Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedi in Italy, any suggestions? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedi in Italy, any suggestions?

2»

Comments

• @MrGeneral said:

No because is a simple patch. Delegation is not automatic, and for now i just enabled a temp bind server to give him and setup manual delegation.

3 month time is because we're developing a new dedicated server panel and function will be implemented in valhalla v.5 . Develope on existing panel is interrupted because all function was rewritten. Implement a feature request on a "non more developed" panel is not an acceptable way for us.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@matteob said:

Sure thing, although the problem is now solved and you got a happy customer, even if small.

I know what "scalable business" means, I worked in major providers before, but still, you managed to sort it and you only gain with it.

Best luck for the new control panel you guys are developing!

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • matteobmatteob Barred
    edited April 2015

@AnthonySmith said:

Hey look, the roadmap and feature thing is great and I applaud you for having one

Yeah in public you applaud me, but in ticket

"It worked fine, you actually removed the feature, so please don't give me a pile of rubbish about priorities.
    Enjoy your day in church then.
    I assume you just want rid of me there is no other reason for such bad service, I can take a hint."

two different people? :-)

Also you are now saying I am the only one that uses it, and that is not what you said previously.

What? was my first word. Only 2 customers ask us that feature and one leaved us due to bankrupt. So 2 - 1 = 1 (you)

Also, i'm very disappointed you forgot to write here the real timeline i gave you in first ticket reply. As i was it by some people i write here

Customer:
    Not good enough, it is 3 MONTHS I have been waiting now.

I will be cancelling if it is not fixed in 72 hours.

Me:
    hi,
    sorry we can't activate it within next 72 hours are easters day!!!

We will enable next week

Regards

Customer:
    Up to you, don't use Easter as an excuse, I asked about this 3 months ago.

Looking elsewhere now.

It worked fine, you actually removed the feature, so please don't give me a pile of rubbish about priorities.

Enjoy your day in church then.

I assume you just want rid of me there is no other reason for such bad service, I can take a hint.

Why you "forgot" to write here that i promised you that feature for this week? :-)

@MrGeneral @ehab @kcaj

@ahmiq Yeah, i'm Italian latin.... hot person :-)

@matteob,

Well he did not mention that, but 72 hours is plenty of time to enable it (you done it in a few hours, right?), and he has been waiting for it for 3 months.

We're all emotional people, but instead of stopping the discussion, you continued.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I don't see any problem with any of that after waiting 3 months, your obviously just personally butt hurt because someone above you told you to get it fixed.

I don't think you will ever understand that it truly is ridiculous to put convenient holidays and road maps in front of something that has been broke for 3 months.

And if you think me saying you have 72 hours to fix this after waiting 3 months with 0 updates from anyone is unfair or unreasonable then I don't really know what to say about that.

So to sum up.

I waited 3 months

I then gave a further 72 hours

You said you would not be able to do it in 72 hours so I started looking elsewhere.

Your boss obviously told you to fix it as they obviously understand how crazy it is.

You feel like the one that has been wronged for some reason.

This has nothing to do with being Italian, your just a very different person to me, I would be ashamed.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited April 2015

because he ask on thursday and day after started the easter holidays, this is why i said that was not possible and i will do next week. So my collegue asked me to work out of business hour to fix it. Now understand why was so hard for us please him?

@AnthonySmith as i already wrote in ticket i apologized for waiting time, but the hint is that you asked me 72 hours during HOLIDAYS HOURS!! When i said you that we will do next week you said me to not hide behind holiday.... Sorry if i have a private life LoL

@matteob said:
    because he ask on thursday and day after started the easter holidays, this is why i said that was not possible and i will do next week. So my collegue asked me to work out of business hour to fix it. Now understand why was so hard for us please him?

He had been waiting for three months. I'd be upset as well.

Isn't it good to please your clients?

• @MrGeneral said:

Yes, as he waited 3 month why not accept 3 days more to permit a person to had a private life? :-) i promised to do it when i come back to work.....

Sorry if i have private life and i'm not happy to code new feature (not listed in website) during easter days :-)

Good Night

@matteob said:

Because he has been waiting for three damn months and has people waiting for IPv6 rDNS, clients as well, probably.

Have a good night. Just remember your work should give you pleasure, and not be a PITA.

