Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to Outsource L1 support?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to Outsource L1 support?

mikimiki Member

Hello,

Can you recommend some (preferred cheap from Asia) company that do Level 1 basic support on cPanel hosting.
I guess that some charge per ticket while others have some Flat monthly prices per dedi server.

Can you recommend any that you have used personally?

Comments

• i suggest some cheap low paid country like Bulgaria, customers are getting to hate india due to the terrible service and language barrier.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • mikimiki Member

Yes, eastern Europe would be better, I know. But do you know any company that you can recommend?

• TarZZ92 said: some cheap low paid country like Bulgaria

I live in Bulgaria. While you can find low paid labor here, it would be worthless. Gypsies and other morons. Quality IT people already have good and well paid jobs and woudn't be dirt cheap.

Thanked by 1hico
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

From my experience the best companies are usually where everyone (who does support) chips in on L1 support. Sure its more costly, but less mistakes are made and customers get all the information they need.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • perhaps individuals? check with @4n0nx he was looking into such work but not sure if L1

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited March 2015

rds100 said: I live in Bulgaria. While you can find low paid labor here, it would be worthless. Gypsies and other morons. Quality IT people already have good and well paid jobs and woudn't be dirt cheap.

nothing against your country :) (except them being in the EU)

My ISP uses out of hours support with a call centre in bulgaria (Moved from BE Broadband) and they are quite reliable. way better than the likes of india

• TarZZ92 said: nothing against your country :) (except them being in the EU)

Believe me, i don't quite like being in the EU, with all the bundled extra bureaucracy and idiocy this brings us :)

Yes, a lot of call centers open in Bulgaria in the last years, and not just call centers. Many western companies outsource a lot of their business processes here - like accounting, r&d, sales, etc. But the people working for those call centers and outsourcing companies are usually well educated and relatively well paid, nothing like the $5/day crowd you can hire in India and some other places.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Definitely, Eastern Europe is the way to go with Ukraine, Poland, Bulgaria, with the last two heaving great reputation and definitely much lower labour costs than Western Europe or USA. Large companies, like OnApp already have their offices in the Eastern Europe.

• SplitIce said: From my experience the best companies are usually where everyone (who does support) chips in on L1 support. Sure its more costly, but less mistakes are made and customers get all the information they need.

Not necessarily that, just have L1 support that knows how to deal with situations more complicated than "I need my server rebooted." I'm all for the separation of L1/L2/L3 support. It's essential in a business. But just because they're L1 doesn't mean they get to be the cheapest and worst candidates. Otherwise you have an overpaid L1 and a mislabeled L0 support tier.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

You can try We3cares in India. Their team also mans the SolusVM support desk.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

Servertechsupport.com maybe...

• mikimiki Member

@leapswitch and @AlbaHost
    Thanks guys!

Thanked by 1hawc
  • mikimiki Member

Btw, have you worked with those companies or just found them online?
    I mean, do you have experience with them?

• AmitzAmitz Member

@rds100 said:
    Gypsies and other morons

They are called Roma and Sinti. Your phrase is like "Niggers and other idiots", which is quite racist.

• cassacassa Member

Hav u tryd turning it of end on egain?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Rallias said: Not necessarily that, just have L1 support that knows how to deal with situations more complicated than "I need my server rebooted." I'm all for the separation of L1/L2/L3 support. It's essential in a business.

While L1/L2/L3 is widely practiced, it's a horrible experience and customers hate it.

First, let me ask you a bunch of screening questions you must answer...and waste your time because my manager wants me to close as many calls as possible. Then let me transfer your call...and you can explain it all to the next person...

Just because people tolerate it doesn't mean they like it. In my experience, the best support experiences I've had is when there is not L1/L2/L3.

• Amitz said: @rds100 said: Gypsies and other morons

They are called Roma and Sinti. Your phrase is like "Niggers and other idiots", which is quite racist.

I prefer calling things with their real names. Screw political correctness.

• Hope we can keep stereotypes out of LET.

Whether it be clueless , lazy , or bad English .

