Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus - No reply more then 24 hour
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus - No reply more then 24 hour

ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
edited March 2015 in Help

Hi guys,

I ordered two services from Prometeus but the system pinned me fraud. Then i opened a ticket yesterday at 11AM. Still no reply. I want the service but no reply...

I mailed , but no response.

How this could be there the number 1 provider?

Interesting...

Is there anyone from Prometeus? Or just their ticket system?
I know this is not lowendhelpdesk , but maybe guys you could suggest for me something.

Comments

• Here's an idea, have you considered waiting? They don't work on your schedule, they work on their schedule.

• @KwiceroLTD said:
    Here's an idea, have you considered waiting? They don't work on your schedule, they work on their schedule.

Well this is almost the number one provider here as i see the polls. I dont think no response more then 24 hour is acceptable for their services.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited March 2015

@ZweiTiger said:

It isn't support. It's a sales query. While I don't like them either, they probably focus more time on existing customers than new ones. (which makes sense)

• @ZweiTiger said:
    but maybe guys you could suggest for me something.

Be patient. Orders marked as fraud are probably low on the support totem pole.

Check your spam folder/settings.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • @Microlinux said:
    Check your spam folder/settings.

I got the patient skill , just now out of stock so cant reorder it thats why i want it asap :)
    I hope you understand

• @ZweiTiger said:

Typically fraudulent orders aren't on the top of the to-do list. They'll answer when they get around to it. They're a popular, good provider so I'm sure they'll deal with it soon.

• He prefer political reviews ;)

• Patience is key bro.

It's just 24 hours. I've waited 240 hours to get response from a provider before.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2015

ZweiTiger said: I got the patient skill , just now out of stock so cant reorder it thats why i want it asap :) I hope you understand

Try SeFlow or FlareVM its the same..

• Sales dpt for fraud marked orders is not critical to any provider. So, waiting 24 hours is not much. On the other hand, in Prometeus, any critical technical issue in their vps range is, most of the time, answered and solved in a couple of hours or so (in the last 3 years, I only had to contact them 2 times and I had boxes from them in almost all ranges: overzold, xen server, iwstack).

• fitvpn said: FlareVM

Any reviews about these ones? I didn't know them.

• yomero said: Any reviews about these ones? I didn't know them.

Not yet, they not well known. I tried two months ago,not a bad, very fast network. They offer XEN 100Mbps unmetered. Same location.

• It could be worse, another top polled provider marks you as fraud and accuses your home owner's association Internet of being a VPN

• Maybe you triggered too many alarms so John will not handle this ticket himself and will leave it to Salvatore, who is either travelling somewhere or missed the ticket. If one busyness day has passed without any sign of activity you can try bumping the ticket.

• wychwych Member

@doughmanes said:
    It could be worse, another top polled provider marks you as fraud and accuses your home owner's association Internet of being a VPN

But was it the provider or MaxMind?

• do they offer support response within 24 hours no.

So he doesn't have to

• doughmanes said: top polled provider

They was top provider few years ago, not for now, there nothing new, no new offers for a while.

• Prometeus is one of the best providers here as others mentioned your issue different than normal support.

Did you order using mobile internet (as with some mobile networks IP changes frequently) ? once before I faced similar issue with another website when ordered though mobile internet.

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited March 2015

@praveen said:
    Prometeus is one of the best providers here as others mentioned your issue different than normal support.

Did you order using mobile internet (as with some mobile networks IP changes frequently) ? once before I faced similar issue with another website when ordered though mobile internet.

Seems solved. Maxmind said i am fraud. Then they checked my data and approved.

Anyway seems solved!

Thank you guys! Next time more patient after 24hour .)

• LeeLee Veteran

ZweiTiger said: Next time more patient after 14hour .)

Doubt it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Lee said:
    Doubt it.

24*

• LeeLee Veteran

More like it :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Hello!

I am handling regular VPS and some IWStack and shared hosting tickets. For fringe and new products, Salvatore has the honour, I am only learning.
    Last two days I was also ill and will be some time till I am back fully.
    If you feel there is some urgency in the sales ticket, please feel free to bump it, unlike other providers, we do not take offense in this, as long as it is within reason (one bump every 5 minutes will not get you far).
    You must understand that we are mostly sold out at almost all times, we place high value on existing customers in good standing, they constantly benefit from improvements and our undivided attention, unfortunately, this means we are extremely conservative in accepting new customers and this will have a side effect frustrating some legit ones rejected by automated systems, it cannot be avoided.