• edited April 2015

So let me get this straight the provider is complaining about fixing something on a holiday that has been broken for months? I don't understand why the provider is throwing a fit and this is what "we" as providers do to have "HAPPY" customers. I guess I should be bitching about having to work today because another sheriffs deputy called in today but that is my job as a reserve deputy to fill in for those who are sick and on vacation. Plus me making double time today was a very good incentive to come in. The point is that it is your JOB to accomplish the mission at hand. Just grab your nut sack and man up.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • matteobmatteob Barred
    edited April 2015

ehm, you're right if is a sold feature (like rdns reverse on ipv4 that we claim it), but we never advertised that we sell ipv6 rdns feature.

@aggressivenetworks based on your word i can buy vm from you now and ask on 25 december to implement new feature. If you will not do i will link your thread ok? :-)

• PwnerPwner Member
    edited April 2015

Finally, this is the drama I've been waiting for! The forum has been waaaaaaay too quiet these past few weeks.

• edited April 2015

Yes if it would make you happy. But the problem is, I would never have waited to fix a problem that took hr's to fix and let it turn into months. That is the kicker though but we all have our certain priorities.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • i have a bad opinion about seflow, i've already told it few months back.. so for now, no need of more..

edited April 2015

@matteob said:
    aggressivenetworks based on your word i can buy vm from you now and ask on 25 december to implement new feature. If you will not do i will link your thread ok? :-)

But it was not a new feature, it's a simple rDNS delegation, for god sake. You had it working previously.
    You're too proud of yourself. Stop arguing and go cebelrate your holidays. It seems you have plenty of time for discussions.

Thanked by 1aggressivenetworks
  • matteobmatteob Barred
    edited April 2015

@MrGeneral said:

Are you know how to delegate a network? It can't be done without a dns server. As NOBODY ask that feature we NOT had it configured , so we built a new box installed the bind server, configured ipv6 only for him and setup the delegation.

ok tomorrow i will buy a vm from you. on 24 december i will ask you to had a new feature. If you will not do it until 26 i will write you this discussion ok? ;-)

p.s. @aggressivenetworks good marketing strategy

Thank you for cooperation.

I consider case closed.

edited April 2015

http://www.seflow.net/infrastruttura/ipv6.php

IPv4 has done a great job for the internet, but their addresses are limited to 4 billion addresses. The boom of the network equipment has brought this protocol has reached its limit and ending IP addresses are.

So what happens when IPv4 runs out of space? Essentially it means that networks will lose the ability to grow (there are workarounds, but they are challenging and really only a short term bandage to the problem). IPv6 is designed to replace IPv4.

IPv6 addresses are 128 bits long (es. 22a02:29e0:4585:1:210:f8ff:fe41:65bf), compared to the 32 bit IPv4 addresses (es. 95.141.32.118). The end result is that IPv6 delivers a much larger address capacity than IPv4.

Over a multi-year transition period, both IPv4 and IPv6 will be supported. IPv6 will eventually replace IPv4.
    SeFlow guarantee native IPv6 support inside our network. oes not have to worry about tunneling to carry IPv6 over IPv4 networks, which in turn means that our networks are not limited by the diminishing pool of IPv4 addresses. In addition, our support personnel are IPv6 savvy today.

When I asked you to delegate IPv6 you did it without any trouble, when I asked you guys in advance if you would be able to delegate you said yes, you also proudly display a big ipv6 logo on your seflow website.

My expectations are not unreasonable, I did my due diligence, it worked fine, your own hardware broke which caused it to fail 3 months ago, which itself is a poor reason as you should have had backup configs that could have been restored when you replaced the hardware.

I really don't think I have any blame here except I was probably a bit to direct with someone who is not well enough equipped to deal with it.

Anyway, I don't have a bad thing to say about the service apart from this experience, I have also supported SEflow and stood up for them in the past.

Matteo probably thinks I am an odd rude guy, I think the same of him we are obviously just very different people so lets just leave it at that, not everyone agrees on everything all the time and shit happens.

Thanked by 1MikePT

Let's move on! :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Anthony

As I said before, in Italy IPv6 is virtually unknown, let alone understood. People simply do not need it, especially businesses. Why is that, i do not know, perhaps too many cheap IPv4 around, even though that did not stop romania from being one of the early adopters, but might also be more like, if it is not absolutely needed, why bother at all, kind of cultural thing. It also fits regarding the new VAT regulations, Uncle does not know anyone planning to implement it, nobody which has a clue, nobody even talking about it. Even had to change accounting firms because considered the old one too moronic after they said they have no idea, but that is the norm, nobody does anything about it.
    I think it is hard to find a DC fully supporting IPv6 in Italy, unless foreign company with a presence there. It might be the future, but not today.

@Maounique fully understood however the fact is they do offer it, they do stamp the fact they are IPv6 savvy on the site and I did ask in advance.