Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to Outsource L1 support? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to Outsource L1 support?

2»

Comments

• mikimiki Member

OMG, I asked for recommendation for companies and thread finished on completely different topic :) LOL

Cheers Guys.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

dont hire l1 support, it will do nothing but cause delays, double your work and frustrate customers.

And that goes double when outsourced.

• @BharatB said:
    Mostly Indians spend time learning technical stuff rather than concentrating on the linguistic skills thats their downfall however I'd say we're competent for the work when its required just as any other country folk.

In that case, why do these kids are fluent in English and awesome in terms of the "technical stuff"?

And of course, an awesome article regarding the BPO industry in the Philippines:

Well, people will now have to think twice before mocking Filipinos’ use of the English language since according to a study by GlobalEnglish Corporation, the Philippines was named the world’s best country in business English proficiency, in not just one but two consecutive years. GlobalEnglish releases an annual report called Business English Index (BEI), the only index that measures business English proficiency in the workplace.

It is not about being linguistic. It's because of the influence of the Americans during the old times as well as their contribution to the educational system in the Philippines.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @miki said:
    OMG, I asked for recommendation for companies and thread finished on completely different topic :) LOL

Cheers Guys.

Look for companies or individuals from Elance or oDesk.

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited March 2015

raindog308 said: First, let me ask you a bunch of screening questions you must answer...and waste your time because my manager wants me to close as many calls as possible. Then let me transfer your call...and you can explain it all to the next person...

If they're asking a bunch of screening questions, they're not doing it right.

Level 1 is supposed to attempt to resolve the problem. They're supposed to consider "Would it be faster to resolve this issue myself or would it be faster to write a detailed explanation so a level 2 can easily resolve the issue in non-call-based time?" When you get into scripted bullshit the likes you see at Comcast or what you see with many outsourced support you see shit support. What I was describing is exactly the opposite. Then there's level 3, the skilled persons that can get anything resolved, but not necessarily immediately.

I know I'm seen by some people as that guy that supports the cheapest way possible. I don't support the cheapest way possible. I support the way DONE PROPERLY that if done properly improves user experience both short-term and long-term. What you're describing is bullshit, people taking advantage of a system in such a way it should never have been setup.

• @miki said:

Cheers Guys.

Welcome to LET!

• @leapswitch said:
    You can try We3cares in India. Their team also mans the SolusVM support desk.

Not anymore I think!! SolusVM changed their support last April. Heard from Soluslabs support couple of days ago!!

• @TarZZ92 said:
    i suggest some cheap low paid country like Bulgaria, customers are getting to hate india due to the terrible service and language barrier.

welcome to Samsung support

• singsingsingsing Member
    edited September 2015

Amitz said:

@rds100 said: Gypsies and other morons

>

They are called Roma and Sinti. Your phrase is like "Niggers and other idiots", which is quite racist.

While I don't think it's right to casually imply that all Gypsies are morons, I also don't think the term "Gypsy" is on the same scale of offensiveness as the "N" word. It's more like referring to someone as "black" rather than African American, which is considered mostly harmless in casual conversation in U.S. today because everyone understands that A. A. is a bit of a mouthful in conversation. Same as it's OK to call white people "white" rather than Caucasian. In Latex of course, you can use newcommand macros to make everything PC.

• @leapswitch said:
    You can try We3cares in India. Their team also mans the SolusVM support desk.

No way, must be crap!

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

Indeed!

leapswitch said: We3cares

Certainly is crap

• @miki - I've seen dozens of these outsourcing helpdesk services, usually companies when we buy them have some 'helpdesk' agreement in place. I can tell you without exception all of those companies were horrendous.

Stupid responses, rude responses, lazy responses and so on. Really not good. In the case of three of these 'helpdesk' companies, they were offering dedicated people resource who were found manning other helpdesks at the same time.

When I was out in India a few years back, I visited some of these operators, the conditions were pretty bad, people were demoralised and most of them seem to be doing anything but working.

In a nutshell - don't outsource unless you can actually go to the helpdesk operator's office week-to-week to keep on their back. Every single experience I have seen of them has been third rate.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited September 2015

MarkTurner said: In a nutshell - don't outsource unless you can actually go to the helpdesk operator's office week-to-week to keep on their back. Every single experience I have seen of them has been third rate.

The problem happens when you think everything can be managed by them. While it's obvious you outsource support to decrease work load, I would expect a prospective employer to consider periodic audits on a few random tickets. Those not doing it are risking inexperienced, unreliable or even dangerous agents contacting their clients.

• Traffic said: The problem happens when you think everything can be managed by them. While it's obvious you outsource support to decrease work load, I would expect a prospective employer to consider periodic audits on a few random tickets. Those not doing it are risking inexperienced, unreliable or even dangerous agents contacting their clients.

Just so its said, Yomura doesn't outsource ANY business function. BUT companies we have purchased over the years who provide shared hosting, VPS, etc have suffered badly with these 'helpdesk' services.

One well known shared hosting company, used a well known helpdesk company and were being paid $4500/month for dedicated staffing. Those staff responded to cPanel enquiries with 'Please wait, we are investigating your problem' that was the defacto response and then no action until 2-3 days had passed.

They were asked to migrate cPanel accounts from one server to another and deleted 50% of them; same company were found using the 'dedicated resources' (ie dedicated staff) running helpdesk for other companies, including signing off this company's tickets with another company's name.

• @Maounique said:
    I also heard philippinos have better english and are not more expensive than indians (well, within the same zone). I wont be able to name any company, though.

I was partly raised in PH, and I can personally vouch for this. In school, we were taught to use and speak English as our 2nd language. Also, as far as education is concerned, laws, etc, they're all mostly based from whatever we got from United States.

I had a friend who worked as a CSR, and they were asked to read thick binders, and go through training and testing for a couple of months, before actually becoming a permanent employee.

Good luck looking @miki