Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM upgrades DDOS protection to over 100gbit+ with Voxility for FREE! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM upgrades DDOS protection to over 100gbit+ with Voxility for FREE!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@shileno said:
    Francisco

You have a estimated date for this: "We're also putting out a $30/month 2GB w/ cPanel (probably 5 IP's as well) and a $24/month 1GB (w/ probably 3 IP's)."

Ref: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=9365997&postcount=14

Lets get NJ upgraded before I push out a new product line ;) Expect these plans in Early April though.

@irm said:
    Francisco

Is the Voxility filtering done in LV or in LA?

We backhaul from LA. Latency isn't increased at all since LV already backhauls a lot from LA anyway.

@myhken said:
    Francisco sent you a PM.

I'll check your message in a few minutes :)

Just got up and going through messages/etc.

Francisco

Thanked by 1HyperSpeed
  • @Francisco I have understood it correct that from today, you also offer DDoS protection on your LU location?
    Can't see if I have DDoS protection or not, or is it that I can see a main IP and a internal IP?

• J1021J1021 Member

myhken said: @Francisco I have understood it correct that from today, you also offer DDoS protection on your LU location? Can't see if I have DDoS protection or not, or is it that I can see a main IP and a internal IP?

I've just ordered a new protected VPS at the LU location and haven't had a protected IP assigned. Perhaps the same has occurred for you?

• @kcaj said:
    I've just ordered a new protected VPS at the LU location and haven't had a protected IP assigned. Perhaps the same has occurred for you?

Do you have one main IP and one internal? Should we have three IPs?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Francisco said: 10:56AM

Francisco said: Just got up

Playa!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • J1021J1021 Member

myhken said: Do you have one main IP and one internal? Should we have three IPs?

I do, there should be 3. I don't recall the exact wording but with a protected IP it'll display type as 'DDoS filtered' or something like that.

• From their FAQ. So I don't have a DDoS protected IP yet...first time I use DDoS protection, but it will be the DDoS protected IP I use for my domains and my Virtualmin installation?

• @Francisco why do I not have a DDoS protected IP when I paid for it?

• @myhken said:
    Francisco why do I not have a DDoS protected IP when I paid for it?

Providers usually allocate protected IP's manually, so they not yet allocated it maybe?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Congrats, Fran! Seems that business is growing :)

@myhken said:

From their FAQ. So I don't have a DDoS protected IP yet...first time I use DDoS protection, but it will be the DDoS protected IP I use for my domains and my Virtualmin installation?

It's possible Aldryic broke provisioning for filtered IP addresses. At one point we were going to offer the IP's as a separate thing so it's likely a foul up on our end.

Log a ticket if you didn't get an IP address assigned.

@introducial said:
    Providers usually allocate protected IP's manually, so they not yet allocated it maybe?

Stallion handles all that. It handles order time additional IP addresses, filtered IP addresses, diskspace, bandwidth, etc.

Francisco

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Francisco Sent you a PM :-)

• Time to order a VPS just to try out Stallion. It'll be nice using a panel other than SolusVM

@xaitmi said:
    Time to order a VPS just to try out Stallion. It'll be nice using a panel other than SolusVM

Francisco

• @Francisco hope support can fix this soon. Tomorrow I have to have the server up and running, updated my DNS fail over system, uploaded all backup files, created a auto replication, replicated DBs etc etc, all before I'm going away on one month vacation.

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited March 2015

Can anybody confirm that I should use the DDoS protected IP for my websites, and/or the normal IP for Virtualmin?

You can use the filtered IP on both things w/o issue.

Aldryic is around so if you don't have your IP just ticket and he'll fix you.

Francisco

• I've been meaning to grab a VPS at your LU location for a while, might as well do it now.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • J1021J1021 Member

@Francisco I've got a bit of credit knocking about, can this be transferred to others providing they already hold an account in good standing?

@kcaj said:
    Francisco I've got a bit of credit knocking about, can this be transferred to others providing they already hold an account in good standing?

Maybe, talk with Aldryic and see?

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2015

Truthfully with the previous filtering I had a few random clients unable to maintain things like IMAP connections, etc. I didn't really want to bother you about it as I knew you didn't have too much control, and it's not like I'm paying a lot of money. I'm excited about this change for sure. I may be able to deploy it in front of MX1 again.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Francisco said:
    Francisco

Psst, Francisco, when you get a second read my message on VPSB.

@Jar said:
    Truthfully with the previous filtering I had a few random clients unable to maintain things like IMAP connections, etc. I didn't really want to bother you about it as I knew you didn't have too much control, and it's not like I'm paying a lot of money. I'm excited about this change for sure. I may be able to deploy it in front of MX1 again.

Worth testing :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1jar
  • Thanks for the news!
    I guess I will wait for some NJ stock, so I can try your anycast stuff, and maybe the DDOS protected IPs too =)

Thanked by 1netomx

@yomero said:
    Thanks for the news!
    I guess I will wait for some NJ stock, so I can try your anycast stuff, and maybe the DDOS protected IPs too =)

YOMERROOOO

Sure boss, I'll bump this thread if the admins/mods allow it once the NJ plans are back in stock and the $2/m 128MB's are set.

Thanks for the interest, hope all is well.

Francisco

Thanked by 2yomero netomx
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Francisco said: I'll bump this thread if the admins/mods allow it once the NJ plans are back in stock and the $2/m 128MB's are set.

Fine by me, you could also create a new offer thread if thats more appropriate?

• @Francisco a bit off topic, but have you considered offering just filtering? Like NGINX reverse proxy / just GRE tunnel without need of the VPS directly?

Thanked by 1SplitIce

@KwiceroLTD said:
    Francisco a bit off topic, but have you considered offering just filtering? Like NGINX reverse proxy / just GRE tunnel without need of the VPS directly?

I don't really want to get into that all to be honest. We help people configure whatever they need. If you want heavy hand holding then someone like X4B is a better fit. They provide you VPNs/tunnels/proxys and such.

Francisco

Thanked by 2SplitIce KwiceroLTD
  • yomeroyomero Member
    edited March 2015

@Francisco said:

Thanks Fran. Everything is fine here =)
    I will wait for your new offer.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited March 2015

@Francisco said:

I don't recommend them for someone who wants heavy hand holding. They'll just tell you it's an unmanaged service and redirect you to a $2000/month service.

@Francisco do you guys allow more than one ddos filtered IP on a VPS for someone who IS interested in setting up a reverse proxy + gre tunnel service through your VPS(s)? (While normally I'd be sure this would be allowed, I'm curious as to your service because as I understand it, you're selling the voxility IPs at cost) I found a domain that I registered a while ago and completely forgot about. It's perfect for a anti-ddos solution or a server security management company. Just looking into some options (not in the near foreseeable future, but it's still good information to have ^_^ )