Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Blesta?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Blesta?

We're most likely about to roll out free Blesta licenses to all of our clients. Before we finalize this, I just want to know how people feel about this. If you could just vote in the poll to give me an idea if it's really worthwhile or not, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Thanked by 1ddhhz
How much does a free Blesta license add on to your VPS experience?
  1. I have absolutely no need nor any desire for a Blesta license.134 votes
    1. I have no need, but it is something nice that I would appreciate and might use.
      44.03%
    2. I have a need and would greatly appreciate something like this!
      55.97%

Comments

• wychwych Member

Your poll is missing the first option as selectable... I think the data may get skewed!

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • @wych said:
    Your poll is missing the first option as selectable... I think the data may get skewed!

Yeah, I'm trying to find a moderator to fix it, but I guess it's too late. I'm going to look at it as a no/yes type poll (no, dis stupid / yes, me wants).

• While I voted yes as I personally use Blesta, I feel like adding Blesta doesn't actually add that much in terms of "features" as (almost) no one uses it anyways. I'd say just offer it as a free selectable upgrade by ticket after ordering or something.

• wychwych Member

Steven_F said: look at it as a no/yes type poll

Gotcha.

Would be fun to tinker with but it wouldn’t be a determining factor for me.

• Is this going to be added to your existing clients as well?

• @Chalipa said:

Yep. It's looking like it'll be part of the release of our in-house billing panel.

• Delimiter has rolled out free Blesta about 5 months ago, but the install rate is negligible. I would say 1% of customers actually installed it and probably less use it.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I might use it in place of WHMCS. Since I have 2 vpses with bolt.

Thanked by 1Steven_F
  • @MarkTurner said:
    Delimiter has rolled out free Blesta about 5 months ago, but the install rate is negligible. I would say 1% of customers actually installed it and probably less use it.

1%? We're talking less than a few dozen VPS, then! O.o

• @Steven_F - The numbers are ridiculously low. I saw a WHMCS promo a while back and that had close to 40% install rate. As good as Blesta is, customers are just not interested in installing it.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Steven_F - The numbers are ridiculously low. I saw a WHMCS promo a while back and that had close to 40% install rate. As good as Blesta is, customers are just not interested in installing it.

I think it might be you or because people are still brainwashed into WHMCS as the industry standard even though all their stupidness and their history. I've seen a fair number of them and I know Blesta forum users are growing, I know Site5 have a few customers on it because they go on the forum looking for help. LicensePal users go to the forum because they don't offer support.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • @Licensecart said:

Well, I've used both Blesta and WHMCS and I have to admit, the transition is difficult. I like Blesta, but it's so different than what I'm used to.

Thanked by 2aglodek HyperSpeed
  • @Steven_F said:
    Well, I've used both Blesta and WHMCS and I have to admit, the transition is difficult. I like Blesta, but it's so different than what I'm used to.

The importer has been improved a bit and still improving as people need it, if that's the transition which is difficult, but yeah they are different and takes time to get used to how Blesta works, but after you get used to where things are you'll go... "Ah that's there is under the correct section".. you then think wait why does WHMCS do it that way and you find out Blesta is much better usability wise.

Like to add a product.

WHMCS: Settings > Products > then you have tabs for each bit, you used to have to put 0.00 in sections to disable them.

Blesta: Packages > Browse > add.

Order forms: Packages > Order forms > add.

To change the theme: Settings > Company > Look and Feel.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @Licensecart said:

I actually found the way that Blesta handles products to be a little complex. WHMCS is actually quite easier, in my opinion, though probably a lot more cluttered.

• @Licensecart said:
    To change the theme: Settings > Company > Look and Feel.

Blesta is harder to navigate and by default looks worse. However, the end product is a lot better once you put in the time IMO. It's like iOS vs Android. iOS works better out of the box, but Android lets you do so much and customize your phone to be just the way you want it, that I prefer Android.

Thanked by 2aglodek HyperSpeed
  • I am just going to ask this I use blesta and I was wondering do any of you know any plugin or something(free hopefully) that allows us to manage our blesta from our smartphone you know a real app that actually works with your blesta not just a wrapper for the main blesta website(not your blesta install).

