Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favourite LowEndBox location - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Favourite LowEndBox location

13»

Comments

• ZiggaZigga Member
    edited October 2011

Why not somewhere exotic? Why not Singapore? India? Hong Kong? South Korea? Japan? Guam? Well if you can offer anything from the North part of Korea I'd be very impressed. AU bandwith is ridiculous not to mention, any sort of Coloing costs arm + leg + first born.
    disclaimer: I live in AU. Most of the places I listed have connectivity back to AU.

• I came across a company providing game server hosting in Australia from $5/month, so I assume it is possible to get a good deal even in AUS

• @NordicVPS, the cheapest VPS costs $8 for 100gb at 10MBit! thats a shady provider never used them myself but its a love/hate provider (one man show, suffering from multiple personality disorder). The next step up used to be $10 backed by a corporate big host in AU. that is still oversold to all hell(used it, never going back) Most gaming hosts in au oversell heaps and hope no one notices that DDoS service taking place on that one server they own.

• komokomo Member
    edited October 2011

asia: india, malaysia, hongkong, singapore, indonesia, vietnam, philippines

south america: panama (www.hub.org has LEBs), costa rica, venezuela..

• Spirit said: xprotocept said: Belgium would be awesome also

...but with so many low cost netherland vps providers it wouldn't make any difference unless you're from Belgium.
    Nordic european countries is way to go :P

I'm not from belgium haha, i only said it because there are no Belgium LEB providers

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited October 2011

There is not even a government in Belgium, and you want a LEB... ;-)

• Zigga said: thats a shady provider never used them myself but its a love/hate provider (one man show, suffering from multiple personality disorder).

Man, that sounds surprisingly similar to a client we used to have.

• rds100 said: There is not even a government in Belgium, and you want a LEB... ;-)

That depends on how you define government. If it comes to direct voting and implementing campain promises, most western countries don't have a government.

• Hong Kong and Singapore have issues. Both of them are like Egypt and connect to the internet through a limited number of uplinks. Singapore used to, not sure if they still do or not, run their citizens through a series of poorly managed proxy servers like Comcast does to their purchased clients.

• torsurfer said: South East Asia is sorely lacking of a LEB provider, say in Singapore or Japan.

Seconding Singapore!

• Many top tier "public cloud" providers such as AWS, Rackspace, Joyent, etc have all set up their POP in Singapore. I am hoping the transit price would go down and we'll see a LEB market there soon.

• drmike said: Hong Kong and Singapore have issues

huh? What issues? Last time I checked Singapore was a communications hub? Hong Kong surely can't be that far behind if Google are choosing to use it as HQ for Asia?

Refer to LEA's post on all the Clouds available in Singapore. I don't know the situation in Egypt but I'm pretty sure Singapore would have more connectivity that Egypt. just sayin... (of-course this is off the top my head).

• Well we've always had problems with both. It was real bad a couple of years ago. Maybe it's gotten better.

As to "what issues?" you may want to review my post as I believe I explained for a bit.

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited October 2011

komo said: indonesia

The situation in Indonesia :

Indonesia Internet eXchange (IIX) : 1gbps shared

International IX : 1 mbps shared

Price : ~ $50-70 USD and around $110 USD for International IX dedicated. (1mbps)

• drmike said: As to "what issues?" you may want to review my post as I believe I explained for a bit.

Thats not even really an issue. As far as I know Telco infrastructure wise Singapore is a trendsetter and no I don't work for Singtel(I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say you've no idea what that company is). Singapore has several international cables landing on their shores, but I guess compared to the US its not many, but for Asia for sure, one of the biggies.

As for what ever "proxy solution", I didn't know Singapore was in on Net filtering, but it is a nanny state so it would make sense.

As for we? as in your hosting company? or USA? If its USA, I don't really give a rats but if a whole country picked on your business I really want to know more!

I'm not pulling punches, just calling out on blanket statements. If your info is up to date and accurate I have no qualms, but I have a feeling your not well informed about Singapore. [Disclaimer: I am from a Telecom background, and may have a tiny crush on Singapore.]

• Well i am from Singapore. The price here have always been high. Partially due to the monopoly of the telecom scene here in Singapore or probably the fact that is one of the most densed population in the world. An island with high rise building, SEA financial hub and tech hub, so yea, i doubt prices will drop anytime soon either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_density
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Telecommunications

• Mountspot sale is not guaranteed. It may or it may not. If there is no winner in auction then we are not gonna sell it. We have some serious plans ahead with Mountspot.

• How can you have serious plan's, yet be willing to sell as well. That makes no sense what-so-ever.

Thanked by 1kylix
  • Guys, wrong thread?

Thanked by 3kylix LES AuroraZ