Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who needs a vps in India and for what ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who needs a vps in India and for what ?

Comments

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki said:
    What would this forum be without our CurtisG/SZ1/BharatB?

Well it would be boring wouldn't it :D

• ATHKATHK Member

@BharatB said:
    Well it would be boring wouldn't it :D

No, it would be peaceful..

Thanked by 3namhuy Jonchun Rapta

You don't know the true meaning of peace :D

• ATHKATHK Member

@BharatB said:
    You don't know the true meaning of peace :D

That would be because you're still here ...

@ATHK said:

hahahaha I really like what would I be without you guys , you're the family I have till I get married :) so I'll enjoy my time with you guys along as it lasts.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • More bandwidth!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

BharatB said: you're the family I have till I get married :)

You need to re-evaluate your life immediately.

@Nekki said:
    You need to re-evaluate your life immediately.

:D

• I seriously wouldn't buy this. You shut down your last venture. Put large markups on dedis with nothing extra added (kidechiere is fine as they are no longer on sale). I wouldn't buy this i would prefer to wait for BlazingFast.io later this year.

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    I seriously wouldn't buy this. You shut down your last venture. Put large markups on dedis with nothing extra added (kidechiere is fine as they are no longer on sale). I wouldn't buy this i would prefer to wait for BlazingFast.io later this year.

Thank you for that encouraging comment :)

• His previous venture was a failure, but at least he didn't scam anyone and run with the money.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited March 2015

@rds100 said: His previous venture was a failure, but at least he didn't scam anyone and run with the money.

New ventures wise, this is actually a point in his favor. With a failed venture behind him, he's more likely to succeed than those starting out for the first time. What doesn't kill you... ;) This is a generalization, of course. Mostly it depends on what he's learned from his previous failure and how he applies that know how to his next endeavor.

Thanked by 3rds100 BharatB geekalot

Thank you @rds100

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

aglodek said: With a failed venture behind him, he's more likely to succeed than those starting out for the first time

This time he will listen to others, and he will be properly mentored :)

Thanked by 2Devil vimalware
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

drserver said: This time he will listen to others, and he will be properly mentored :)

Actually, that's a fair point.

@drserver said:

:P

• PremiumNPremiumN Member
    edited March 2015

I might be interested in OVZ indian VPS's.

You seem to have the necessary skills to manage a hosting business, however you need to be a tad more professional and think twice before posting something so that people will actually take you seriously.

Good luck!

Cheers!

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • @drserver said:

Have a look at his answers - he will stay an adult looking kid.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
    edited March 2015

-- removed --

• NekkiNekki Veteran

BharatB said: -- removed --

Wat you say to me, boy?

Thanked by 2RackNode lazyt

@Nekki said:
    Wat you say to me, boy?

Was gonna ask for a title change but saw I could do it :D so removed the comment.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

BharatB said: Was gonna ask for a title change but saw I could do it :D so removed the comment.

I can't even change titles, you numpty.

Thanked by 1BharatB

@Nekki said:
    I can't even change titles, you numpty.

Didnt know that sorry :/

• Come on, guys, haven't you hunted him enough now?

All of us have fucked up sometimes in our lives. Actually, I myself have reached a level of mastership in fucking up **g

So, come on, give that guy some breathing room and let him try his thing.

To paraphrase the clergymen: If any of you has any proof for BharatB having run away he shall bring it forward - or be quiet.

• Perhaps start with a NAT offering at a price hard to pass up for the location, and run that consistently until you've built up a good reputation. Automatic ssh forwarding and reverse proxy on port 80/443 would be nice. DDOS protection mandatory, considering all the flamers (many of whom probably live in their mother's basements and have never even tried to start a business before). Whatever uptime expectations and CPU limits/throttling you plan should be clearly documented in your TOS/AUP. Personally I prefer bursting and throttling to my vps being shut down, and I don't mind 99% uptime if I know to expect it. Just maintain an honest and up to date server status page.

Most people will spend a couple bucks a year on impulse if you offer something interesting. Then you will have a client base to market to, a good reputation, and plenty of experience.

Good luck.

Thanked by 2BharatB hostnoob

@randomq said:

Very informative thank you for this.

• See http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/765577/#Comment_765577 I am not convinced that anybody should buy a VPS located in India.

Thanked by 2BharatB aglodek
  • I do not get you people. He indeed fail, but he was perfect handling that. He did refund all his clients and did a proper announcement on time to inform about the closure of his company. That was... ages ago (in LET time!). Now, he is trying with a existing new venture, he works for a solid-rock good provider and he is willing to try again to a route that seem to be what he has chosen for living. And some people saying he is skilled in tech, even if he has to gain knowledge in the rest of the fields a business need to grow.

So, please stop bashing him.

MeanServers said: How long before you shut this venture down?

As of meanservers, now I can understand why did he chose this name. It is unethical to speculate another person like that and bashing a thread. This attitude won't make you look better, mate, or gain customers... I do not like when LET members uses their professional account to bash other people...

Thanked by 3BharatB arpanjot Devil
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

jvnadr said: I do not get you people.

Look at the detail of what actually happened. There you'll see why there's animosity/suspicion/negativity being directed towards MrB's latest venture.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • vijaivijai Member

@BharatB i would like a low end vps in India for doing basic stuff like running VPN, an irc bouncer perhaps (ipv6 only). Nothing more than that :-)

Thanked by 2vimalware BharatB