps do the same for your caching servers.

Do not just do 1 httpd, mail, mysql, cache per VPS that would be a complete waste of resource and is not the smart way of doing it.

Also if you are only using this for yourself then there is no point in the overhead of kvm/xen, use OpenVZ.

and finally:

# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 16.7136 s, 64.2 MB/s

# vzlist | wc -l

That is on a single disk.

Thanked by 3MikePT BuyAds Traffic

@Traffic said:
    That is what I was talking about in my first post. But he thinks he knows it all - let him continue. When he gets 200+ domains banned on Google overnight he'll think again.

Definitely. I give up trying to help him.

• @BuyAds said:
    Justification will be: creating VPS machines.

You don't have to tell me that, everyone uses that justification ;) Anyways, I'd listen to @ManofServer and @Traffic, they're right about the different C class requirement for running a PBN.

@AnthonySmith said:
    You cannot determine how many VPS you can run based on disk alone, that is completely ridiculous.

That is like saying how many rocks can you get in a box..... how big are the rocks, how big is the box, what is the box made from, are all rocks the same shape, how long do I have to put them in, how far from the box are the rocks?

First of all don't be foolish, run raid 5 running raid 10 on 3 disks is just pointless or dont use raid and split the VPS evenly over 3 disks.

Second of all of you are in complete control of this box then you dont need to use VPS, you can just install vesta/cpanel and assign each site its own IP, if you really want to use VPS (for no good reason I can think of) then make a dedicated sql VPS and use ionice to give the backend block device high disk priority.

Make a 2GB ramdisk, create an image, allocate the image to your mysql VPS and then use it as a cache, perhaps do the same for your caching servers.

Do not just do 1 httpd, mail, mysql, cache per VPS that would be a complete waste of resource and is not the smart way of doing it.

Also if you are only using this for yourself then there is no point in the overhead of kvm/xen, use OpenVZ.

and finally:

> # dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    > 16384+0 records in
    > 16384+0 records out
    > 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 16.7136 s, 64.2 MB/s
    > 
    > # vzlist | wc -l
    > 457
    > 

That is on a single disk.

Impressive IO @ OpenVZ, ploop enabled for sure, isn't it? :P 457 containers is a lot. Is that SATA tho?

simfs not ploop and yes it is sata.

• @AnthonySmith said:

Amazing! And here pals speaks for max 40-80 VPS per node.

Can you help to enable that magic thing? AM willing to pay for it.

@AnthonySmith said:

Pretty good. :P

@BuyAds said:

I give up helping you, you're ridiculous.

Thanked by 2Traffic NeoXiD
  • hahahahah well if you can see it is possible to do it and with a great IO speed!

• BuyAds said: Now I want to do Raid10 with 3 disks (yes it is possible).

RAID10 with 3 disks is RAID1E. Not good.

BuyAds said: HardRAID LSI 9271-4i CacheVault 1 GB 3 x 2 TB SATA3 6 Gbps

Too slow, RAID5 of 3 HDDs gives around 150MB/s IO or less than 1MB/s per VM.

BuyAds said: 3 x 300 GB SSD Intel DC S3K (Raid5)

Gives around 800MB/s or 4MB/s per VM - Still slow.

What you need is either 6-8 HDDs in RAID10 (around 500MB/s IO) or 4-6 SSDs (1000-1500MB/s IO).

Thanked by 4BuyAds MikePT earl Pwner
    edited April 2015

BuyAds said: Can you help to enable that magic thing? AM willing to pay for it.

Its not magic haha, I think I just told you how to do it though right?

(Also I am not cheap)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    (Also I am not cheap)

You are my man. :)

edited April 2015

@BuyAds said:
    hahahahah well if you can see it is possible to do it and with a great IO speed!

Sure, idle VPS's, that's certainly possible. Also, 60mb/s isn't a great IO nowadays.

I've managed more servers than you for sure, hundreds if not thousands of servers and what I wrote isn't wrong at all. You're just acting rude like now, trying to look funny.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • BuyAdsBuyAds Member
    edited April 2015

I can thank everyone who posted/shared the idea. This forum have the greatest people who are willing to help. See, in 1 hour how many posts are made. Am really thankful to all.

Am not acting rude, am just happy that I have found the solution i have needed.

Thank you again on all!!

@William said:
    What you need is either 6-8 HDDs in RAID10 (around 500MB/s IO) or 4-6 SSDs (1000-1500MB/s IO).

I'm not sure he read all that, I think he's still going to try 200 VPS in RAID10 with 3 disks, even though I mentioned the same you did (above) and he ignored it. Just a plain stupid guy.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @BuyAds said:
    I can thank everyone who posted/shared the idea. This forum have the greatest people who are willing to help. See, in 1 hour how many posts are made. Am really thankful to all.

Thank you again on all!!

Yes, you found the solution, but you can't see it.

@BuyAds said:

Thank you again on all!!

Good luck! ;)

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • BuyAdsBuyAds Member
    edited April 2015

MrGeneral said: Just a plain stupid guy.

hmmmm. Marketing/PR Bachelor

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited April 2015

@BuyAds said:
    hmmmm. Marketing/PR Bachelor

You run a webhosting business and have proven yourself very lacking of the basic knowledge in that area. A degree proves nothing. Knowledge & expertise do. @MrGeneral and many others in this thread seem knowledgeable, you don't.

Thanked by 1MikePT
This discussion has been closed.