• Yes! This would be great, I have a WHMCS license but this would definitely be great.

• @Steven_F, @Licensecart, @Jonchun, @agoldenberg, @timnboys:

I'm considering Blesta for a couple of different hosting related projects. Most LEB providers use WHMCS and clients are used to that. Interested in knowing whether it's possible to easily configure Blesta to have a similar order form flow and layout as WHMCS?

• @aglodek said:
    Steven_F, Licensecart, Jonchun, agoldenberg, timnboys:

I'm considering Blesta for a couple of different hosting related projects. Most LEB providers use WHMCS and clients are used to that. Interested in knowing whether it's possible to easily configure Blesta to have a similar order form flow and layout as WHMCS?

I believe their is I think there is even a theme for it but cannot think of it right now as its late lol.
    but anyway it should be on blesta forum somewhere.
    if I am wrong please wait for my brain to wake up tomorrow to help you out further lol

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Well the positive side of blesta is their opensource code , I'm just waiting for them to roll out the mass mailing option before completely opting blesta. Its a great application with alot of potential for custom development.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • where is the order button ;)

• Sign me up

• Being a current customer of yours with 2 VPSs (as of now), this made me really happy.

I look forward to it - and I must say the service you provide is awesome to say the least. Absolutely zero downtime of any kind for the time I've had them, and the performance is impressive!

• AcacyAcacy Member

Been using boltvm since their first launch, and im interested if giving free blesta

• @Steven_F said:
    I actually found the way that Blesta handles products to be a little complex. WHMCS is actually quite easier, in my opinion, though probably a lot more cluttered.

@Jonchun said:
    Blesta is harder to navigate and by default looks worse. However, the end product is a lot better once you put in the time IMO. It's like iOS vs Android. iOS works better out of the box, but Android lets you do so much and customize your phone to be just the way you want it, that I prefer Android.

I used WHMCS from 2008 to May 2013, and I used to love it, moving to Blesta 3 took a while to find the way but I prefer it and find it easier because everything is where it should be, maybe you need to use it more or I'm a easy learner, you can see my old review on WHMCS here: https://web.archive.org/web/20130308110515/http://www.whmcs.com/

to see how far up WHMCS's arse I was. If you don't see it refresh if you can't be bothered here it is:

Fantastic Services, Fantastic Product, what more could anyone want, i have used them for ages in previous businesses and they have everything you need in one product, i wouldn't use another billing system again. The support also has been fantastic, they know everything to help you. Thanks WHMCS!

Michael Dance
    CubicWebs

They sure proved me wrong with their stupid updates and lack of security. But again I was lucky as I moved before localhost.re released their big exploits.

Thanked by 2aglodek geekalot
  • @timnboys said:
    I am just going to ask this I use blesta and I was wondering do any of you know any plugin or something(free hopefully) that allows us to manage our blesta from our smartphone you know a real app that actually works with your blesta not just a wrapper for the main blesta website(not your blesta install).

This? http://modulesbakery.com/blestamobile.php

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited March 2015

Not interested, why billing panel for vps? Why not free control panel for web server?

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @linuxthefish said:
    Not interested, why billing panel for vps? Why not free control panel for web server?

Fair point. A DirectAdmin internal license would be a nice addon. Maybe a choice of either?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Steven_F said:
    Yeah, I'm trying to find a moderator to fix it, but I guess it's too late. I'm going to look at it as a no/yes type poll (no, dis stupid / yes, me wants).

Can't modify a poll, would have to delete it and create a new poll with all votes lost. :(

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

This would be "internal" licenses only, right? Only usable on your network ?

Depending on what packages it will be available for free I might be interested of it. It would be used for testing, getting more experience with it since I found it hard to understand/follow last time I checked it out. Probably colored from other applications I use (not only WHMCS).

My interest only goes so far that I'm not ready to pay yet another license fee for something that I won't use in "production" and I would like to confirm to myself of what features I would like it to have that is missing today, based on what other users has said it was missing in features compared to other products.