Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuadIX iDrac - Mounting ISO - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuadIX iDrac - Mounting ISO

2»

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@timnboys said:

He get full access too. No provider will give you Administrator password directly. They need to keep their IPMI working for their monitoring system and when you go away. With the operator access, you can do everything you listed.

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    He get full access too. No provider will give you Administrator password directly. They need to keep their IPMI working for their monitoring system and when you go away. With the operator access, you can do everything you listed.

really? I wasn't asking them to give me their administrator password as it is their's what I was asking was to be able to have to my own admin account just to be able to fix issues like the above mentioned like mrgeneral.
    the main thing I am looking for since I probably paid for the idrac enterprise license is to have full admin rights to it to hopefully fix any issue that may come up like mr. general had. I understand it is for security reasons not to give the user you create for the customer nothing more than "operator" rights but isn't that wrong especially since it seems like they paid for the idrac enterprise license if I am wrong on that I don't want the provider to not have admin access(they can have their own admin account and I have my own admin account).

maybe I am wrong but I just believe if you pay for the ipmi drac enterprise license you should be able to have admin access to it(no not the provider's admin account, your own admin account created by provider for customer.)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello,

Yes I did get Operator access which was enough for me needs, although I had to reset it to fix a problem in the iDrac configuration. :)