Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDOS protected VPS for TeamSpeak 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDOS protected VPS for TeamSpeak 3

Hi

Recently I have experienced lots of DDOS attacks on my TeamSpeak 3 server. At the moment I'm on OVH and the protection there seems to just drop all UDP traffic.

What VPS provider should I use for TeamSpeak 3?

Comments

• RamNode or BuyVM with a protected IP :)

• BlazingFast

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Did you try to contact OVH? They can adjust the firewall, otherwise the default settings are crappy for UDP and Game servers.

• I don't think that the issue is at OVH. Our clients are getting more times per month DDoS and never caused drops.

• georgegeorge Member
    edited March 2015
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

+1 for RamNode for this.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    BlazingFast

I don't know if blazingfast is a good option. I have a friend with a teamspeak hosted there and he's having too much downtime and connection problems.

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited March 2015

ClamHost can offer you this from $4m/o with Blacklotus Filtering

https://clamhost.com/plans/openvz-ssd-vps

• @WInternt said:
    I don't know if blazingfast is a good option. I have a friend with a teamspeak hosted there and he's having too much downtime and connection problems.

Better than OVH at dealing with an attack

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

ChicagoVPS offers the best DDoS protected VPS in the budget industry. Not a GRE tunnel like most. PM me for some special pricing!

• Im running samp on kimsufi 24/7 under ddos never had any issue,also running ts3 servers on misterhost also dont have problems.

• apavaapava Member
    edited March 2015

You have stayed the TS3 in RunAbove?

If so, you must create a new security rule and add it to ssh port, port query the voice and file transfer port, that will help.

something like: http://prntscr.com/6nw6gw

In my case I use as query port 11032 and 12548 as ssh

• PwnerPwner Member

@CVPS_Chris said:
    ChicagoVPS offers the best DDoS protected VPS in the budget industry. Not a GRE tunnel like most. PM me for some special pricing!

How can you offer the "best DDoS protected VPS" in the budget industry when your regular VPS line can barely stay online without any external network influences acting on it?

I don't want to cause trouble, but I'd strongly recommend OP looks up some previous posts about ChicagoVPS before making a decision. I really don't feel like seeing another "im got scamd by CVPS" thread over here for a while.

Thanked by 3MannDude namhuy TheCTS
  • @Pwner said:
    I don't want to cause trouble, but I'd strongly recommend OP looks up some previous posts about ChicagoVPS before making a decision. I really don't feel like seeing another "im got scamd by CVPS" thread over here for a while.

I kinda do... LET has been missing some drama lately :) Does that make me a bad person??

• PwnerPwner Member

@hostnoob said:
    I kinda do... LET has been missing some drama lately :) Does that make me a bad person??

Nah, it just makes you about as expected as the rest of us. The forum has been kind of quiet lately.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ClancomsClancoms Member
    edited April 2015

Why dont you ask a Actual Teamspeak authorized Hosting Company this instead of lowend VPS host ?
    i can refer you to a fully qualified Teamspeak host if you want

http://hosting.teamspeakusa.com/ts3_hosters.php?athp=2799373042b02ef82359d47cdc7e1b56

@Pwner, I am not familiar with your issue, but we do not "scam" customers. As far as offering the best DDoS protection in the industry, that is a true fact. Whatever experience you may have had is not the norm here at ChicagoVPS.

If you wish to discuss further please let me know and send me a PM.

Thanks

Chris

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    Pwner, I am not familiar with your issue, but we do not "scam" customers. As far as offering the best DDoS protection in the industry, that is a true fact. Whatever experience you may have had is not the norm here at ChicagoVPS.

If you wish to discuss further please let me know and send me a PM.

Thanks

Chris

Really, why do you even try..

Thanked by 2Jonchun namhuy
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

said: At the moment I'm on OVH and the protection there seems to just drop all UDP traffic.

if you do have the PRO option, you will be able to configure and open the ports.

@TriDoxiuM I am not sure what you are suggesting, we offer a great service and there is no reason for someone to not consider ChicagoVPS when looking for a virtual server.

Thanks

Chris

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    TriDoxiuM I am not sure what you are suggesting, we offer a great service and there is no reason for someone to not consider ChicagoVPS when looking for a virtual server.

Thanks

Chris

As I can see from the reviews you get around the internet, you cant handle the normal traffic and not a ddos attack. Improve your services or as I can see you will end as GVH. Just a suggestion.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • Whats the spec your looking for ?

• Why are you receiving such DDOS? I run TS on @AnthonySmith LES servers.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

@krs360 said:
    Why are you receiving such DDOS? I run TS on AnthonySmith LES servers.

@OP please don't use LES if you get a lot of DDOS, use BuyVM or Ramnode and pay for a DDOS protected IP.

• @AnthonySmith LOL sorry, I wasn't suggesting that he should use LES for DDOS protection but that thought did cross my mind after hitting submit... my bad.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

krs360 said: @AnthonySmith LOL sorry, I wasn't suggesting that he should use LES for DDOS protection but that thought did cross my mind after hitting submit... my bad.

No worries haha.

• What do you guys expect? If a machine is hardly online, how can it get DDOS? It's the best DDOS protection strategy though.

Thanked by 2Rapta MikePT
  • ClancomsClancoms Member
    edited April 2015

@CVPS_Chris said:
    TriDoxiuM I am not sure what you are suggesting, we offer a great service and there is no reason for someone to not consider ChicagoVPS when looking for a virtual server.

Thanks

Chris

Hey @CVPS_Chris
    Why is your website all messed up ?

http://puu.sh/gZ5KQ/de6b6e4548.png

http://puu.sh/gZ5Q0/9881b07346.png

just wondering is all

BuyAds said: As I can see from the reviews you get around the internet, you cant handle the normal traffic and not a ddos attack. Improve your services or as I can see you will end as GVH. Just a suggestion.

@BuyAds, I am not understanding what point you are trying to get across. Our network is great, and can handle any amount of traffic along with DDoS protection ( If a client decides to pay for it ).

As far as bad reviews there are very few. You cannot compare a company the size of GVH to CVPS. With over 30,000 vps deployed on a monthly basis we get very very little attention when it comes to complaints.

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    As far as bad reviews there are very few.

There are some people that haven't bothered posting a review, because of how many bad reviews you already have.

Thanked by 1Riz