Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Blesta? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Blesta?

2»

Comments

• no such thing as internal licenses for Blesta. you can use it anywhere

• @Leechum said:
    no such thing as internal licenses for Blesta. you can use it anywhere

That's where you are wrong.

They offer two types of licenses:

• Reseller (Distributor / External licenses) - Charged a monthly fee per license.
    • VAR Reseller (Value Added Resellers) - Charged one fee per month and you can sell as much licenses as you wish or include them free in your hosting plans. That's considered Internal licenses.

http://blesta.com/resellers

• Right, but is there a restriction on where you can install the VAR licenses?

• @Jonchun said:
    Right, but is there a restriction on where you can install the VAR licenses?

Not sure I've not contacted the guys to be a VAR, but when you sign up I would assume you sign or agree to a contract for the price you pay per month what limits you can and can't do.

VAR Reseller Pricing

>

Value Added Resellers get unlimited licenses for a fixed monthly fee. Give us a call at 714-398-8132, or email [email protected]

>

so we can discuss this program and pricing.

• @Licensecart said:

so we can discuss this program and pricing.

That's not the point. If an end-client can receive a license obtained from VAR, and it isn't restricted to internal IP ranges, they are not internal licenses.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • what's your point? it doesn't say anything about internal/external

• Direct admin would be awesome..

• Does anyone know if Direct Admin has different pricing than what's on their site? Because $9 a month per license is pretty high.

• sinsin Member

@Steven_F said:
    Does anyone know if Direct Admin has different pricing than what's on their site? Because $9 a month per license is pretty high.

Yes, contact their sales.

• @sin said:

I did, I was just curious if they actually do. I remember once seeing it.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

Blesta will always be in the shadow of WHMCS. It has its faults, even after the big social engineering scandal of the past and people all moving to Blesta, very few did.

It has a market share, it's easy to setup, work with, has the support from 3rd parties and all that you would expect. Blesta like Clientexec will always be there but never able to punch above their weight in the market.

Hence most providers report the same story that the take up of Blesta is very low.

• sinsin Member

@Steven_F said:

There's a bunch of dedicated hosts that offer it free and I see vps hosts offering it at a reduced price...hope you can offer it in the future, love directadmin :).

• @sin said:
    There's a bunch of dedicated hosts that offer it free and I see vps hosts offering it at a reduced price...hope you can offer it in the future, love directadmin :).

Just waiting on their support team. We're evaluating a few software offerings. ;)

• Blesta + directadmin would be great!

• HyperSpeedHyperSpeed Member
    edited March 2015

Lee said: Blesta will always be in the shadow of WHMCS.

Hope LicenseCart doesn't hear you saying this, seems to be very protective over Blesta.

-ot/

I look at the fact that it's software, it's what you pick. It's a personal choice, you shouldn't force or try to force someone to use a piece of software (which is the impression I get from a certain individual). If someone wants to use Blesta, then your offer's fab but I know a fair few who would much rather use WHMCS, it's what a lot of people are used to and it's just easier to use something you're familiar with than something completely different but if you wish, feel free to role it out but like @MarkTurner said the up-take might be minimalistic.

A common phrase comes to mind - "There's no point trying to reinvent the wheel."

• @Steven_F said:

They do $5 vps licenses for us.

• mawrmawr Member

I actually pay for separate reseller web hosting just for the free/cheaper WHMCS. My dedi provider offers free Blesta and if I hadn't spent all that time setting up WHMCS, I would definitely just use my provider's free Blesta. So yea, if you offered it for your clients I'm sure it would be useful to them

• @HyperSpeed said:
    Hope LicenseCart doesn't hear you saying this, seems to be very protective over Blesta.

Haha ;) I give up on WHMCS Zombies...

@Lee Yep WHMCS is amazing! If you have a client who wants to change to GBP from USD because of their accounting... Woo! Make them a new account, and transfer the services over for them... Great! So much for "Multi-currency support" yes all their currency changer does is... you guessed it.. changes the currency symbol... Boom that's what you call a great billing system.

Do you take backups? Cool do you email backups to you? Let's hope no-one hacks your email and get's in because you know email isn't very secure? Doesn't matter no-one would guess you store backups in a email. Oh fun WHMCS is great for admins.

How about making an custom invoice for a customer, to add a new line to your invoice you have to save the invoice... let's hope the cron doesn't work first because if it runs... Boom! Your customers have a half finished invoice emailed to them before you finish it. Don't worry WHMCS it the best!

