Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon Cloud Drive Launches Unlimited Cloud Storage $5 per month - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Amazon Cloud Drive Launches Unlimited Cloud Storage $5 per month

13»

Comments

• @Nekki said:

Seems to be. I've got a trial running here.

• xxsaumitraxxxxsaumitraxx Member
    edited March 2015

Signed up for the unlimited storage plan (3 Month trial), lets see how it works out for me.

• ChuckChuck Member

Is there a file size limit? Each of my file has over 4GB.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited March 2015

spammy said: So is this Clouddrive really a new thing or something that has been around for a long time but just start to be advertised recently?

And that's why I am a little bit concerned. I mean, apparently there was a "free" plan, and it seems the kindle files (not the books that you purchase, but maybe custom pdfs and other books) are stored in this same "clouddrive" space.

I am wondering if I will be able to continue using this feature without paying.

Edit: Currently I still haven't signed up for their "unlimited" plans, and the interface says that I can't upload files until I click on these plans. But I am still able to send documents to my devices via mail, which is the feature that I use.

• Can you sync folders automatically with cloud drive?

• @seraphkz said:
    Can you sync folders automatically with cloud drive?

According to some articles dating back two years, you can, but I'm not seeing this option in the Windows Client (which is surprisingly stupid by the looks of it).

If I'm missing something here, please let me know because I'd like to know :-)

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2015

Yahoo offer 1Tb of free storage with email. Did someone tried? :)

https://sg.mail.yahoo.com/

• SilvengaSilvenga Member
    edited March 2015

@Chuck last I heard the API file size limit is 2TB. Someone tried.

@mpkossen this a new thing from Amazon, they killed the old attempt, but kept the name (the unlimited plan came out last November). File sync is supported by the API, we just need to wait for Amazon, or some developer to implement more of the API.

I really hate this mobile editor...

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • Hi! Anyone can share their experience with Amazon Cloud Drive Unlimited? It's been over a month and certainly someone has something to share :)

I signed up for the 3 months trial (quite generous), but since third party applications are still fare from being stable I didn't have a good look at it.

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited April 2015

@Issam2204 said:
    Hi! Anyone can share their experience with Amazon Cloud Drive Unlimited? It's been over a month and certainly someone has something to share :)

I signed up for the 3 months trial (quite generous), but since third party applications are still fare from being stable I didn't have a good look at it.

I use the web app and the desktop app. They do what they're supposed to but they suck if your internet connection isn't good (mine has an upload of 100KB/s and drops every 12 hours or so). No retry of failed files, just "whoops", so it needs manual intervention. The desktop app asks for your creds every hour if you're uploading a big file (token expires) to continue. The silly thing is that it stores the creds anyway, but doesn't auto-relogin.

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited April 2015

dp

• NomadNomad Member

@deadbeef said:
    I use the web app and the desktop app. They do what they're supposed to but they suck if your internet connection isn't good (mine has an upload of 100KB/s and drops every 12 hours or so). No retry of failed files, just "whoops", so it needs manual intervention. The desktop app asks for your creds every hour if you're uploading a big file (token expires) to continue. The silly thing is that it stores the creds anyway, but doesn't auto-relogin.

Sounds perfect to not use. At least for now.

Did anyone try out 3rd party apps and had success?

• @Nomad said:
    Did anyone try out 3rd party apps and had success?

Haven't found any that looked current & nice. Do you have any specific in mind?

• NomadNomad Member

Nah... Hearing all those unsuccessful stories I couldn't muster enough courage to get myself an account there.

I'm looking for an excuse to do so ^^

How about acd_fuse?
    It is under development again.

• @Nomad said:
    How about acd_fuse?
    It is under development again.

My home machine is windows and I'm not feeling that adventurous, so ... :)

• NomadNomad Member

@deadbeef said:
    My home machine is windows and I'm not feeling that adventurous, so ... :)

I see your point, I was intending to use it on my server :) I use Windows at home as well. Mint just sits still on my dual boot menu and that's it.

Gosh... Both Hubic and Amazon have this cheap huge storage offers yet in terms of usability they suck. :D Poor us, we can't fill it with petabytes of data.

• That is not what I hoped to hear :(

I will try some apps from github and report here. If there is just one that works sufficiently well Amazon Cloud Drive Unlimited becomes a must have.

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member
    edited April 2015

GoodSync (excellent sync tool for Amazon S3, Google Drive, SFTP, OneDrive and many other cloud services) supported Amazon Cloud Drive in the past, around 2013. They've stopped supporting it two years ago though, thanks to Amazon:

GoodSync for Amazon Cloud Drive

>

We are sorry to inform you that Amazon has requested that GoodSync no longer sync directly with Amazon Cloud Drive. Therefore we have removed this function starting in GoodSync version 9.5.2.

>

We apologize for the inconvenience.

>

The GoodSync Team

It's going to be interesting if Amazon is now a bit more friendly to 3rd party apps or not.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • Issam2204Issam2204 Member
    edited April 2015

I've tried acd_fuse and acd_cli and both fail at login. It could be that I wasn't able to make it work. With the first one I get "Error 403 forbidden", while with the second I get this:

These 2 are the most "popular" on GitHub.

• Looks like they start billing per year, remove monthly payments :)

• gonzogonzo Member

hi! it works! i get it. it was tricky.picpaste.com/YPULcVhZ.jpg

I've used fuse/centos & s3fs
    https://github.com/s3fs-fuse/s3fs-fuse

You can't do it with vps (like host solutions), because they have own kernel.