Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who needs a vps in India and for what ? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who needs a vps in India and for what ?

13»

Comments

• I'd agree with most of the comments in this thread that 1) Although India is an uncommon location, it doesn't provide any significant benefit to users outside of India, and 2) The cost would have to be very low to entice me to buy one given that there are better deals from more established providers in locations with better bandwidth mixtures.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • If you can provide service in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand I'd be interested ;)

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • @bharatb : for personal usage: dual-homed network, kvm virtualization, 256-384mb ram, vnc iso installation option, 1 dedicated ipv4, 100G transfer.

+Proactive I/O abuse monitoring to ensure every guest has at least 150 IOPS available at all times.

For Indian SMB market :
    If you can setup something like Remus on Xen for individual host failover, there are a lot of small bootstrapping Internet businesses that would find that attractive. (not everyone is funded by rich VCs)

You can sell this product line at a premium if you get it working and well-tested.

Caveat: do your own market research as well on places like hackerstreet.in and related Indian startup forums. Canvas/network at 'rootconf 2015' when ticket registrations open.
    A lot of infrastructure/devops staffers from Indian companies will be in attendance.

Hope you can match vstoike's pricing for us LET-ers when starting out. ;)

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • J1021J1021 Member

drserver said: This time he will listen to others, and he will be properly mentored :)

That makes little difference here, many will already be fixated on their feuds. As long as they can be first in with the cheap shots and pick up some "likes", they'll be content with themselves.

@BharatB managed the wind down of his previous operation better than most. Best of luck to him with any future endeavours.

• @jvnadr said:
    I do not get you people. He indeed fail, but he was perfect handling that. He did refund all his clients and did a proper announcement on time to inform about the closure of his company. That was... ages ago (in LET time!). Now, he is trying with a existing new venture, he works for a solid-rock good provider and he is willing to try again to a route that seem to be what he has chosen for living. And some people saying he is skilled in tech, even if he has to gain knowledge in the rest of the fields a business need to grow.

While I agree with everything you said here from all the threads concerning this, I think the reason people continue to bash him may be because he makes himself an easy target by spamming every thread on LET with an "offer", whether it be related or not. When confronted about it, his usual response is something like "i was not offering, i was just asking" or something similar instead of fixing the problem and trying to build his new name as a reputable provider who learned from his mistakes.

Thanked by 2BharatB vimalware
  • LET needs to look at adding this rule...

It is not allowed to respond to threads directing anyone to contact you in order to make money from them and/or if you have nothing to do with the topic that was posted.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

The problem with LET, nobody gets a second chance.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@LordSpock said:
    The problem with LET, nobody gets a second chance.

That's bollocks, quite frankly my dear.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    That's bollocks, quite frankly my dear.

Paha, you've got to be kidding. LET are the most critical bunch of people I've seen on this ol' tinternet for a while. As soon as you've done something slightly wrong you are ruined forever.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited March 2015

@LordSpock said:
    Paha, you've got to be kidding. LET are the most critical bunch of people I've seen on this ol' tinternet for a while. As soon as you've done something slightly wrong you are ruined forever.

Completely untrue. Tons of people were given second chances, including the likes of CurtisG, SZ1 ( he had so many second chances I l've lost count), even MrB was commended for the way he shut things down before. It's his behaviour since then that's the issue, reselling servers at a 100% markup without additional value and spamming up threads.

The vast majority here are actually quite reasonable people, they're just vocal when people come here to take a steaming dump on them.

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited March 2015

LordSpock said: Paha, you've got to be kidding. LET are the most critical bunch of people I've seen on this ol' tinternet for a while. As soon as you've done something slightly wrong you are ruined forever.

GVH had so many chances before its gone for good.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2015

Nekki said: reselling servers at a 100% markup with additional value

Actually i think it's quite OK to resell a server if you add additional value to it. For instance get an unmanaged server, sell it as fully managed for higher price. Your management is the added value.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@rds100 said:

I meant without :-0

• KVM... Chennai.... min 1024 ram... 4 cores... min 1 TB BW at 50/100mbps...$48 per year would be perfect... And add to it a proper mailing address for the company (non residential) would add weightage...

I'd prefer monthly payments to honest but at the same price range.....

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited March 2015

@LordSpock said: The problem with LET, nobody gets a second chance.

Hahaha! My my my! Spock with a sense of humor ;) Let me see... GoodHosting comes to mind - in spades! - to refute your statement :)

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@vimalware said: Remus on Xen for individual host failover

Combined with any free and commercial panel at the moment leads straight to disaster.
    We are shipping Remus VMs with no panel.

It will eventually get supported in following versions of virtualizor, then it will be just great. Costly but great.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • vijaivijai Member
    edited March 2015

@ez2uk said:
    KVM... Chennai.... min 1024 ram... 4 cores... min 1 TB BW at 50/100mbps...$48 per year would be perfect... And add to it a proper mailing address for the company (non residential) would add weightage...

I'd prefer monthly payments to honest but at the same price range.....

Chennai is wayyy too costly for that specification. Unless you were kidding. Then i LoL'd

• i need also if there is a will 1gb ram for projects and development

• vijai said: Chennai is wayyy too costly for that specification. Unless you were kidding. Then i LoL'd

The title of this thread ^^

• @Nekki said:
    The vast majority here are actually quite reasonable people, they're just vocal when people come here to take a steaming dump on them.

Couldn't have said it better even if I tried.

Thanked by 1Nekki