Security, WHMCS paid $1K for a Unauthorized Remote Code Execution when they offer up-to 5k per exploit found... Only 1k, wow they really give a fuck about security. Let's hope they don't piss of other "researchers" because hey what could they do with it? Oh yeah do a localhost.re and make people shut down their installations whilst they wait for WHMCS to patch them up. They found 50 bugs already on their bugcrowd.com/whmcs.
    Evidence:

Got to love WHMCS it's amazing!!! Wooo.

Got a Owned license? Want to move to a new server, let's hope you haven't already hit the WHMCS limit... Don't worry it's a Sunday and you are locked out before the re-issues won't work... What's the limit... they won't tell us.. Got to love WHMCS! It's the best in the world...
    Source: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1449365

Yeah right.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @Licensecart said:

Fair enough. Now, can you share the same about what's wrong with Blesta? ;)

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

@aglodek said:

@licensecart, with a website focussed on Blesta you have a vested interest in it so it's difficult to see your views as anything other than persistently negative.

I am not saying your comments are wrong, WHMCS is far from perfect and certainly has a number of failings it should not have for such a mature product.

The strengths of Blesta over WHMCS if significant enough should allow it's sphere of influence amongst providers to grow at a reasonable rate, however I don't see it. Maybe it's just a case of the devil you know.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • LicensecartLicensecart Member
    edited March 2015

@aglodek said:
    Fair enough. Now, can you share the same about what's wrong with Blesta? ;)

The only things that are wrong with Blesta that I have heard of is:

• European crap for invoices, that get's splattered all over the forum fucking EU.
    • Mass Mailing: People want that and if it's not there slag Blesta off. But it's coming.

@Lee said:
    licensecart, with a website focussed on Blesta you have a vested interest in it so it's difficult to see your views as anything other than persistently negative.

I used WHMCS back in 2008 - May 2013, Feel free to look above, I know what WHMCS is like, I've used it, loved it and ass licked them. I didn't know about what I mentioned above nor did I know how insecure it was until 2013-2015. so it's not me being a tosser because I sell Blesta.

I sell Blesta and push WHMCS down because I personally know it's better, and I love Blesta, and hate people slagging them off because they are "behind" whmcs...

Remember the days where WHMCS came out and ModernBill was the main competitor... WHMCS didn't have many features, didn't even allow you to set or change DNS at one point... You can't just expect Blesta to be full of features in two years as it's fully re-written.

WHMCS was first out in 2005, 10 years ago. And they have built on top of that code for years. That's 10 years head start of a new fresh product aimed at being secure and better.

Source of WHMCS: http://blog.whmcs.com/?m=200508

If you still think I'm wrong let's wait for WHMCS v6 which apparently is re-written, if it doesn't break modules / features I'll eat my words.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

Licensecart said: hate people slagging them off because they are "behind" whmcs...

You are creating arguments/discussion points from comments that do not exist. You need to step back a little and be less combative. In truth all you are doing is actually making Blesta look worse here through your inability to constructively promote Blesta and instead just attack a competitor.

I am not saying and never have that they are behind because they have an inferior product and in fact In all conversations I see on this I have not seen anyone suggest that.

What I am saying is that their market share is not shifting enough to make them a worry for WHMCS regardless of the products "condition". As noted earlier, there have been many events related to WHMCS that give it's operators plenty of opportunity to jump, but they don't.

Of all the providers I speak to on a regular basis that have looked into Blesta the comments are by in large the same. It's a good product but not so much that they would make the switch.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • @Lee said:
    You are creating arguments/discussion points from comments that do not exist. You need to step back a little and be less combative. In truth all you are doing is actually making Blesta look worse here through your inability to constructively promote Blesta and instead just attack a competitor.

You said what was it again? Oh yeah:

@Lee said:
    Blesta will always be in the shadow of WHMCS. It has its faults, even after the big social engineering scandal of the past and people all moving to Blesta, very few did.

What's the shadow then if it's not technically saying behind. Oh wait shadows are in front of people...

And as for me making Blesta look worse? How do I work for them? I don't represent them and I've head that before in a thread where I was protecting the host and not ClamHost.

People saying "I'm surprised you get customers..." oh wait I still get visitors from LET. So that's just words.

As for attack a competitor... what has WHMCS done? Signed a contract with ModulesGarden to only sell WHMCS stuff, and make them an official partner: http://www.forum.modulesgarden.com/hyde-park/blesta-versus-whmcs-t1752/

Oh fuck they must be making WHMCS look bad... Nah this is a WHMCS fan saying this so I am in the wrong. But if there's a Blesta or non whmcs fan I am probably in the right.

Sorry it's a one one situation with myself and you and I've said my bit. And someone else must have thought you was one sided earlier because I was tagged.

• SadySady Member

Would love a cheaper WHMCS ;)