Putting people on the defensive derails all productive conversation. Let results and metrics speak instead.

• Company I worked for moved from Indian call centers to iQor in the Philippines for their tiered support. I haven't worked there since ~08 or so, but I know they're still using them. Would assume simple shared hosting administration would not be a problem. I can't give specifics about pricing, but I know that it was competitive with our previous Indian solution. Ballpark it between Indian and Euro labor. Advantage of using Filipinos is the large population of fluent English speakers combined with the American cultural influence. Something to look into if you can't find satisfactory support/prices out of Europe.

Thanked by 1AdventureTime
  • mikimiki Member

@beerbong What is the name of that company and website?

• miki said: @beerbong What is the name of that company and website?

Would like to know that too.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

beerbong said: the Philippines

I also heard philippinos have better english and are not more expensive than indians (well, within the same zone). I wont be able to name any company, though.

Thanked by 1AdventureTime
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Maounique said:
    I also heard philippinos have better english and are not more expensive than indians (well, within the same zone). I wont be able to name any company, though.

Mostly Indians spend time learning technical stuff rather than concentrating on the linguistic skills thats their downfall however I'd say we're competent for the work when its required just as any other country folk.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Well, I did not question competence, but rather gave an alternative for the language.
    The problem in India is that English is a language there and it differs substantially in accent and even words from the main uk/us english, this means that people learn it already "wrong" and is hard to "straighten up" later. While philippinos usually learn it as a simple foreign language from UK or US manuals.

• It helps massively with call centres if they actually use a decent phone system/interconnects back to wherever the customer is.

I've it happen when calling a USA based company with 24/7 support that you'd either get the US team or a team based in India depending on what the time was in the USA when you called.

The problem was the call would always get routed via the USA office regardless of if you ended up speaking to the US team on the Indian team, so it went Europe > USA > India and the quality of the line was sometimes terrible, at one point we had to resort to using Instant messaging.

The actual techs themselves in the Indian call centre were actually quite good, no complaints about them but the poor audio quality on the calls made their job and ours considerably more difficult.

Bad quality lines and companies not allowing deviation from the scripts is what really gives call centres a bad name.

• mikimiki Member

I don't need call centre but basic support for shared/reseller hosting…many clients are submitting basic issues with their Wordpress installation or they don't know to setup private DNS in WHM, etc…
    Those are all easy tasks that can be done directly from cPanel and WHM, so I don't need system admin experts for this level of support.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2015

@rds100 said:
    I prefer calling things with their real names. Screw political correctness.

Just because it is your preference to call people in a derogatory way does not make it right. It stays racist. But - what the fuck. It's LET. Just go on calling people names. It seems to be okay here.

• @Amitz for me gipsy is not a race. It is a culture, a way of life. But as you said this is LET and this very offtopic for this particular thread, we can discuss it in the cest pit if you want.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Completely alright, let's not go further here. But I also do not think that we have to continue this discussion in the Cest Pit. I thought you are racist, you say that you did not mean it in a racist way, so - good then. It's just that the term "Gypsy" ("Zigeuner" in german) has been widely discussed over here in my country over the last decades and the people belonging to that culture do not want to be called like this anymore which should be respected. But - as said: Peace. ;-)

Thanked by 1rds100
  • aglodekaglodek Member
    edited March 2015

@Maounique said: …While philippinos usually learn it as a simple foreign language from UK or US manuals.

Not to split hairs, but English is one of the official languages in the Philippines, unlike India, where it is not ;)

@BharatB said: Mostly Indians spend time learning technical stuff rather than concentrating on the linguistic skills thats their downfall however I'd say we're competent for the work when its required just as any other country folk.

Agreed. However, English proficiency aside (or mainstream accent proficiency, rather), there are other important factors that favor Filipinos, namely their culture that is closely aligned with US/Europe. Sad to see their inept and corrupt rulers squander all that for decades now, leaving most people to fend for themselves, forcing them to break families apart in search of better livelihood everywhere but their own country.

Thanked by 2Maounique vimalware