Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Looking) providers using Voxility
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

(Looking) providers using Voxility

nexmarknexmark Member
edited March 2015 in Requests

I'm searching for providers using Voxility and with their DDoS Mitigation

List them here, Thank You!

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2015

@jmginer / ginernet has DDoS protected IPs routed through voxility.

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • Thanks!

Keep the list coming guys.

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited March 2015

Zare

HostEasy.eu

Thanked by 1Sakura
  • BuyVM in their LV location.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited March 2015

zare.co.uk

ginernet.com

blazingfast.io

hosteasy.eu

ssdcloud.bg

vpsbg.eu

alistaro.com

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • J1021J1021 Member

Frecyboy said: Zare

tr1cky said: zare.co.uk

I had a Zare with Voxility protection. Vox leaked a large flood and Zare just nulled it, no further assistance given. Whilst under attack I also received an email from Zare to let me know my server had been suspended because they'd received an abuse email alleging my server had been used in an outbound (D)DoS attack. Harry told me via live chat that the server had then been unsuspended as it appeared to be a "false positive". No further explanation was given, the ticket I opened a few weeks ago at the time remains without any response. Had they of looked at the bandwidth graphs for my server before suspending, they could have concluded no suspension was necessary due to the minimal amount of traffic leaving my server.

Tldr; The guys running Zare don't seem to have their whits about them, avoid.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Yeah, zare is the only voxility provider I managed to take down with ~50gbps.
    They also don't have voxility's L7 protection enabled, I still don't know why.
    They are singlehomed and only have a 10gbps line so their network gets exhausted easily.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

tr1cky said: Yeah, zare is the only voxility provider I managed to take down with ~50gbps

You seem like a nice guy.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

We use Voxility for ACLs and mitigation of certain attacks ourselves (RO location). Although we don't use them for L7 or certain L4.

• @Nyr said:
    You seem like a nice guy.

Well, not their site/network but the VPS I have with them.

tr1cky said: Well, not their site/network but the VPS I have with them.

I doubt you got permission to DDoS yourself either. Not to speak where those 50 gigabits did actually came from. It's funny how easily people do admit to stupid things on here.

Thanked by 3netomx 0xdragon Gunter
  • @Nyr said:
    I doubt you got permission to DDoS yourself either. Not to speak where those 50 gigabits did actually came from. It's funny how easily people do admit to stupid things on here.

Well, the first time I "tested" their protection I asked if I could do so.
    There are booters that output 50gbps these days.

tr1cky said: There are booters that output 50gbps these days.

Great.

Thanked by 1Cakey
  • @Nyr said:
    Great.

It is indeed. It pushes the providers to provide better protection.

• Thank you all for the list, your contribution is much appreciated.

• http://knownsrv.com uses Voxility in Romania and provides Voxility DDoS filtering via BGP as an option on the Netherlands infrastructure.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@tr1cky said:
    It is indeed. It pushes the providers to provide better protection.

Yeah. So, if you give people RPGs, that is good thing because it pushes armored car makers to provide better armor. The unarmored cars are not worth their weight in scrap iron these days.

• @Maounique said:
    Yeah. So, if you give people RPGs, that is good thing because it pushes armored car makers to provide better armor. The unarmored cars are not worth their weight in scrap iron these days.

this wasn't about armored cars and rpg's though. i dont think that you can generalize everything like you just did in order to judge properly - better keep it on case by case basis. i think that we all can agree on the DDoS attack threats growing bigger every day, everyone is a potential target and will have to deal with this at some point.. we dont like it but really, i personally believe that if you launch your own hosting company that you have to be prepared for such situations and have to own the required resources to fight such attacks off in order to protect your customer's business.

this obviously costs alot but thats the cost of doing business?

edited March 2015

Mark_R said: this obviously costs alot but thats the cost of doing business?

No, it is not. It is the cost of doing business in "Skid Row", Transnistria or Somalia, not in the City of London.
    There is a way to mitigate all attacks, that is called autonull.
    As recent events have shown, it does not always work, especially when you do not control the core routers and the attack is rolling and targetted at the ISP, not a customer, to force them to leave a certain gang operated area (like the UK), but that is only for the low end market.
    Paypal and VISA were attacked, police sites and government organizations, true, nobody is safe, but, while those companies can afford that "cost of doing business", not everyone does, in the end, these attacks will raise prices or will make providers go our of the market, creating a "required" semi-monopolistic situations with the governments controlling all actors, or at least the datacenters and transit.
    The question is whether we wish to have a duopolistic situation like this, you are either with the mafia or with the government, when ultimately the mafia either controlling the government like in some failed states, or the government living in peace with the mafia, by passing laws creating markets for mafia (drug wars, for example) and mafia cooperating to find the "common enemy" the human rights and democracy activists, like in Mexico.
    In the meantime, most companies can avoid this like regular citizens, dont get involved in gang wars, do not take the side of police either, uphold the law and the rights of people. When that will no longer be possible, due to government+gang actions, it is time to run to the bush anyway, the end is at hand. You will have to make your own network then, meshable handheld devices operating outside of everyone's control, adaptive even to jamming.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

Mark_R said: this obviously costs alot but thats the cost of doing business?

I agree it's not the same, after all anyone with a 1gbps port can theoretically launch a 20gbps attack with DNS/NTP amplification. That said, I think probably 80-90% of DDoS attacks targeting small organizations (percentage by individual attacks, not by attacks weighted by bandwidth) come from DDoS-for-hire services (obviously this is just my guess, I don't think anyone's done a study on it; but considering how many accounts Lizard Stresser had in their leaked customer database, it seems reasonable). So, if these services didn't exist, then most small organizations wouldn't have to worry much about attacks.

