Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedi in Italy, any suggestions?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedi in Italy, any suggestions?

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
edited April 2015 in General

Hi Folks,

Looking for dedi providers in Italy, any suggestions?

Must support IPv6 and actually know how to use it (so not SEflow)

quad core

8 - 16GB Ram

Open to various storage and BW options.

5x IP4

/48 ipv6 or /64 at a push.

Thanks.

Ant.

Comments

• Must support IPv6 and actually know how to use it (so not SEflow)

We know how it work, just reverse delegation is not supported feature. Will be implemented, but is not avaiable yet. As we have no demand on that feature we're focused on developing new dedicated server CP and cloud platform.

This feature is in roadmap, but, as there is no demand is not in our priorities.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

matteob said: We know how it work

That cant be true, I asked you 3 months ago, it has been broken for 3 months and your latest reply was

"but only one was crucified and did martyr , nobody want kick you. Ipv6 rDNS had hardware failure and need to be fully reconfigured with new one, this is why feature is broken. "

It is just stupid, then you offered me the oppertunity to pay you €39 p/hour to fix your own systems.

Anyway, not really interested in your views matteo, enough is enough.

@Maounique can you offer me colo or something?

Thanked by 3Nekki lbft TarZZ92
  • MuZoMuZo Member

Not sure if they fit your requirements but Aruba is quite a well know hosting provider in Italy and their DC is in Arezzo. Netsons is also quite known.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Open a ticket, we do not do dedis for random people, but this does not include you :) It will not be cheap, though, unless Uncle is in a really good day :P

Thanked by 1netomx
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2015

Ah, come on Anthony! We have gazillion boxes with prometeus already! :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • J1021J1021 Member

OneProvider have 2 IT locations, not sure who with.

• Get your own /48, ask SeFlow to route it, you should have control about the rdns without talking to them then.

Thanked by 1mpkossen

rds100 said: ask SeFlow to route it

Or tunnel. Our setup in dallas is not perfect but it simply works. Given the level of adoption in Italy, I am not at all surprised few people have it to begin with. Uncle said none of his business accounts even asked about it, even though we have it since 2011 fully operational.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited April 2015

People would hate him if he used tunnels. He is selling ipv6-only (or NAT ipv4) services...

Hum, if this is for selling and not personal project, yeah, from the specs i saw it is a small box he needs for himself.

• I think it's for the LowEndSpirit Italy location, but @AnthonySmith can comment on this.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Yeah, as Anthony said, something is comming up today/tomorrow.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Well, we have LES location in Italy already. Idk, what would be the new thing.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Infinity580 said:
    Yeah, as Anthony said, something is comming up today/tomorrow.

Guess you are talking about LES KVM?!

That server (1st one) is already running. :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2015

@mikho Ah, thanks for telling meh, just found out the order URL :D

Thanked by 1netomx
  • matteobmatteob Barred
    edited April 2015

@AnthonySmith said:
    That cant be true, I asked you 3 months ago, it has been broken for 3 months and your >latest reply was

>

"but only one was crucified and did martyr , nobody want kick you. Ipv6 rDNS had >hardware failure and need to be fully reconfigured with new one, this is why feature is >broken. "

>

It is just stupid, then you offered me the oppertunity to pay you €39 p/hour to fix your >own systems.

Come on man, be honest and write all the conversation!!! You ask me a fix within 72 hours, i said that is not possible because are easter days , that i'm ridicolous and i want kick you. You was very very rude and this is only reason because i did that reply.

Why are you not honest? In first reply i just said that we will do it and is in roadmap, but only two very low low budget customer asked for rdns in ipv6 and we focused in cloud& dedicated panel. It will be done, but i can't guarantee you the time... and you start replying with sarcastic word.

I think we was clear and honest. do you prefer that i want lie in my reply?

In these days we're focused on doubling our ddos protection that was is much requested. We work as priorities, we take all in consideration but we can't introduce new feature ALL in same time, we need time to develop.

edited April 2015

matteob said: Come on man, be honest and write all the conversation!!! You ask me a fix within 72 hours

Ironic you say be honest, I gave you a further 72 hours after 3 months of waiting.... little different.

I was not rude at all, I was direct, there is a difference, I said don't use Easter as the excuse after 3 months of waiting unless you are all going to be in church or something like that, I don't think that is very very rude, if you do I have no idea how you manage to get by on a day to day basis.

Again this is not a new feature this is a feature that you removed, then you said it was because of failed hardware.... again 3 months have passed and you still consider it a low priority.

So look, I am drawling a line under this, it is clear from your responses you have no interest in fixing this any time soon, I gave you 3 months, I now cant provide what I promised so I need an alternative, I closed the ticket because I am not interested in communicating about this with you any further, you have had ample opportunity.

