Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How good is the network / uptime of Delimiter - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How good is the network / uptime of Delimiter

2»

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@at0mic said:

te0-3-4-0.rar3.washington-dc.us.xo.net (207.88.13.198) 107.669 ms 105.324 ms 108.970 ms

That's not true, they have good ISP's which provide decent internet speeds/routes.

Although, Portugal is much better, we have fiber almost everywhere in our country.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Network is fine, we have a lot of VoIP providers on our network. But I would NOT use one of those Atoms for it. You need a LOT more computing power than that especially if you are doing transcoding.

Have hundreds on onsite/client site dual core atoms doing VoIP server duty, No transcoding, just ulaw. they work great. I'm local to Atl, so 55 Marietta is 30 miles away. Need insight into ping tiimes out of this provider site b4 pulling the trigger. Will hopefully set these up for customers that don't want to pay upfront for Voip Server. A dual core atom can easily support up to 15- 20 concurrent calls. Ideal for most SMB's. SIP traffic per call is only 80k.

Thanks Bruce for the ping times but will not have customers from across the pond.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @techwiz44 - If you are not transcoding then it should be fine.

Which network in Atlanta are you on. PM me your IP and I'll send you a traceroute.

• @MarkTurner said:
    techwiz44 - If you are not transcoding then it should be fine.

Which network in Atlanta are you on. PM me your IP and I'll send you a traceroute.

I don't see how that helps unless you are doing a traceroute from a server located at the 55 Marietta datacenter to my local IP. If you can do that let me know.

• techwiz44 said: unless you are doing a traceroute from a server located at the 55 Marietta

Thats exactly what I am proposing