Also I think developing policies that reduce the number of devices vulnerable to reflection attacks and encourage ISPs to implement network filtering like in BCP 38 more effectively solves the solution. Also, keep in mind that hosting providers aren't really in a position to implement application-level denial of service attack prevention, so even if they provide IP/TCP/UDP filtering attackers can just use other avenues of attack (whereas targeting the vulnerable devices and botnets themselves prevents attackers from easily acquiring the resources needed for large-scale attacks).

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited March 2015

@perennate said:

you are talking about attacks that are multiplyed by scripts for better impact. - I'm aiming at just flooding the network port (raw udp flood) - no tricks, just raw power from dedicated servers proxied through hacked servers.

• @Maounique said:

what would your post look like if you'd simplify it? whatever point you tried to get agross got lost in the wall of text.

edited March 2015

It means that the cost of doing business does not imply DDoS protection, unless you are involved in the DDoS games.
    I was expanding on the RPG/armored car analogy, you only have that problem on a large scale in some areas of the world. Although expanding and civilization forever shrinking, we are not there yet, there are still areas untouched by this. When the cost of doing business will invlove attacks and defense using massive weapons, it will happen like int eh real world, business and people run, what remains is the mafia and the state, in our case, only big corporations which will have no competition so will work like mafia, and governments controlled by mafia or working together against the regular citizen and his businesses.
    The citizens will adapt by cooperating and building their own net, outside the control of gov and mafia.

• @Maounique said:
    "It means that the cost of doing business does not imply DDoS protection, unless you are involved in the DDoS games."

Maybe DDoS attacks weren't common back then in the old days.. but they are becoming more frequent every day. Right now (i just say this from personal experience but im sure that i could lookup some charts to proof this problem) - either way, we all know whats going on. this is a growing problem.. it can only be stopped by providers who are willing to setup a standard and get the necessary resources to withstand a real raw effective DDoS attack. It has to become a real Standard, no nullroutes or any other bullshit! just real protection! take the hit and keep the services online!! - if necessary bring up the base prices a little bit to make it happen! customers will love the uptime and you will end up with long-term clients.

edited March 2015

I think you misread what you quoted. It has nothing to do with the frequencies of attacks, but with targets. The targets did not change. they are the same gameservers, chatservices (whether text only or voice and video too), hatespeech sites (religion, race, sports, ethnicity, etc), for a while political motivated attacks on major banks and financial services providers and recently even governments attacking inconvenient news sites. There are also the attacks against providers stepping in the turf zones of another, but that is limited to the low end market.

There are millions of other services and sites out there which are not "benefiting" from this kind of attention and should not be disrupted by people playing in the DDoS field.
    So, nullroute forces the minority to move to a protected service because they need it, we should not force the majority which does not need it to subsidize the troublemakers by paying a big price in disruptions and higher fees for the infrastructure and bandwidth. Besides, unless you are dedicated ddos protection provider with researchers, honeypots, customised ASICs, etc, the service will always be one step behind the attackers, because this is a turn based game, they have the first move, you need to adapt under fire while the service is down, a sure way to lose all customers, not only the troublemakers.

So, who needs protection will go to a protected service, who does not need it, will not have to pay for it, this is the natural order of things.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Maounique said:

>

I think you misread what you quoted. It has nothing to do with the frequencies of attacks, but with targets. The targets did not change. they are the same gameservers, chatservices (whether text only or voice and video too), hatespeech sites (religion, race, sports, ethnicity, etc), for a while political motivated attacks on major banks and financial services providers and recently even governments attacking inconvenient news sites. There are also the attacks against providers stepping in the turf zones of another, but that is limited to the low end market.

There are millions of other services and sites out there which are not "benefiting" from this kind of attention and should not be disrupted by people playing in the DDoS field.
    So, nullroute forces the minority to move to a protected service because they need it, we should not force the majority which does not need it to subsidize the troublemakers by paying a big price in disruptions and higher fees for the infrastructure and bandwidth. Besides, unless you are dedicated ddos protection provider with researchers, honeypots, customised ASICs, etc, the service will always be one step behind the attackers, because this is a turn based game, they have the first move, you need to adapt under fire while the service is down, a sure way to lose all customers, not only the troublemakers.

So, who needs protection will go to a protected service, who does not need it, will not have to pay for it, this is the natural order of things.

[END MAOUNIQUE TXT]

Again, as usually you write too much around whatever point you try to make clear - it gets lost within your wall of text (like you try to satisfy every reader without making any bold points.)

If you are straightforward without bullshit then you wouldnt have to run around the bushes like you do.

What do I see from your input?

1. Generalization

2. Alot of text

3. Nothing straight forward related to my previous posts.

I'm not going to reply on you this way, its just too much reading for no result. im not interested in corrupted politics.

• @Maounique said: …It has nothing to do with the frequencies of attacks, but with targets… There are millions of other services and sites out there which are not "benefiting" from this kind of attention and should not be disrupted by people playing in the DDoS field…

Speaking of targets: you seem to have forgotten about, or are blisfully unaware of, the growth business of online blackmail, where a DDoS attack comes accompanied by an email giving terms. Any successful business with an online presence (i.e. website) is at risk.

• Cest pit?

edited March 2015

aglodek said: Any successful business with an online presence (i.e. website) is at risk.

Yet, this does not happen with legitimate businesses. Maybe all people that host with us are unsuccessful or the Italian/US police really successful at catching the blackmailers.

• @Maounique said: Yet, this does not happen with legitimate businesses.

In Poland it does. Primary targets are companies hosting their stuff inhouse.