Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr and Dediserve - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr and Dediserve

2»

Comments

• I have been use for vultr since last year for 2 vps. One of them got tcp syn flood for 10 Mbps. I asked their technical support to block it in their router, but they told me that there is nothing they can do for network. So I cancel that one. Beside that, they are good.

I was using their Australia node.

For dediserve, I just order last 3 days ago. I like their feature firewall, which I can filter everything except what I need. My question to @dediserve is: If I got flood from internet which already filtered at your router, does your system still count the bandwidth?

Thank you

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@dediserve - do you offer BGP?

• @gbshouse said:
    dediserve - do you offer BGP?

For your AS? (yes). Otherwise all our clouds / locations are a comprehensive mix of top tier upstreams and local peers.

• @unfreeze said:

My question to dediserve is: If I got flood from internet which already filtered at your router, does your system still count the bandwidth?

Thank you

No. Anything you filter at your firewall is 'off' your server so not counted (you're adding rules at hypervisor level

Thanked by 2unfreeze Pwner
  • That's great. Thank you

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @dediserve said:
    No. Anything you filter at your firewall is 'off' your server so not counted (you're adding rules at hypervisor level

Just to clear things up, but a 2Gbps limit still applies correct?

• In terms of attack / DOS traffic, yes.> @Jonchun said:

Just to clear things up, but a 2Gbps limit still applies correct?

• (The Hypevisors have 10Gbps uplinks to the public net, so we limit any one client to 2gbps max filtering.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @dediserve, I have question about partnership. May I pm you?

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @unfreeze said:
    dediserve, I have question about partnership. May I pm you?

Absolutely

• @unfreeze said:
    dediserve, I have question about partnership. May I pm you?

While I haven't made huge sales yet as I'm still setting up and waiting on paperwork on a LLC filing, tax filing, etc, I can assure you that they have one of the best partnership/reseller programs I've ever worked with. @dediserve (James) is one of the most helpful support agents/managers I've ever talked to, and outside of ONE response (he may have been really busy then), every single one of his replies were both helpful and personal. And yes, because I want to partner with them for the launch of a new VAR cloud service, I admittedly did bombard their support desk in order to make sure everything I wanted to know was taken care of. They offer 24/7 support and in the roughly 1-2 months I've been working things out with them, I've seen Live Chat down for a total of maybe 5 minutes (may have been a bug too).

You won't regret it if you get accepted into their program.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @Jonchun, thank you for references. I have send message to @dediserve. Their services looks promised for partnership.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @Jonchun said:
    You won't regret it if you get accepted into their program.

@unfreeze said:
    Jonchun, thank you for references. I have send message to dediserve. Their services looks promised for partnership.

True, true. As the fact we are also considering the partnership things too, but the delay launch on Singapore and Hong Kong have us step back to review more on them.
    But either way, after testing around their network and server infrastructure, all I could say is that @dediserve is still growing, but in a rapid way. I might able to foresee they will be standing good in the short future. ;)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • I really like Vultr, only been using them for a month tho, so not long enough to write a proper review.

• @MikeSpears said:
    I really like Vultr, only been using them for a month tho, so not long enough to write a proper review.

Just make sure it's not like http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/982173 again?

Thanked by 2Lee lifehome
  • @MikeSpears said:
    I really like Vultr, only been using them for a month tho, so not long enough to write a proper review.

Talking about Vultr, it's been awhile since their horrifying coupon "news". That, I was told the Asia bandwidth was expensive, that they had to cutdown from the customer!

I mean, I don't want this happened? I don't expect a provider could even do this on any location, unless they're weak on paying such bandwidth fees? (referring to Australia, and iirc Singapore)

• lifehomelifehome Member
    edited March 2015

@dediserve said:
    Each resource pool is tied to a location, so you would have a resource pool per location.

Oh now I see more, so what shall I do to the offering right now? I wanna host at Hong Kong instead of Singapore...

• @lifehome said:
    I mean, I don't want this happened? I don't expect a provider could even do this on any location, unless they're weak on paying such bandwidth fees? (referring to Australia, and iirc Singapore)

Hmm? Never saw anything about that, but I don't have anything in Asia, so it really doesn't matter to me...

• @dediserve can we upload custom ISO to install?

• @lifehome said:
    Oh now I see more, so what shall I do to the offering right now? I wanna host at Hong Kong instead of Singapore...

HK is about three weeks away from Launch

@MikeSpears - not at this time no, we have a big template library http://dediserve.com/templates