Prometeus strategy is to keep a high bar at entry and a very low one at exit. We offer refunds even for reasons such as "I found a better deal elsewhere", as long as it does not involve extra costs for accounting and payment fees. For example, refund the last monthly invoice through paypal or even quarterly or yearly if within 45 days since payment. Most other providers make it easy to enter with huge discounts for new customers and hard to get out ("curious" cancellation policies, threats to send to collection agencies, forced paypal pre-approved payments, etc).
    In my opinion that is the wrong approach, you get a lot of fraud, you frustrate existing customers and you tend to gather the "hoppers" which fly out to any new and more discounted "flower". The worst of both worlds for the provider and serious customers.

As for Prometeus no longer being a top provider because is not putting up new offers, these are two unrelated things. This is mostly because our current database of existing customers form the vast majority of the public interested in our offers and they must know about any new deal first. Second, because any offer we send to them gets posted here by one customer or the other, so, there is no need to do anything else. Uncle posts at times in WHT for google indexing, more than anything else.

Prometeus reached a position in this market where it cannot grow much further, we are deeply committed to privacy and trust very few people with access to customer data, hiring 3rd party support or anything we do not know personally is out of the question, besides, it is and will remain a small family business, where long standing customers in good order become part of our "family", there will probably always be a bit of disinterest for newcomers, especially flagged as fraud. The customer we know and the one which has a separate negotiated contract face to face will always come before any random person from over the internet.
    We do not apply the limitless expansion doctrine, "raw" imperialism does not apply here, recent events show some limits and we are more focused on addressing those issues first, before expanding further.

Of course, I do understand the frustration, I am one of the people which were rejected for years, first because I come from romania, which was considered a high risk country, then because of the mounting racism and xenophobia, especially in Europe. I am sorry in advance for this situation, please contact me directly here, if you feel the victim of this complex of factors.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited March 2015

Maounique said: ... hiring 3rd party support or anything we do not know personally is out of the question ...

Uhm, didn't you mention recently that you and uncle know each other only through skype and chat. I mean to remember that you even mentioned that you've been on the telephone with uncle, at least not for quite some time.

@ZweiTiger

Assuming that your being pinned as a fraud by some fraud protection service is unjustified your problem isn't Prometeus but the fraud protection people (and their shitty system). It is them you need to contact, not Prometeus (who is a fine provider but, so it seems, working with an at least doubtful fraud protection service).

I'm amazed btw. how most poeple seem to just tolerate lousy fraud protection services who "generously" - and often wrongly, it seems - brand innocent people as bad.

Thanked by 2MannDude doughmanes

bsdguy said: Uhm, didn't you mention recently that you and uncle know each other only through skype and chat.

Yes. We are both mature individuals which know a lot about psychology and life and been around for a while. We have the experience to know within an acceptable margin of error whom are we talking to without the need to see their face. Even so, Uncle first hired me to write some tutorials, then gave me very limited access to solve trivial issues, mostly to redirect to the tutorials or see what is in demand and create new ones.
    I got full access as admin in whmcs a while after he tested me with hostbill (my.iperweb.com) which we put up together. This relationship grew in years, and it is individual to individual, hiring third party support is a lot different than this, even if, the institutional relationship is similar (you hire a company).

• @Maounique

Oh, I didn't mean to judge that. In fact, I don't care too much how exactly Prometeus finds and hires their staff as long as Prometeus is a fine hoster (which it is).

I simply spotted something in your statement that contradicts earlier statements.

Being at that I'm somewhat bewildered by your "individual to individual" statement, after you explained more that once that the contract is with your company. Again, not judging but simply noting.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Maounique said: xenophobia

didn;t know you're gay, Mao

Thanked by 2Infinity Nekki
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@netomx said:
    didn;t know you're gay, Mao

That's homophobia, stupid! ;-)

edited March 2015

Xenophobia is a mix of 2 greek words, xenos (foreign) and phobia (fear). The hate towards strangers is derived from the ancestral bonds within the hominid groups, which came from a common blood lineage. The best blood lineage was to survive, thus meant that the tribes people were considering only their relatives as friends/safe, rejecting the ones outside their tribe. This meant from females rejecting foreign males (not always happening, otherwise we would have been extinct through inbreeding, but also due to "conquest", foreign tribes killing all fighters and taking over their possessions which included females). Throughout history, people stuck together to avoid conquest and loss of life due to external invasions, this created a deep fear which makes all foreign or what appears as foreign, looking dangerous. Whether they defend "their jobs", children, households against the foreign threats (ethnicities, religions, even people from the next town), that is because they are perceived as foreign and as such, dangerous. 20 millenia ago, that was a sound policy for natural selection, the best lineage to survive, today is just one of the factors which create death and destruction through wars and hate.
    Also, what includes "our own kind" changes depending on context. If there would be an alien invasion, suddenly, any human will become a friend.

Thanked by 2netomx jvnadr