Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BIGvps.io closing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BIGvps.io closing

edited March 2015 in Providers

Just got this, in case anyone hasn't got the email for some reason and has services with them, I thought I'd post it. It seems a shame to see them go, as they had an impressive looking product range.

Dear [name],

We would like to inform you that BIGvps will be closing on 8/03/15. Unfortunately, we were > unable to meet our financial goals and are thefor unable to keep the company running.

If you have a service with us that extends after the date above, please send us a ticket and > we will process a refund for you.

We would like to thank you for your custom. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have > any questions or concerns or if there is anything at all that we can do to help you through > > this closure.

Best wishes,
The team @ BIGvps

Comments

• 8/03/15

Wasn't that weeks ago?

• @Jono20201 said:
    Wasn't that weeks ago?

Hmm, that's unusual. Maybe they mean the 3rd of August? I received the email 1 hour ago.

• wychwych Member
    edited March 2015

@Jono20201 said:

8/03/15

Wasn't that weeks ago?

@pbgben, strange new orders seem to be able to be placed.

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • Dammit Murica, why can't you just use DMY and stop causing all of this confusion...

• Jono20201Jono20201 Member
    edited March 2015

YellowHummingbird said: Hmm, that's unusual. Maybe they mean the 3rd of August? I received the email 1 hour ago.

wych said: @pbgben, strange new orders seem to be able to be placed.

@hostnoob said:
    Dammit Murica, why can't you just use DMY and stop causing all of this confusion...

It seems odd they would announce a closure due to "missing funding goals" this far in advance... not that I would disagree with this action, but it does seem to be a long time away.. especially to be offering refunds.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@Jono20201 said:

I guess it could be April but they got the month wrong.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

If they were doing the rest of their business as well as communicating the single most crucial bit of information in this E-Mail (the date), then it's not surprising whatsoever that they're closing.

• cociucociu Member
    edited March 2015

another ? seems to be difficult

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

I can confirm that I made a mistake with the month, it is meant to be 08/04/15 Or the 8th of April.

We will soon be auctioning off our domain.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@pbgben said:
    I can confirm that I made a mistake with the month, it is meant to be 08/04/15 Or the 8th of April.

We will soon be auctioning off our domain.

Proofreading is important. Are you really is such a bad financial position that you can't keep the domain to have a message about shutdown on it?

• trewq said: Proofreading is important. Are you really is such a bad financial position that you can't keep the domain to have a message about shutdown on it?

This.

Worries me that people go so huge straight away that they can't afford the equipment because they got everything in advance and didn't budget. - Oh dear, bit unfortunate.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@pbgben Have you talked to @ItsChrisG yet?

• @FrankZ said:
    pbgben Have you talked to ItsChrisG yet?

^ This. I'm sure he can help.

edited March 2015

@FrankZ said:
    pbgben Have you talked to ItsChrisG yet?
    @Traffic said:

We rented all our hardware so we have very little financial debt < cost of new hardware.

We set a goal for 6 months, and if not reached then we would decide to keep going or can it. We felt that it would be better to stop as we lack the skills required, we we're running the whole thing manually and it took too much time. I guess we just jumped in before fully thinking things over.

I have messaged Chris, but not had a reply back. The only thing we have that's significant is our domain, as we see it anyway. As we wont need this anymore we're just going to auction it out to the LET community.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@pbgben 6 months in LET market is too low.... Ask many provider here, the first year is the most difficult one. Don't expect any profit from this first year.

Anyway, you should wait for @ItsChrisG. He may be interested to buy your customer/server/domain/etc.

Thanked by 2netomx linuxthefish
  • Let should change the rules to avoid summer hosts. I really wanted to get the 500GB vps from bigvps to backup my 2 PC. Thanks God dident do it because it is a pain to trasfer the data.

Offers should be allowed from companies that are 1+ year in business.

Just my opinion....

• ClancomsClancoms Member
    edited March 2015

@Jono20201 said:
    Wasn't that weeks ago?

try looking at it like this
    Aptil 3 2015

• lazytlazyt Member

Even the IRS doesn't expect a company to make money the first three years.

• Aptil 3 2015

If they can deduce that date from 8/03/15, I can see why they're closing.

edited March 2015

@davidgestiondbi said:
    pbgben 6 months in LET market is too low.... Ask many provider here, the first year is the most difficult one. Don't expect any profit from this first year.

Anyway, you should wait for ItsChrisG. He may be interested to buy your customer/server/domain/etc.

I understand that now, unfortunately, when we started we had no real idea of what it would take. We were able to provide the service, but not the business side of things.

We stated the reason as financial, but in truth it has more to do with the lack of skills. The infrastructure we currently use was not the best choice for a service provider. As we "had" to do many tasks manually.

I have had a request for information on a possible take over, so it may not be too bad for the current customers. And future customers can look forward to a service that is run properly.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • has refund is best.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

6 months seriously ,_,

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

I'd like to buy your clients and domain please ping me back with the revenue and the expenditure and we'll work something out.

• @BharatB said:
    I'd like to buy your clients and domain please ping me back with the revenue and the expenditure and we'll work something out.

And after next six months, you will again say that BigVPS.io is closing for personal reason.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

pbgben said: http://BIGvps.io | Storage & VPS provider | 50TB+ Mounts | Need multiple TB's of storage? Ask us!

Oh it's you. Then despite what one forum member here has in his sig, we do need to say LOL. Butting in into every storage thread "like a pro", always pushing your b/s overpriced "offers". Well at least that will now hopefully stop.

Thanked by 2TarZZ92 alexvolk
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@TheKiller said:
    And after next six months, you will again say that BigVPS.io is closing for personal reason.

Please be happy.

• @BharatB said:
    Please be happy.

Yeah sure!

• @TheKiller one of his million hosts he works for

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • wychwych Member

BharatB said: I'd like to buy your clients and domain please ping me back with the revenue and the expenditure and we'll work something out.

That kind of thing is best said via PM/email.

• @wych said:
    That kind of thing is best said via PM/email.

or not at all and let @ItsChrisG deal with this