Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Alternative?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Alternative?

BrandonBrandon Member
edited September 2012 in General

I've been looking for alternatives to WHMCS and was wondering if anyone has been doing the same. If so, have you found any viable alternatives?

Comments

• Hostbillapp and boxbilling looks nice. Hostbill has matured a lot. However, I currently pay around 7.50/mo for my whmcs and can't really justify moving to hostbill.

• Client exec.

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited September 2012

HOSTBILL :D, Blesta, ClientExec, BillManager, BoxBilling, etc.

Just use the search tool, this is like the 5th thread this month.

• @lele0108 said: Just use the search tool, this is like the 5th thread this month.

I find the search tool broken. You only get at max history going 3 pages back the search doesn't work that well. Basically don't get many useful results. I tried it lots of times.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: However, I currently pay around 7.50/mo for my whmcs and can't really justify moving to hostbill.

Where do you get your license from?

• From whmcs.

• "site:lowendtalk.com" in Google does wonders :)

Thanked by 2Davidx klikli
  • @Taz_NinjaHawk said: From whmcs.

How'd you manage to get it at more than 50% off then?

• They asked the ninjas to threaten Matt :) :)

yeah how did you get so much discount?

• Reseller likely. You get your own licenses at that cost as well to use internally.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

i have used Clientexec its buggy but overall i will give it a 2/10

firstly the emails they provide in CE looks like crap , it goes like this ATTN,Customer

which looks like crap and looks like a 12 year old kid who typed those emails

you will have to really manually edit all of the emails Messages in CE

i Find their interface boring and ugly (user and admin)

Order forms are the worst and they only have one order form

but the Support is good. Justin.C will be there for you, and he is part of @bigscoots, so that give you a high assurance of them:)
    i feel that their pricing is stupid, its 11.95 lol i would rather get WHMCS

• ClientExec is the worst billing panel ever. I would not even recommend it to people I hate.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @jshinkle said: ClientExec is the worst billing panel ever. I would not even recommend it to people I hate.

i cannot agree further on this. it sucks.

• @Brandon and @Randy I am also a part of a pretty big reseller hosting business. We do not plan to merge together but expect to see some good pricing on whmcs with our service.

• I have used Clientexec its buggy but overall i will give it a 2/10.

I used Clientexec for quite a while, are license was origionally though a reseller so we were getting it at 6.95 a month so I used it and was happy then my reseller quit reselling as Clientexec changed the way they do the resellers.

Also I saw a thread a while ago that if you own a clientexec license you can no longer transfer that license to anybody else. So if you don't like it and want to get rid of it to bad.

The interface has really taken a turn for the better since there programmer mat came on board and changed the admin interface. But they are slow on changing the way the system is and there database is convoluted and hard to program addons for.

• http://www.boxbilling.com/order

Start out w/ the free version and upgrade as you see fit.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@jshinkle said: ClientExec is the worst billing panel ever. I would not even recommend it to people I hate.

Well, I didn't mind it up to now but the billing part is really fudged and a lot of other small tadbits..

• problem with box billing is they don't have an import script so to me it is completely worthless with out it unless I am starting up.

• @24khost said: problem with box billing is they don't have an import script so to me it is completely worthless with out it unless I am starting up.

eh, throw a couple interns at it for a few days, problem solved :)

• TazTaz Member
    edited September 2012

I will use it for that nice forum and blog integration only. We will still use whmcs for billing.

• why should I waste my money? If they want business than they should be smart enough to figure out that to get people who already have a billing system they might need to make and import system. Business 101 make it easy and they will come!

• Possibly because you have to be a nutcase to migrate from WHMCS to Boxbilling?

Thanked by 1Taz
  • ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited September 2012

HostBill wants a lot of money for a migrate script from WHMCS to HostBil..
    We're moving :x

• whmcs down (again?)

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.
  • Yeah it appears so. Thanks for all your feedback everyone and it will be put to good use.

• Anyone code their own? Essential features are what... Paypal integration and a support ticket queue?

• @bdtech said: Anyone code their own? Essential features are what... Paypal integration and a support ticket queue?

Billing+Support+Automation.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Billing+Support+Automation.

What do you think would make one stand out?

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Billing+Support+Automation.

We're doing that, but won't be in PHP :p. Might be sold later. Don't like WHMCS at all.

• @Brandon something mixed with HB and whmcs?