Does this reflect badly on SEflow? I think so but that is not through my doing, this is the second time you have taken an age to fix an IP6 issue, the first time half your peers were down and it took you over a week and a ton of people on LET telling you what the problem was to acknowledge this so really I need a provider who either knows what he is doing with IPv6 or cares about IPv6 I don't get the impression based on actual service that you tick either of these boxes as a company.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • ipv6 reverse delegation as been re-enabled.

Regards

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@matteob said:
    Regards

Finally. You should at least apologise to @AnthonySmith. It seems it took you a single day to enable something that Anthony has been waiting for three months.

• @MrGeneral

i need to apologise because i introduced a features that he not brought? I did a free work only for him as nobody else need this feature.

In the website we never claimed about ipv6 delegation...

edited April 2015

@matteob said:
    MrGeneral

i need to apologise because i introduced a features that he not brought? I did a free work only for him as nobody else need this feature.

In the website we never claimed about ipv6 delegation...

If you provide IPv6 you should also provide rDNS, it's a standard of this industry. Plus, it seems it was an easy fix if it took you only a day. Three months is more than enough to get it working again, IPv6 is the future, if you want to be well recognized then you need to act differently. Are you that enormously proud?

Edit: Don't take it personally, though. I've used your service and the past, and still got credit there, I actually like you, but in this case I'm not with you certainly.

No apology needed.

Bless you my son.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited April 2015

@MrGeneral said:

i'm not proud, i just hate people that say "take you only one working day" and not respect the work.

EVERY company release feature based on demand request, is a business standard, at the moment with a 4500 customer base only 2 of them request me ipv6 delegation. why i should apologize for a feature not claimed and for did a FREE work only for him?

The real problem is that some customer feels them the center of the world and if they need a feature this must be provided. When i said him that we have no request on that, you know what's the reply? that i'm ridicolous and not "so please don't give me a pile of rubbish about priorities. ". You really expect that i apologize on this rude person?

i do not care if this is not politicaly correct for my company image, i consider courtesy an essential right

And when i said that are easter days and development is slower he was hilarious in myin my religious belief and this is UNACCETTABLE.

• J1021J1021 Member

Earlier on you commented that v6 rDNS wasn't a big issue for you due to lack of demand and thus you wouldn't be enabling it again soon. Now you have enabled it within a few hours, why the change of course? Do I sense your sinking confidence on the way you've handled this issue? Why has Anthony been waiting months for something you've just switched back on within hours?

All professionalism seems to have gone down the plug on this one.

edited April 2015

I am genuinely sorry if I offended your religious belief, but I still maintain it is ridiculous to take 3 months.

I said it was ridiculous for me to pay you €39 p/hour to work on your own infrastructure.

The option was there for you to simply not bother and maintain fixing this as a low priority, I am glad you have fixed it but no one put a gun to your head.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • ehabehab Member

Time in south EU and north Africa is very different from upnorth.

@matteob said:

I'm sorry, but FREE work for him?

You gain business by providing the feature, and it's quite standard these days, and you've done it for him?

@kcaj said:
    Earlier on you commented that v6 rDNS wasn't a big issue for you due to lack of demand and thus you wouldn't be enabling it again soon. Now you have enabled it within a few hours, why the change of course? Do I sense your sinking confidence on the way you've handled this issue? Why has Anthony been waiting months for something you've just switched back on within hours?

All professionalism seems to have gone down the plug on this one.

Agreed.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited April 2015

@kcaj said:

Because he started to post everywhere and my collegues ask me to proceed to stop trolling. And yes still an unused featured, do you know how many delegation we had configured now for v6? 1

You still saying that is a standard, ok, but our work method is pretty simple. We had a roadmap with feature suggestion box and v6 delegation had no votes. I think that nobody can guarantee EVERY existing feature in the word, but good service is a company that implement most requested features and we're following this road from years.

See my side, now to stop trolling one customer i need to delay new feature that 20 customers ask for it. so you think is correct? For me no.

And to be honest every company not consider al customer the same. One big customer is more influent then some little. If one of my biggest customer ask me a feature i take more in consideration then one very very low budget. This not sound great said from a company, but everyone know it. :-)

@matteob said:

Certainly, matteo. Thing is, you had it working before and Anthony has been asking for it to be reenabled 3 months ago. You managed to fix it in mere hours. How hard was it?

Don't you gain for having IPv6 rDNS?

Hey look, the roadmap and feature thing is great and I applaud you for having one, however this is something that worked from day 1 and then broke due to hardware failure apparently?

Also you are now saying I am the only one that uses it, and that is not what you said previously.

Honestly how hard is ip6 delegation, your not handling rDNS for me you just needed to delegate to my own name servers?

Like I said no one put a gun to your head, as you have said I am just a very very small customer.