Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BIGvps.io closing - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BIGvps.io closing

2»

Comments

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited March 2015

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this -- been traveling between Germany, London and USA for WHD.Global convention for the past week or so.

I've replied to @pbgben for some more details on the company.

Thanks

• @ItsChrisG said:
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to this -- been traveling between Germany, London and USA for WHD.Global convention for the past week or so.

I've replied to pbgben for some more details on the company.

Thanks

Love you :)

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
  • pbgben said: The infrastructure we currently use was not the best choice for a service provider

So you blame OVH...?

• @William said:

I'm guessing they were talking about their choice of using VMware which required them to do manual setup and deployment

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Big storage VPS is always challenge. 1000 things can go wrong. If you are doing it for cheap it has to be best possible machine that money can buy for that task, which will allow you high density. If you are not able to achieve high density on your storage VPS line most likely you will have hard time keeping things up and after all make some profit out of it. Admin hours are expensive, hardware is expensive, colo is expensive but VPS is cheap. I am suggesting to everyone, check twice your initial income projection. And be prepared for a year running with negative balance.

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

StartledPhoenix said: I'm guessing they were talking about their choice of using VMware which required them to do manual setup and deployment

Well..."required" because they didn't take the time to code/automate. There's plenty of automation in VMware - there just isn't an out-of-the-box hook into a billing system.

Thanked by 1pbgben